• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

Son/Kulu/Johnson/Richi/Solanke and others have all missed sitters for Spurs in the past year or so.

If we miss top 4 by a point, is that solankes fault for missing chances at Leicester ?
But they all score. Nobody expects someone to hit all their shots. But some would be nice.

It's not about hating anyone

It's just wanting them to do more. Like I keep being told, he is 4th choice and fills a whole and does a job. Fine. But I would still like him to be able to hit the target

But they all score. Nobody expects someone to hit all their shots. But some would be nice.

It's not about hating anyone

It's just wanting them to do more. Like I keep being told, he is 4th choice and fills a whole and does a job. Fine. But I would still like him to be able to hit the target

If he really was 4th choice then I wouldn’t be as bothered but people are saying he should be first choice over Son which is why I disagree with the sentiment that it’s ok that he misses so many chances because his overall play is good but it’s not good enough to make up for the misses. As you say, don’t expect anyone to score all of them but is getting just one goal from the chances he gets too much to ask?

If he really was 4th choice then I wouldn’t be as bothered but people are saying he should be first choice over Son which is why I disagree with the sentiment that it’s ok that he misses so many chances because his overall play is good but it’s not good enough to make up for the misses. As you say, don’t expect anyone to score all of them but is getting just one goal from the chances he gets too much to ask?
He is 4th choice
But the ones in front are all injured… that’s sometimes the freak nature of football
Why don’t you think he is?

The issue with Son is he's not getting there to miss.

Yeah. The profile of Werner is a better fit, but Werner isn't the right player imo.

I'm hoping Odobert can be, but we still need to see if he can be.

Udogie, Bergvall and Werner, for the time they have been on the pitch should have more than 0 goals and assists between them.

What exactly is he contributing to that unit other than those glaring misses?

Vicario is a goalkeeper mate. Werner is a forward.

Well as was pointed out above, one great example, without his positioning and movement down the left, VDV wouldn’t have had all the space against United to setup the winning goal.

He impacts what the opposition does in both directions.

This is a player with over 300 top flight appearances.

Back