• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

The argument for his signing was that he was meant to be used as a backup, now people want him to start. Is Son the player he was 2-3 years ago? Absolutely not but he still gets 10-15 goals in a bad year. I’d even advocate for Moore getting the minutes Werner would be normally get if Son’s form nosedives. Don’t see the point of using Werner as a starter if he’s not a long term option.
He's there to give Odobert and Moore time to develop. Don't want to be throwing Moore in and he doesn't perform well impacting his confidence.
Ease him in slowly. By the end of the season him and Odobert will hopefully be ready to be starters for next season.

He's there to give Odobert and Moore time to develop. Don't want to be throwing Moore in and he doesn't perform well impacting his confidence.
Ease him in slowly. By the end of the season him and Odobert will hopefully be ready to be starters for next season.
Maybe even sooner if he can get fit
And of course we know form anges picks previously Werner isn’t a starter, but the option of starting Moore yesterday was never something Ange would do

How did he score 95 in 159 in that spell for RB Leipzig!? It's so hard to believe.. It's also too many goals to just say that was just a purple patch. Did Chelsea just ruin him? He has some really good attributes but just lacks the calm and clinical finishing

How did he score 95 in 159 in that spell for RB Leipzig!? It's so hard to believe.. It's also too many goals to just say that was just a purple patch. Did Chelsea just ruin him? He has some really good attributes but just lacks the calm and clinical finishing
I watched a bit of them at the time, Leipzig created a lot of chances. He did miss quite a few but his overall finishing was better ultimately he was just going through a really hot spell.

He needs to start shooting at the keeper, and hope it's as accurate as his aiming for the corners.

He really stretched the pitch in a way that Son doesn't /can't really do anymore....but bleep me, the finishing...:fearscream:
Hopefully Ange and the coaches can work on him to get into the right angles etc, or even just concentrate on going round the keeper or flashing crosses across the box for a Johnson or Solanke to get on the end of like he often did for Johnson or Son last season. I guess we have to hope that Johnson and Solanke can regularly keep up with him when/if he runs through on goal to give him an option of laying it off instead of shooting.

I have to say, he's maybe the worst at finishing but our finishing across the forward line is generally poor when it comes to one-on-ones...we have to hope that improves..

He really stretched the pitch in a way that Son doesn't /can't really do anymore....but bleep me, the finishing...:fearscream:
Hopefully Ange and the coaches can work on him to get into the right angles etc, or even just concentrate on going round the keeper or flashing crosses across the box for a Johnson or Solanke to get on the end of like he often did for Johnson or Son last season. I guess we have to hope that Johnson and Solanke can regularly keep up with him when/if he runs through on goal to give him an option of laying it off instead of shooting.

I have to say, he's maybe the worst at finishing but our finishing across the forward line is generally poor when it comes to one-on-ones...we have to hope that improves..
He tried to aim for the corners or finesse finish which he doesn't ever get quite right. I wonder if he just decided to Welly it might work, he'd at least beat the keeper but maybe still miss the target.

No. The first one he shot straight at Onana. The second one was a decent save but a good finisher buries it. Werner isn't a good finisher so he didn't.

It's annoying because he did all the good work to get himself in that position the first place, but his finishing is just poor. It's never going to change, he is what he is.
The first one he was trying to go through the keeper's legs I think. If taking on the shot at that point then that was probably the right thing to do as I'd say it was the only way he could've scored from there, though I think he perhaps could've instead looked to have not taken a shot and gone round the keeper on that one. I agree on the second chance, that was easier to score. Aditionally, a ball rolled across goal there would've presented pretty much a tap in for Johnson.

I thought he had a good game though. Fits Ange's tactics really well. An alternate version of Werner who is a good finisher and we'd be pretty complete up front.

He tried to aim for the corners or finesse finish which he doesn't ever get quite right. I wonder if he just decided to Welly it might work, he'd at least beat the keeper but maybe still miss the target.
The goal he scored also year which was a cracker was a first time hit
Can’t remember who against but it was late in a game
He strikes me as one of those players that with time doesn’t strike with any conviction

The first one he was trying to go through the keeper's legs I think. If taking on the shot at that point then that was probably the right thing to do as I'd say it was the only way he could've scored from there, though I think he perhaps could've instead looked to have not taken a shot and gone round the keeper on that one. I agree on the second chance, that was easier to score. Aditionally, a ball rolled across goal there would've presented pretty much a tap in for Johnson.

I thought he had a good game though. Fits Ange's tactics really well. An alternate version of Werner who is a good finisher and we'd be pretty complete up front.
An alternative to Werner with finishing is a £60m player
And we have son that is the player there in theory
And anyone new would block the progression opportunities for Moore
It’s why we got Werner in for the squad
I’m mad we didnt do a deal for sancho though as he would have been great for us :mad::mad:

An alternative to Werner with finishing is a £60m player
And we have son that is the player there in theory
And anyone new would block the progression opportunities for Moore
It’s why we got Werner in for the squad
I’m mad we didnt do a deal for sancho though as he would have been great for us :mad::mad:
Agreed on most counts, though Son doesn't seem to play at the LW in the same way that Werner does. Seems to me that Son is trying to make runs into the centre instead of keeping the pitch stretched.

I suspect that Moore may well end up playing inside in the role that Kulu is currently playing. He'll start his career out wide where there is more time and less consequence of losing the ball but end up moved inside as he gets to grips with the pace of PL football.

Agree re: Sancho.

Back