• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

You always get injuries. We do in particular because we have such a sub-standard medical team. That's no worse really than it has been at any other point this season. We've got a good size and versatile squad

Yes one always gets injuries. But in the second half of this season, ours have been MUCH worse than say at the beginning of the season. The amount of players available for TS to select from has been far fewer than AVB had the luxury of in the first part of the season.

While we have a large squad, I don't believe it is that versatile. For example, only one (poor) left back, only one genuine target man only one genuinely creative CM and no natural left sided players (except possibly Chadli). Yet a plethora of sammey CMs and right sided players. Totally unbalanced IMO.

Where I do agree with you is that we have a substandard medical team and I would include training, fitness and conditioning in that deficiency too.

The whole 'in the stands' then 'in the dugout' then 'in the stands' ******** is really getting on my nerves.
I'm afraid to say TS looks to me like a man who is loving the attention he is getting and this self-imposed exile which is then interrupted to get to the touchline to motivate the team all seems rather ill-placed. A mixture of inexperience and vanity i think.

Plus, our remaining fixtures:

Liverpool (A)
Sunderland (H)
West Brom (A)
Fulham (H)
Stoke (A)
West Ham (A)
Aston Villa (H)

I'd say that SHOULD be only one more defeat by season's end. The last 3 home games should be 3 wins and even if we say we only win 1 of the away games and draw the others that is 14 more points, which means we finish on 70 points, the same number of points (and defeats) as in our first 4th place finish under Redknapp and our joint 2nd best ever Premiership season in terms of results/points.

Those matches at this point in the season should be W6 L1 even if we had a half-trained chimp as manager.

Twitter / TalkingTHFC: Head-to-head: Andre Villas-Boas vs. Tim Sherwood. :-k

BjeaRO-IIAAh-2D.jpg:small

Yes one always gets injuries. But in the second half of this season, ours have been MUCH worse than say at the beginning of the season. The amount of players available for TS to select from has been far fewer than AVB had the luxury of in the first part of the season.

While we have a large squad, I don't believe it is that versatile. For example, only one (poor) left back, only one genuine target man only one genuinely creative CM and no natural left sided players (except possibly Chadli). Yet a plethora of sammey CMs and right sided players. Totally unbalanced IMO.

Where I do agree with you is that we have a substandard medical team and I would include training, fitness and conditioning in that deficiency too.

So in the two games that cost him his job, AVB didn't have to play a completely unready Kaboul, Capoue at CB and Naughton at LB? And we weren't without Sandro, Kaboul and Lennon for the whole start of the season? Or maybe AVB just didn't make a fuss about them.

Actually he very consciously never talked about injury or tiredness, because he believed it would have a negative impact on the players. Timmeh's MO though is to deflect blame away from himself at all costs.

Re the squad - maybe a LB down, a RM too many and Dembele could be replaced by a better ball player, but that's pretty minor really. Getting rid of Holtby was bizarre though, as we could have done with him in recent weeks.

Perfect description of him - might want to add cowardly for the way he let the blame fall off his slopy lady shoulders onto the team.

I'm not a Tim-basher generally but lets not kid ourselves that any of us or any of our £100m new players, all of whom want CL football, would have been delighted if we/they'd been told last summer that the club would spend most of the season under the management of a man with no experience of managing a premier league team, no experience of managing in europe or a domestic cup competition and no coaching qualifications. He is nothing more than a stop-gap - but my concern is that by finishing 5th to 7th few of the 'big names' Levy will thinks he can bring in will actually be keen to come along. Lets face it, whoever comes in will have a real battle to get us into the top 4 next season and he knows that if he doesn't do it, he'll be sacked within 18 months.

So in the two games that cost him his job, AVB didn't have to play a completely unready Kaboul, Capoue at CB and Naughton at LB? And we weren't without Sandro, Kaboul and Lennon for the whole start of the season? Or maybe AVB just didn't make a fuss about them.

Actually he very consciously never talked about injury or tiredness, because he believed it would have a negative impact on the players. Timmeh's MO though is to deflect blame away from himself at all costs.

Re the squad - maybe a LB down, a RM too many and Dembele could be replaced by a better ball player, but that's pretty minor really. Getting rid of Holtby was bizarre though, as we could have done with him in recent weeks.

What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't just two games that cost AVB his job. The squad HE assembled and his team selections were often madness. Verts or Nughton at LB, no Lamela, not utilising Ade, playing inverted wingers to leave Solly isolated and bereft etc etc.

Lennon ( Townsend/Lamela) Kaboul ( Dawson, Caulker/Chiriches) Sandro (Capoue) all had direct replacements readily available to AVB. Three players is a tolerable miss. At present, we have six out.

That's not a lot of difference at all in fact a slight edge for TS, yet AVB was the saviour and should've been given time and TS the devil in disguise and should be shown the door.
I doubt anyone thinks Villas Boas was any sort of saviour, but he was in the job and presumably trying to build something (the football was deeply dull, I wasn't a massive fan or anything). We've gotten rid of him because we've deemed that not good enough and got in a guy doing pretty much the same? I don't mind canning someone provided there's something better to follow it, but we haven't done that.

I just hope in the summer we get the best we possibly can get, and I don't think that's Tim.

Slow starts and poor showings after EL games have been symptomatic of our play ALL season. It did not just start happening under TS.

Another of your black and white, totally unfair and historically inaccurate revisionisms.

No as usual you pick and choose the points you want to see and neglect the majority of what I write;

I'll write it as simply for you as possible:

When playing under AVB we often started slowly yes, slow in terms of tempo but also (part from the City and Liverpool thrashings) mostly with control of the possession and trying to probe for openings. Perhaps people say that was boring/turgid etc but we at least had a method. We DIDN'T start most games with the opposition wilfully running through our cm and defence. We DIDN'T mostly finish halves with the opposition having created a lot of clear-cut chances.
You are honestly trying to tell me that the way we are starting most games now whereby the opposition are having the lions share of possession and creating good clear cut chances and making Lloris keep us in the game was the same for most games under AVB this season??

Happy for you to list the PL games we've played and show how this is the case; if you can't then it is YOU being historically inaccurate.

A quote from Tim-mouthy in the Grauniad. OK, it is not revolutionary man management for any of us who have been on a basic office training course, but it will have put some heart into Kyle Naughton.

He said his side's character was central to their fightback against Southampton and singled out Kyle Naughton for particular praise. The full-back was at fault for both of the visitors' goals but recovered to tee up Christian Eriksen for Tottenham's opener and show renewed solidity for the rest of the game. "I want to give credit to Kyle Naughton," said Sherwood. "Anyone can make mistakes, and it was obvious he made two mistakes there, but what everyone can't do is stand tall and put themselves on offer in the second half.

"Too often, not only at Tottenham, but all around the country, players go hiding. They want to go off. He didn't want to come off, he wanted to go out and put that right. And he did that in the second half. I give him massive credit for that. He'll only grow for that. That's the character I'm looking for, that's what I want to see. I want people who want to roll their sleeves up and have a go. And he typified what I want from my players."

Those matches at this point in the season should be W6 L1 even if we had a half-trained chimp as manager.

Presuming you mean Liverpool away as the one loss, I'd say that Stoke away is always a tricky fixture and they're playing very well at present.... W4 D2 L1 is acceptable IMO

A quote from Tim-mouthy in the Grauniad. OK, it is not revolutionary man management for any of us who have been on a basic office training course, but it will have put some heart into Kyle Naughton.

He said his side's character was central to their fightback against Southampton and singled out Kyle Naughton for particular praise. The full-back was at fault for both of the visitors' goals but recovered to tee up Christian Eriksen for Tottenham's opener and show renewed solidity for the rest of the game. "I want to give credit to Kyle Naughton," said Sherwood. "Anyone can make mistakes, and it was obvious he made two mistakes there, but what everyone can't do is stand tall and put themselves on offer in the second half.

How dare he, it's clearly TS's fault when we concede. :-"

"Too often, not only at Tottenham, but all around the country, players go hiding. They want to go off. He didn't want to come off, he wanted to go out and put that right. And he did that in the second half. I give him massive credit for that. He'll only grow for that. That's the character I'm looking for, that's what I want to see. I want people who want to roll their sleeves up and have a go. And he typified what I want from my players."

Unlike the Southampton substitution at half time :)

No as usual you pick and choose the points you want to see and neglect the majority of what I write;

I'll write it as simply for you as possible:

When playing under AVB we often started slowly yes, slow in terms of tempo but also (part from the City and Liverpool thrashings) mostly with control of the possession and trying to probe for openings. Perhaps people say that was boring/turgid etc but we at least had a method. We DIDN'T start most games with the opposition wilfully running through our cm and defence. We DIDN'T mostly finish halves with the opposition having created a lot of clear-cut chances.
You are honestly trying to tell me that the way we are starting most games now whereby the opposition are having the lions share of possession and creating good clear cut chances and making Lloris keep us in the game was the same for most games under AVB this season??

Happy for you to list the PL games we've played and show how this is the case; if you can't then it is YOU being historically inaccurate.

Thank you. So don't blame TS for something that has been part of the team make up all season.

You claim it was control under AVB, I say it was possession for possessios sake and completely lacking in any form of attacking ideas under AVB. We will never agree on that, but for you to imply that this now only happening under or because of TS is plainly, self evidently wrong. Even the poorer teams were creating many chances against us under AVB - or have you conveniently forgotten that as well?.

So in like for like games this season we have been:

AVB 5-3-3 - 18pts
TS 6-1-4 - 19pts

That's not a lot of difference at all in fact a slight edge for TS, yet AVB was the saviour and should've been given time and TS the devil in disguise and should be shown the door.

Well, actually, that set of results got AVB fired, so the question to the TS apologists, is 1 point more than the guy who got fired (with the board taking in all the implications of bigger payoff, season impact, etc) good enough?

Thank you. So don't blame TS for something that has been part of the team make up all season.

You claim it was control under AVB, I say it was possession for possessios sake and completely lacking in any form of attacking ideas under AVB. We will never agree on that, but for you to imply that this now only happening under or because of TS is plainly, self evidently wrong. Even the poorer teams were creating many chances against us under AVB - or have you conveniently forgotten that as well?.

Yes, as I and a few others have previously mentioned, even during our fantastic clean sheet period, we still looked shakey at the back when we came up against anyone that could stretch us.

Back