• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

All interesting points, but this isn't really showing that the 'narrative' is 'fiction and ridiculous' is it?
You are now putting your own bias into it by saying I 'dislike the ****ney lot', which I actually don't. Just the bias towards Harry and his chums.

Never mind

..and you are right. Fiction and ridiculous (is probably too strong) but is just my reading of it. Essentially, if you can take a person's bias into account, then you might get closer to what is true, what really happened.

..and you are right. Fiction and ridiculous (is probably too strong) but is just my reading of it. Essentially, if you can take a person's bias into account, then you might get closer to what is true, what really happened.

Fair enough

Really?? Have you seen what's happened to QPR? :lol:

Where are they now? I've not watch their games. Do they look like getting promoted?

Its the age old question, how do you judge a manager? Is it the players, or the manager, how do you isolate the variables to choose one over another? I don't know if HR has given up can't be arrsed (he maybe has that in his character) or what is going on with QPR (eg crap players). I do know that he has generally overachieved in his career given time and I think he probably will at QPR given time. There are some managers who have the right mix of skills imo. I could go on...what AVB had/ did not have...what Sherwood may have etc..

Sherwood will get sacked in the summer and IMO will go on to be a decent manager not SAF but relatively successful.

Where are they now? I've not watch their games. Do they look like getting promoted?

Its the age old question, how do you judge a manager? Is it the players, or the manager, how do you isolate the variables to choose one over another? I don't know if HR has given up can't be arrsed (he maybe has that in his character) or what is going on with QPR (eg crap players). I do know that he has generally overachieved in his career given time and I think he probably will at QPR given time. There are some managers who have the right mix of skills imo. I could go on...what AVB had/ did not have...what Sherwood may have etc..

Oh my days...I haven't got the time right now to answer this, but there is potentially SOOOO MUCH to say about how Harry and QPR:lol:

I'll let others answer this, but i'll check back this evening SpurMeUp and if no-one has answered you on this i'll get back to you. Ciao

Two goals in the 90th minuted yesterday got them a win they desperately needed to stay in contention for a playoff spot, but they are in end of season meltdown mode. Automatic promotion is long gone. 46 goals in 37 games, not very good. Redknapp has no idea what kind of team he wants to build and just signs anyone going in the hope that a few of them work out. 11 new players signed and 8 in on loan this season. It's the classic revolving door that gets you nowhere.

Two goals in the 90th minuted yesterday got them a win they desperately needed to stay in contention for a playoff spot, but they are in end of season meltdown mode. Automatic promotion is long gone. 46 goals in 37 games, not very good. Redknapp has no idea what kind of team he wants to build and just signs anyone going in the hope that a few of them work out. 11 new players signed and 8 in on loan this season. It's the classic revolving door that gets you nowhere.

End of season melt down like with us then. Maybe the run about a bit works for most of the season, but players tire by the end. We've suffered with too many new players this season.

We need a good manager. Maybe because footballers have to sacrifice education at a younger age, there are a lack of truly great managers. I think Sherwood has intelligence, and an ability to learn quickly, but probably not quickly enough.

Don't know what will happen this summer, but in Levy I trust. His money is important to him, he will make a good decision.

Definitely signs anyone going. Not those who employ his mates a an agents, and certainly not those he gets kickbacks on.

Like some people were caught with the ideal of AVB (vs. actual product), some people are caught up in this "romance" of TS being this unknown/inexperienced coach who defies the odds and takes Spurs somewhere.

It's not about Romance v. Reality.

It's about Status Quo v. Change.

So let me ask this: Who is the Status Quo candidate and who is the Change candidate between LvG and Sherwood?

Basically I'm saying let's go for the Parfitt and Rossi dream team.

[video=youtube;IKe2OfXLxuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe2OfXLxuc[/video]

I think to be fair to Harry they are dealing with the fact that they are by far and away the biggest scalps in that division this year. Every single team will go there to completely frustrate and on their narrow pitch it will be tough to score.

Although there maybe is something to be said for a system that allows you to control games and not tire towards the end of seasons, although maybe that isn't what is happening here. They were getting poor results towards the middle of the season so perhaps it's just a poor run of form.

There was a point made about leaking on the previous page - I have to say, the problem with what Sherwood did is that it destabalized the club. I'm sure every manager and a boat load of players and agents leak things to their trusted avenues. But let's say AVB is leaking something or other to Duncan Castles, he's not destabalizing the club. He's trying to get an advantage to the club. Sherwood leaking something affects the trust and backing the players have for the manager by increasing the speculation around him. It wasn't helpful and it almost certainly happened. The idea that AVB could have copped so much stick for saying 'We have to be ashamed' compared to Sherwood getting off scot-free for his post Chelsea rant (which I very much enjoyed and agreed with) makes it clear to be he has friends in the press.

I think to be fair to Harry they are dealing with the fact that they are by far and away the biggest scalps in that division this year. Every single team will go there to completely frustrate and on their narrow pitch it will be tough to score.

Although there maybe is something to be said for a system that allows you to control games and not tire towards the end of seasons, although maybe that isn't what is happening here. They were getting poor results towards the middle of the season so perhaps it's just a poor run of form.

One final input on this matter for now, we should probably take this to the Championship thread:

According to an article today the players are unhappy with the quality of training since McClaren left and there is unrest in the changing room.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-faced-3273504

One final input on this matter for now, we should probably take this to the Championship thread:

According to an article today the players are unhappy with the quality of training since McClaren left and there is unrest in the changing room.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-faced-3273504

Wow, I actually feel quite sorry for him. It really has gone all down hill for him since he left us. And he could have had it all. Adored by the fans, secure in his position at the club after our most consistent PL finishes ever, probably another CL campaign at least. But he got greedy.

Tim doesn't know how to organize a team does he.
We have gone backwards as a whole, players have lost all tactical discipline.
Tim has to resort to ranting on the touch lines.
Can't wait for this season to end.

Tim doesn't know how to organize a team does he.
We have gone backwards as a whole, players have lost all tactical discipline.
Tim has to resort to ranting on the touch lines.
Can't wait for this season to end.

Just look at that clown Dean Saunders. He's an abject manager, but still manages to sound like he knows what he's talking about in the studio.

So come on lads, fair's fair. Sherwood had a hell of a lot to do with that win today:

- Chadli and Eriksen drilled to play all over the place, which was really effective in a generally balanced looking set-up
- Dembele sub for Siggy ultimately wins the game
- Correct sub to bring off Lennon
- No third sub used just for the sake of it
- Half time team talk brought an improved tempo/attitude
- A defence carrying 2 poorly performing FB's otherwise drilled well. SCBC zero shots on target second half

So come on lads, fair's fair. Sherwood had a hell of a lot to do with that win today:

- Chadli and Eriksen drilled to play all over the place, which was really effective in a generally balanced looking set-up
- Dembele sub for Siggy ultimately wins the game
- Correct sub to bring off Lennon
- No third sub used just for the sake of it
- Half time team talk brought an improved tempo/attitude
- A defence carrying 2 poorly performing FB's otherwise drilled well. SCBC zero shots on target second half

That ignores that Timmeh was equally involved in us going two goals down. At home. To Southampton.

That's the kind of match we should be taking at a stroll, not good enough.

Back