• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Well 15 games now into Tim Sherwood's stint as manager and he still has the best Premier League record of any Spurs manager during the Premier League Era.

Time for some of the doubters to give some credit where it's due, perhaps?

Link please! :)

I agree with this, it's becoming a bit of a joke.

There's obviously an influence from injuries to take into account - we're playing staff we wouldn't always play.

But there's more to it than that - it's not as if we're playing Titus Bramble. I don't know if it's the playing style, drilling, motivation or what, but 2 or 3 major errors per match is a massive problem.

This is the most bad faith I've ever seen on this board in assessing a player or coaching performance.

It is abundantly clear that Sherwood deserves at least some credit for today, and yet many of you can't even manage that. It really is cultish - faith irrespective of reasoned assessment of the evidence.

Any coincidence that our performances have picked up a tad since Chris Ramsey has taken over on the sidelines? Perhaps he's a person/coach the players have more respect for?

Any coincidence that our performances have picked up a tad since Chris Ramsey has taken over on the sidelines? Perhaps he's a person/coach the players have more respect for?

:lol:

Come on GB, give us something.

How about a fairly uncontentious one: "The Dembele/Siggy sub worked well and was made at the right time."

Will you give poor clueless Timbo at least that much?

:lol:

Come on GB, give us something.

How about a fairly uncontentious one: "The Dembele/Siggy sub worked well and was made at the right time."

Will you give poor clueless Timbo at least that much?

Chris Ramsey told him to do it.

Amazing isn't it. Claiming we're relying on individual brilliance after last season? :ross:

No, he simply devised a strategy to get the best out of Bale but render everyone else useless. **** knows what would have happened if Bale had sustained a serious injury. Perhaps Bale's clone Kenny McEvoy would have been the man to step up.

That ignores that Timmeh was equally involved in us going two goals down. At home. To Southampton.

That's the kind of match we should be taking at a stroll, not good enough.

Shouldn't games like West Ham, Hull and Swansea have been strolls as well then?

Shouldn't games like West Ham, Hull and Swansea have been strolls as well then?

I dont get it with the other posters. Theyre acting like we were ****ing swashbuckling entertainers who steam rolled even the so called smaller sides. That wasnt the case.

Come on Scara.

"YTS threw tea cups really well at half time to get an improved 2nd half".

You can damn him with that bit of faint praise at least, can't you? "A masterclass in throwing stuff" surely isn't too much to begrudge the poor dope today, is it?

Come on Scara.

You can damn him with that bit of faint praise at least, can't you? "A masterclass in throwing stuff" surely isn't too much to begrudge the poor dope today, is it?

He did well to motivate them coming out for the second half, but he failed to do so for the first half and it only lasted about 10 minutes. It turned out to be just enough.

Let's see how we get on against Liverpool. If Tim Sherwood can get a result there, and negate their strike partnership, then who knows what he might achieve.
Strangely enough, we might just upset the media love in over Liverpool.....

Come on Scara.

Don't go there. The man is not for turning.

+ives
We turned it around today through determination and a never say die attitude. Chasing down all lost causes and getting/ making some breaks. I attribute that to Sherwood. Credit where its due.

-ives
We will not win a thing without a solid defensive foundation. Sherwood sets the team up and we've conceded goals too easily. benfica, chelsea, scum - all tough opponents granted and available personnel have not been great - but we are too exposed at the back time and again. Sometimes we get away with it, others we don't.

Southampton have a good shape and are comfortable passing the ball. There are always passes on, because of their shape. In comparison they showed up how lacking we are in those departments. Yes its hard to change things mid season, but from a new long term manager you'd expect us show some signs of having better shape and be able to pass the ball around. Sherwood has one area where he is mighty impressive. He is a natural problem solver. He comes into his own when there is trouble. Today I credit him with turning it around. But we need to be setup better. Whether he can do that, or if it is a case of having better players at his disposal, I don't know. I think we'll see a new manager next season. Hopefully Sherwood will stick around as he clearly has ability.

Let's see how we get on against Liverpool. If Tim Sherwood can get a result there, and negate their strike partnership, then who knows what he might achieve.
Strangely enough, we might just upset the media love in over Liverpool.....

Odds will be very generous, considering we have the best away record in the PL.

This is the most bad faith I've ever seen on this board in assessing a player or coaching performance.

It is abundantly clear that Sherwood deserves at least some credit for today, and yet many of you can't even manage that. It really is cultish - faith irrespective of reasoned assessment of the evidence.

Agreed. Ridiculous isn't it.

It reminded me of one of those Stephane Dalmat inspired wins during Pleat's interim reign a decade ago.

Or perhaps at least 10 games under our Portuguese friend last season. You know the tactical grand master now plying his trade in Russia. Tim is far from perfect but he certainly has us playing as more of a team than last season with contributions from more players. He does have to sort out our slow starts though. Start like this against the ****sters next week and we are in for a hiding. But it is nice to see the players reacting to Tim in a positive way.

Back