• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

In your view
But as I’ve said before
You can have amazing forwards but if the focal point isn’t good enough/can’t do the job then the system fails
It’s like having the fastest car but with a driver who is more careful then fast…

I just don’t see what good it does pretending they’re as good as Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project etc when in reality they’re not. Signings like Werner aren’t going to take us to the next level.

I just don’t see what good it does pretending they’re as good as Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project etc when in reality they’re not. Signings like Werner aren’t going to take us to the next level.
In your opinion
And again, you’re assuming that this is it
The point, IMO, of signing Werner is it gives us breathing space for a player like Moore to come through whilst giving us proven qualities for now. That’s great for the team and the squad
Fix the glaring issue in the middle and attack is instantly more effective

But there's still the 25 player cap. Depth is about your 13-22 being nearly as good as your 1-11. Its not about having 30+ players
I am sure the management at Spurs are aware there is a 25 player cap, Ange just wants Werner to be one of those 25 players.

Look the window has not even opened, this is a topic to address in 3 months time if we still have 30+ players.

Last edited:
I am sure the management at Spurs are aware there is a 25 player cap, Ange just wants Werner to be one of those 25 players.

Look the window has not even opened, this is a topic to address in 3 months time if we still have 30+ plus players.
How dare you be sensible

Look the window has not even opened, this is a topic to address in 3 months time if we still have 30+ plus players.

Even then we are allowed more than 10 loans abroad and domestic.

Ange obviously wants him.

I really don't see a lot of people here pretending that they are that good. Werner won't take us to the next level and that's fine, not every signing has to be that to the next level signing.

Square peg, square hole in the squad. Not a lot of money spent. Can keep him next season, can let him go with no issues if we want. Spend the real money on players that can take us to the next level.

I expect Bergvall will take Lo Celso's spot. That seems to have been what he was promised anyway.
Doubt he's been promised such a thing. He's young and untested at a PL level. And with Maddison seemingly needing his minutes managed a bit I think having more in terms of options there would be a good idea.

But we've still got about 35 over 21s on the books and can only name 25, so have got to have a net reduction of 10, made worse by any incomings. Accumulating not really good enough squad players holds us back
You do like to try to exaggerate a bit mate.

Our senior players are:
Vicario, Forster, Porro, Royale, Spence, Rodon, Romero, VDV, Dragusin, Davies, Udogie, Sessegnon, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison, Johnson, Kulusevski, Werner, Solomon, Gill, Lo Celso, Son, Richarlison, Regulion, Ndombele, Tanganga.

That is 29 players. Of those….

The club have confirmed that Sessegnon will not be having his contract extended - so that’s 28
Spence has an £8.5m option fee and has done well at Genoa, so very likely that gets exercised. If not he’ll have lots of other suitors at that price, leaving 27
Tanganga has done well at Milwall and will get a move there or, if not, to another Championship or lower Pl team = 26
Rodon had a very good season at Leeds and will have a lot of suitors at a minimum of around £10m = 25
Hojbjerg had a good season but wants a move to play more football, we’ll have no problem selling him = 24
Royale has interest from a number of clubs, there will be no problem selling him for a reasonable price = 23

So it is only really Ndombele, Lo Celso and Gill and (perhaps) Regulion that are likely to be a problem. Of those:

Regulion did well enough on loan at Man Utd and then Brentford to at least get a loan move next season = 22
Lo Celso’s injury record and high wage may make him difficult to sell but there is probably a Spanish club who will take him on loan as long as we’re not looking for much of a loan fee = 21

Ndombele and Gill unfortunately I think we might be properly stuck with….
For Gill, the best we can probably hope for is a loan to Spain where we pay a portion of his wages.
Ndombele I think we’ll either have to give him an VERY subsidised loan or do a deal to terminate his contract.
Either way I don’t see either of those two players getting a squad place next season.

I'm not surprised that Ange wants Werner, as it always appeared he was doing exactly what was asked of him, which can't be said for some of our other so-called 'starters'.
Yeah
That’s the issue though
Plenty of Fans still don’t here why Ange wants yet and certainly some players don’t either

Our senior players are:
Vicario, Forster, Porro, Royale, Spence, Rodon, Romero, VDV, Dragusin, Davies, Udogie, Sessegnon, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Maddison, Johnson, Kulusevski, Werner, Solomon, Gill, Lo Celso, Son, Richarlison, Regulion, Ndombele, Tanganga.

The club have confirmed that Sessegnon will not be having his contract extended - so that’s 28
Spence has an £8.5m option fee and has done well at Genoa, so very likely that gets exercised. If not he’ll have lots of other suitors at that price, leaving 27
Tanganga has done well at Milwall and will get a move there or, if not, to another Championship or lower Pl team = 26
Rodon had a very good season at Leeds and will have a lot of suitors at a minimum of around £10m = 25
Hojbjerg had a good season but wants a move to play more football, we’ll have no problem selling him = 24
Royale has interest from a number of clubs, there will be no problem selling him for a reasonable price = 23

So it is only really Ndombele, Lo Celso and Gill and (perhaps) Regulion that are likely to be a problem. Of those:

Regulion did well enough on loan at Man Utd and then Brentford to at least get a loan move next season = 22
Lo Celso’s injury record and high wage may make him difficult to sell but there is probably a Spanish club who will take him on loan as long as we’re not looking for much of a loan fee = 21

For Gill, the best we can probably hope for is a loan to Spain where we pay a portion of his wages.
Ndombele I think we’ll either have to give him an VERY subsidised loan or do a deal to terminate his contract.
Either way I don’t see either of those two players getting a squad place next season.

Royal is allegedly in italy talking to milan and juve. With byern also interested.

So could be 18.

Ffs levy we need to buy players as we'll be well short.

Lol.

Our senior players are:

Nail meet head

Our senior players are:

Good summary, cheers.

Most of those players you (imo rightly) suggest will leave aren't players that will leave depending on who we can or do bring in. Vast majority of them will be leaving no matter what.

We also have others that could be sold.

I really don't see a lot of people here pretending that they are that good. Werner won't take us to the next level and that's fine, not every signing has to be that to the next level signing.

Square peg, square hole in the squad. Not a lot of money spent. Can keep him next season, can let him go with no issues if we want. Spend the real money on players that can take us to the next level.
If you're happy with just challenging for the top4 positions then Werner is fine, but don't complain about not achieving more than that if he's the plan for the go to starter on the left.

He's fine as a option but I'll say it again and again, he is not of the standard that this eam needs if (and it's seems to be a big if clearly for many of fans) we seriously want to progress and challenge in the short term.

The funny thing is I'm actually fine building slowly but I just find the Jeckle and Hyde nature of this fan base frustrating because it feels like the same people who will happily accept Werner despite the obvious faults will be the same people arguing that Ange hasn't done well enough when next season is another battle for a top 4 position.

I don't want to see any complaints about not winning the league when we are signing the likes of Werner and have a front line of Richie and Johnson. :laughing:

Ps. All assuming we do not get another option on the left for Werner and better forward options than what we have now.

Yeah but they either have to be kids or world class
Nothing in between is acceptable

He's not my first choice but we don't know what the plans are for gil, soloman and veliz.

Ange, lange, paratici and munn should have planned out what they want from the transfer window. Have a rough idea the ins and outs. I'll wait till the end of the window to decide if it looks good or not. By the end of the season we'll have a better idea if it has worked or not.

He's not my first choice but we don't know what the plans are for gil, soloman and veliz.

Ange, lange, paratici and munn should have planned out what they want from the transfer window. Have a rough idea the ins and outs. I'll wait till the end of the window to decide if it looks good or not. By the end of the season we'll have a better idea if it has worked or not.
100%

Back