• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

So come on lads, fair's fair. Sherwood had a hell of a lot to do with that win today:

- Chadli and Eriksen drilled to play all over the place, which was really effective in a generally balanced looking set-up
- Dembele sub for Siggy ultimately wins the game
- Correct sub to bring off Lennon
- No third sub used just for the sake of it
- Half time team talk brought an improved tempo/attitude
- A defence carrying 2 poorly performing FB's otherwise drilled well. SCBC zero shots on target second half

Good points all!

Yep we criticise him when we lose should we give him credit when we win?

I want LVG in the summer he has the experience and the c.v. to say he would do a better job.

But lets be fair we were playing a good team today a few days after playing away in Europe. So I would like to see some of the board members who are critical of Sherwood give him some credit. He is not the man to take us forward but he is doing his best and got us a good win today.

That ignores that Timmeh was equally involved in us going two goals down. At home. To Southampton.

That's the kind of match we should be taking at a stroll, not good enough.

Took a last minute goal from a Galactico to achieve the same result last season iirc.

That ignores that Timmeh was equally involved in us going two goals down. At home. To Southampton.

Southampton are a good side who did not play away in Europe a few days earlier.

Took a last minute goal from a Galactico to achieve the same result last season iirc.

If that was under similar circumstances (would need my memory jogging) then that wasn't good enough either. Other bad performances don't make this a good performance.

If we're Norwich or Palace then scraping a home win against SC(not so)BC is an achievement. We should be walking this kind of match.

We start like this in almost every game, regardless of how much rest we've had. When are we going to sort it out? In many ways this game was a carbon copy of the one at St. Mary's.

AVB knew better and had us playing to cover our weaknesses in an unbalanced squad.
Sherwood has exposed us and made every game into a crapshoot, relying on individual brilliance to win games

AVB knew better and had us playing to cover our weaknesses in an unbalanced squad.
Sherwood has exposed us and made every game into a crapshoot, relying on individual brilliance to win games

I'm not good with words so I'm hugely impressed with whoever it was that described our matches under Timmeh as two drunks slugging it out in a car park - sums it up perfectly.

I disagree. Like much of the Premiership they are a mediocre team that Sky like to big up in order to try and convince us how even the PL is.

That is true. There's a reason why despite being atrocious this season we are in 5th place. Outside Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project there is a lot of mediocity in this premier league.

Even if you had a point, you obliterated it with that last line. Unless you were in a coma all of last season then I apologise.

I am certainly not one of Sherwood's fans and like you think he is very limited but...

how can he possibly be blamed for two schoolboy errors from the only fit RB left at the club who he had no choice but to play?

Sounds uncannily similar to last season no?

You're living in cloud cookoo land if you think Southampton is a stroll for any team, can you tell me all the teams that have spanked Southampton? Thought not, anything to try and belittle Sherwood....

Well 15 games now into Tim Sherwood's stint as manager and he still has the best Premier League record of any Spurs manager during the Premier League Era.

Time for some of the doubters to give some credit where it's due, perhaps?

I am certainly not one of Sherwood's fans and like you think he is very limited but...

how can he possibly be blamed for two schoolboy errors from the only fit RB left at the club who he had no choice but to play?

Firstly, individual errors are becoming incredibly common under Timmeh - that would need closer examination though.

Secondly, if there's a weak point in your team you adjust your tactics (assuming you have any) to negate that weakness as much as possible.

Firstly, individual errors are becoming incredibly common under Timmeh - that would need closer examination though.

Secondly, if there's a weak point in your team you adjust your tactics (assuming you have any) to negate that weakness as much as possible.

I agree with this, it's becoming a bit of a joke.

It reminded me of one of those Stephane Dalmat inspired wins during Pleat's interim reign a decade ago.

This is the most bad faith I've ever seen on this board in assessing a player or coaching performance.

It is abundantly clear that Sherwood deserves at least some credit for today, and yet many of you can't even manage that. It really is cultish - faith irrespective of reasoned assessment of the evidence.

Back