• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

I didnt want to sign Timo, but if the stories, of us trying to get rid of 8-12 player are true, them replacing them all, will be to much, so ok with him only being a loan, to see what happens in a full season,. with an out and out striker.

Im not sure he fits the system especially. The combination of him, Son and Johnson was the least effective front line we've had since Bent and Pav. It was 3 players wanting to play on the break, for a possession based side

Me and @Bishop were saying similar all season but people thought they are a similar level to the top 3.

I thought that concluded he had loose cartilage floating around that would definitely cause an issue at some point?

It's Osgood-Schlatter disease, from what I've read. An area that gets inflamed below the kneecap (not under it) where tendons meet bone. It can recede as the sufferer stops growing. No idea where Nusa is in that regard.

But the thought of him out wide and the equally nimble, velcro-toed Bergvall - with Maddison - in the middle is a tempting prospect. We'll be needing treatment ourselves - for pulled eye muscles.

It's Osgood-Schlatter disease, from what I've read. An area that gets inflamed below the kneecap (not under it) where tendons meet bone. It can recede as the sufferer stops growing. No idea where Nusa is in that regard.

But the thought of him out wide and the equally nimble, velcro-toed Bergvall - with Maddison - in the middle is a tempting prospect. We'll be needing treatment ourselves - for pulled eye muscles.

Nusa's dribbling and agility and tricks are like nothing else we have at the club. It would be a whole different dimension to our attack.

Look at all the senior players we had to loan out last season because there was no space for them and we couldnt sell them.
Seems like you are rewriting history, mate. Sure, senior players that were sent out on loan, but that was because they were not in Ange's plans, however Werner, obviously is.

If it's a good signing or not will probably depend on what other business we do so let's wait and see...

Think he did well. Fits the system well too. We were short of options on the left and had Kulusevski and Johnson on the right, but wouldn't be surprised if he could play well on the right as well. If we're going to show faith in young Moore for example I think this is one way of doing it. Rather than spending a lot of money on someone we get an option in who we know can perform at a reasonable level. But also someone who can easily be moved on.

I get the point of the lack of balance in the front three. This obviously doesn't fix that issue, but again, let's see what other business we do.

Im not sure he fits the system especially. The combination of him, Son and Johnson was the least effective front line we've had since Bent and Pav. It was 3 players wanting to play on the break, for a possession based side
I'm assuming signing Werner on loan for a season isn't the end of our transfer business for attacking players and that next season we'll have more options to put together a different looking front three even with Richarlison injured.

But we’re still gonna have to possibly sit through another season of less effective forwards than we have been used to for more than 10 years.
I'm assuming he's not brought in to be a clear first choice... I'm not sure our backup/rotation options over the last 10 years have been much better than Werner.

Again, will all depend on what the rest of our business is.

Seems like you are rewriting history, mate. Sure, senior players that were sent out on loan, but that was because they were not in Ange's plans, however Werner, obviously is.

Didn't we not name Lloris, Sanchez and Lyons-Foster in the squad last season because we were over our limit of overage players, even after all those who went on loan?

Didn't we not name Lloris, Sanchez and Lyons-Foster in the squad last season because we were over our limit of overage players, even after all those who went on loan?
We did not name 3 players in the squad who had no long term future umder Ange, and your point is?

Ange has said he is happy with our transfer plans for the summer. How about we actually wait to see who we bring in to the club before we start complaining about 'bed blocking'.

We did not name 3 players in the squad who had no long term future umder Ange, and your point is?

Ange has said he is happy with our transfer plans for the summer. How about we actually wait to see who we bring in to the club before we start complaining about 'bed blocking'.

But we've still got about 35 over 21s on the books and can only name 25, so have got to have a net reduction of 10, made worse by any incomings. Accumulating not really good enough squad players holds us back

Back