• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

6-0 now after 70 minutes. The Ars.enal are falling to pieces, no pride, no belief, no structure, just awful. Wenger out

I normally try - and succeed - in avoiding finding out results ahead of Match of the Day, so I should be annoyed at coming across this information, but for some reason I am not. :)

Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Im baffled by some of the posts here. Am I in a parallel universe where Sherwood actually has a chance of managing us next season. Its simply wont happen in a million years.

Last edited:

Im baffled by some of the posts here. Am I in a parallel universe where AVB actually has a chance of managing us next season. Its simply wont happen in a million years.
Pretty certain that's a given ;)

If Angry Tim is still coach next year I'll swap with you in the parallel universe.

Well I am watching the second greatest Premier League manager ever, with a team full of winners, getting pumped 4-0 at half time at Stamford Bridge.

Where is the technique, why are they just giving the ball away, where is the passion, where is the organisation?

They got pumped 4-0 at half time by Liverpool too.

You guys need to realise that sometimes you can't just blame the manager.

Sherwood does not come across well in interviews, he needs a lot of media training to say the least.

But a lot of our losses are down to huge player errors.

Remember Vertonghen fell over to gift Cheat$ki the win against us?

Remember Vertonghen and Lloris against City when Navas scored after 1 minute?

Remember against **** when we were wide open and Rosicky scored after 1 minute?

All of those are clearly Sherwood's fault, right?

I'm not his biggest fan, but try supporting him for a few games, see what happens.

I agree with your post and some of us were saying similar after our home thrashing against Liverpool, but back then, the blame were all down to the manager. For me , the previous Spurs manager were to blame for the team not scoring enough goals but he wasn't at fault for the thrashings by Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool.

Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Chelsea, all have outstanding forward lines that can inflict serious hurt on the opposition.
Arresanal, Man United , Everton and Spurs, the teams immediately below the top three, have all suffered heavily against them.

Sherwood, like AVB cannot be blamed for the thrashings, to both Emirates Marketing Project and Chavs. I'd say if Alex Ferguson were in charge of Spurs in those two games we'd still probably not have avoided the drubbings . When the opposition is of such top quality going forward, if the players are not 100% on it from the start , have major decisions go against, do not get the rub of the green , go a man down, etc etc. Then IMO, there's a possibility you're going to get a thumping.

Last edited:

Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood admits anger management tops growing to-do list at White Hart Lane

Tottenham's fiery Tim Sherwood considers self-imposed touchline ban for Southampton visit on Sunday in bid to emulate calm chairman Daniel Levy

Tim Sherwood is considering a self-imposed touchline ban after admitting he has added anger management to his growing list of tasks at Tottenham Hotspur.

Sherwood is struggling to keep his emotions in check after his promotion at White Hart Lane and is ready to sit in the stand for the visit of Southampton on Sunday in a bid to cool his temper.

The Tottenham head coach heavily criticised his players after the 4-0 capitulation at Chelsea two weeks ago and was then involved in an ugly confrontation with Benfica manager Jorge Jesus.

Sherwood also dramatically tore off his gilet and threw it down the tunnel in the home defeat against Arsenal before throwing the ball twice at Bacary Sagna as the defender prepared to take a throw-in.

But Sherwood, who has gone four games without a win, sat behind notoriously impassive chairman Daniel Levy in the Europa League second leg against Benfica on Thursday night and has conceded he may do it again this weekend.

“I’m my own man and I’m not going to be anyone different and that’s absolutely right,” he said. “If I can try and be a bit calmer and not manage on emotion too much, I think it would help.

“My kids have never seen me angry. They know I’m embarrassing. But because I was allowed to sit up there and take a few notes against Benfica you see a different game up there. I’d never give a ball away by sitting up there.

“Will I sit in the stands against Southampton? Possibly, I might try that, just to calm me down and it just maybe gives the boys a chance not to get a headache.

“The chairman is very calm and I think it bred to me. I’m sure he’s kicking every ball and he really does care but I’m not sure I could be as calm as that. I’m not an actor.”

Tottenham could be even further behind the Premier League top four by the time they kick off on Sunday afternoon and securing qualification for the Europa League seems their best chance of finishing the season on a high.

But Sherwood is set to be boosted by the returns of Emmanuel Adebayor, Younes Kaboul and Mousa Dembele from injury while Jan Vertonghen will return from suspension.

Sandro, the Brazilian midfielder, insists Spurs can still catch Arsenal and secure fourth spot after their heroic exit from Europe against Benfica.

“We are going to go for that as everything can change, you know. We are going to go for it,” he said. “Against Benfica we showed that we are a good team without a lot of players. We were so good in the second half and now we are going to take the positive from this forward.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10715102/Tottenham-Hotspur-manager-Tim-Sherwood-admits-anger-management-tops-growing-to-do-list-at-White-Hart-Lane.html

Less ******** spouted in the media might be a start. Not sure if he's trying to achieve something and failing or if he just fails to engage his brain.

May be it's just me but I don't see anything wrong with that. At least Sherwood is having a go at the right people ; i.e those who can make a difference to the performances rather than the fans, or the media or the medical team. Seems to have had a positive reaction in the last 2 games too.

Great post. That's exactly how I see it.

Sort of agree but in Tim's case he had players wrongly sent out off at critical moments of the game can't remember that happening in AVB's hammering a. Any way I think you cannot just take the responsibility from the managers they set up a team to play and take the glory when it goes well so must take the **** when it goes badly. Frankly neither Tim nor AVB have been good enough this season but at least In Tim we never thought we had a coaching genius.

Sort of agree but in Tim's case he had players wrongly sent out off at critical moments of the game can't remember that happening in AVB's hammering a. Any way I think you cannot just take the responsibility from the managers they set up a team to play and take the glory when it goes well so must take the **** when it goes badly. Frankly neither Tim nor AVB have been good enough this season but at least In Tim we never thought we had a coaching genius.

So if a new manager comes in next season, be it LVG or anyone else for that matter . Serious questions will have to be asked about their capabilities if any of the top three thrash our Spurs?

too late; he should have done his badges before his first coaching job. mould is cast.

So if a new manager comes in next season, be it LVG or anyone else for that matter . Serious questions will have to be asked about their capabilities if any of the top three thrash our Spurs?

I don,t think thrashings are acceptable whoever's the manager. I am sure Wenger will be angry with himself. Wham managed to keep Chelsea out. Wigan managed to beat City and Hull beat Liverpool. So it's not a given that playing these teams will result in a hiding unless either you are shafted by the officials as we were against City at the lane, or the manager sets the team up wrongly.

We have 8 games left now.

What do people think needs to happen in those games in terms of results, gameplay etc for TS to keep his job into next season?

Gas explosion wiping out the entire audience at the FIFA World Coach of the Year awards dinner.

I don,t think thrashings are acceptable whoever's the manager. I am sure Wenger will be angry with himself. Wham managed to keep Chelsea out. Wigan managed to beat City and Hull beat Liverpool. So it's not a given that playing these teams will result in a hiding unless either you are shafted by the officials as we were against City at the lane, or the manager sets the team up wrongly.

It's not a given you will lose heavily ( even when your goal is peppered with 30 plus shots ) and I agree , it's not acceptable when it happens. But bearing in mind what you're up against , even if you've done everything correct and you can send out your first choice eleven , a thrashing is still a real possibility. These three teams are that good going forward. If people cannot get their heads around this fact , then I guess they can always lay the blame the manager's door or question the effort of their players and the wrong decisions that go against . However, the gulf in quality has to also be recognised and IMO, all to often it's not.

KD,

We've tried to explain this to you countless times but i'll give it one last shot.

Discussing past managers has never been against site rules. Being being argumentative and hostile towards other posters is.

Please PM one of us if you want to complain about how this place is run. Having a whinge in thread just takes things further off topic.

Thank

Perhaps you could PM me too because to me the rules do seem a bit inconsistent at times but that's not for the public domain.

Anyway, back to Sherwood, I'd like to see us keep him around in some capacity but I don't think Levy will do that and Sherwood keeps saying he wants to manage so I don't think it will happen. I really do appreciate his honesty but I'm not sold on his managerial qualities just yet. But then again, is going after yet another big name foreign coach really the answer? Don't mean to sound defeatist but I'm at a stage now where I've practically given up being optimistic about Spurs, we could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez and I still believe we would find a way to Spurs it up.

Perhaps you could PM me too because to me the rules do seem a bit inconsistent at times but that's not for the public domain.

Anyway, back to Sherwood, I'd like to see us keep him around in some capacity but I don't think Levy will do that and Sherwood keeps saying he wants to manage so I don't think it will happen. I really do appreciate his honesty but I'm not sold on his managerial qualities just yet. But then again, is going after yet another big name foreign coach really the answer? Don't mean to sound defeatist but I'm at a stage now where I've practically given up being optimistic about Spurs, we could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez and I still believe we would find a way to Spurs it up.

Agreed. He's unfortunately allowed his inexperience to wear itself royally...I think if Levy does go for someone else (and I believe he might well do now) it comes down to whether he is prepared to give full-support. Otherwise we will be probably here again...this summer is so massive...it is the last summer where we can get strong again and force our way back into the top 4 at the expense of the goons i'm hoping, although if they spend big on the right players this summer, then life will be tough...

it is funny how AVB got stick from the press even though he used the word "us" when talking about a bad defeat why Sherwood gets away with blaming our defeat against Chelsea on the players and clearly making a big distinction between the players and himself.

I will be renewing my season ticket in May but if Tim is our manager next season I think I may give it up.

it is funny how AVB got stick from the press even though he used the word "us" when talking about a bad defeat why Sherwood gets away with blaming our defeat against Chelsea on the players and clearly making a big distinction between the players and himself.

I will be renewing my season ticket in May but if Tim is our manager next season I think I may give it up.

This is a fair point.

Imo, I think it's because TS is close mates with many if the same sections of the press that were Harry's mates. I also believe TS is the club 'mole' that was leaking all the internal rumblings to the Guardian's David Hytner and so naturally the Harry-biased press will want to keep main source happy; hence the press A) didn't pick up on the fact that TS actually blamed the players (like they claimed with AVB) and B) the Harry-biased press actually praised him for it (unlike what they did when they claimed AVB did it).
It's this direct line to internal Spurs rumblings that makes me hope TS gets removed totally from the club in the summer.

Before anybody gives off and says "what Harry-biased media" then ask yourself what stick Harry got for being part of the biggest flop I have known as a Spurs fan: throwing away a 13 point lead in third AND finishing below Arsenal? If that had been many other managers he would have been given the turnip head treatment.

Oh and if anyone wonders what I mean by the Hytner and Sherwood links, check this blatant act of butt-licking after the Benfica 1st leg mess, prior to last week's NLD: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/14/tim-sherwood-plain-talking-tottenham

This is a fair point.

Imo, I think it's because TS is close mates with many if the same sections of the press that were Harry's mates. I also believe TS is the club 'mole' that was leaking all the internal rumblings to the Guardian's David Hytner and so naturally the Harry-biased press will want to keep main source happy; hence the press A) didn't pick up on the fact that TS actually blamed the players (like they claimed with AVB) and B) the Harry-biased press actually praised him for it (unlike what they did when they claimed AVB did it).
It's this direct line to internal Spurs rumblings that makes me hope TS gets removed totally from the club in the summer.

Before anybody gives off and says "what Harry-biased media" then ask yourself what stick Harry got for being part of the biggest flop I have known as a Spurs fan: throwing away a 13 point lead in third AND finishing below Arsenal? If that had been many other managers he would have been given the turnip head treatment.

Oh and if anyone wonders what I mean by the Hytner and Sherwood links, check this blatant act of butt-licking after the Benfica 1st leg mess, prior to last week's NLD: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/14/tim-sherwood-plain-talking-tottenham

i'll go further to say that it was TS that moved for AVB's job - playing up the disgruntled players e.g. Ade ... in a recent interview AVB mentioned that he was under a gag-order ... hope to read about this in a book someday

Im baffled by some of the posts here. Am I in a parallel universe where Sherwood actually has a chance of managing us next season. Its simply wont happen in a million years.

Like some people were caught with the ideal of AVB (vs. actual product), some people are caught up in this "romance" of TS being this unknown/inexperienced coach who defies the odds and takes Spurs somewhere.

Problem is, it isn't Hollywood, and if it was, for Spurs it would be a black comedy ...

The guy was a poor choice, following a poor choice and has no chance of being here next season, especially on the back of the last 8-10 games.

i'll go further to say that it was TS that moved for AVB's job - playing up the disgruntled players e.g. Ade ... in a recent interview AVB mentioned that he was under a gag-order ... hope to read about this in a book someday

You won't, Levy seems to control what ex managers say significantly via payoff contracts.

Even Ramos took years to say a little bit of nothing ...

Back