• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

I just don’t think it’s worth the emotional effort and time to go all in hard on Werner. He’s 4th choice for the left behind Son, Odobert and probably Richarlison. Soon he’ll be 5th behind Moore. If I heard Villa fans were spacegoating their 4th choice LW, I’d think it a bit odd tbh.

He’s not ideal but he suits the system. I don’t think it’s a coincidence our performances have improved since our players have stayed wider. Previously we lacked the ability to unlock the congested middle. Ange’s instructions to stay wide have opened up spaces centrally and suddenly Maddison is reborn. Also staying wide on the left also allows us to get the ball quicker to Johnson in space on the right. Werner executes staying wide very well. Others on the left prefer to drift in narrow.

A lot of his value is outside of the obvious thing we see which is bad finishing

Back