• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Some see Werner as a better fit for the system and that is why they want him to play, not that they think he is a better player than Son.
Against Utd Werner stayed wide, it gave space for Madders and Kulu to work in and at times for the fbs to get forward without everyone stepping on each others toes. With Son in the side his natural game is to come inside and this has caused problems in other games causing the centre to get congested.
It’s also not been compensated for by Sonny scoring the goals that he used too

In the last couple of years Sancho and Palmer would have been very good signings for us. A shame we didn't feel they fit or didn't think they were ready.

Edit:

The interesting with Sancho is we reportedly almost had a deal with him agreed when he was leaving City but they wouldn't sell to us nor wanted to allow him to leave on a free so Instead they sold him to Dortmund. I wonder how his career would have panned out of Porch had managed to get hold of him.
I read somewhere that it wasn't Emirates Marketing Project that stopped Sancho joining Spurs it was that Dortmund met the financial demands and we didn't.

Club would have been mental to sign Sancho - people talk about us failing on the due diligence side of things with previous signings, well Sancho has the biggest red flags of any player going currently after his time at United. Chelsea can afford to take that sort of risk, we can't.
We aren't talking about signing Sancho in 2024 but instead in 2019 when we almost had a deal agreed for him.

Sancho for £20m is a good deal for Chelsea, he was talked about as a £100m player a couple of years back and has plenty of time to come good. Probably a season too early for us, I doubt we'll keep Werner after this season.

Sancho doesn't have Werner's pace but has good close control and trickery for when we're up against low defensive blocks.

Personally, i'd have steered clear given the wages and baggage, but i get the thought of it

Sancho for £20m is a good deal for Chelsea, he was talked about as a £100m player a couple of years back and has plenty of time to come good. Probably a season too early for us, I doubt we'll keep Werner after this season.
We won’t keep him imo
His wages are too high for a low ranked squad player
Sancho would have set us up and I assume he has taken a huge pay cut to go to Chelsea now they only pay a pittance

Back