• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

AVB did a very good job on his own in falling out with people....players, fellow coaches, the medical team, the press etc The guy didnt need any middle man to help him

He can fall out with people in five different languages.

I don't care we won. We were incredibly lucky YET AGAIN!!! If people want to be as simple as we won so great then fine, but I don't get how anyone can be happy with how we look under Tim!

felt the same way with stale bread AVB...we never once looked like scoring under the dude, the games were pointless to watch and we were lucky several times to win games under him

i understand how you feel completely

I don't care we won. We were incredibly lucky YET AGAIN!!! If people want to be as simple as we won so great then fine, but I don't get how anyone can be happy with how we look under Tim!

We looked a lot worse under avb though, going games without even having a shot and looking scared to even go near the opposition goal, we do not look like a great time i agree and im not sure sherwood is the answer but at least the is some attacking intent and under avb in that last month we were awful and the team was only getting worse.

And I'm sure Timmeh would have been more than happy to pass that to Levy behind AVB's back.

Well that would have been Sherwoods job if he was a link between the team and the board to pass on the feelings in the dressing room. I imagine most clubs would have someone to sound out how the squad is feeling and passing that onto the board/owner.

We maybe didn't look like scoring any more, but not any less. But we used to control games and dictate play, you could say how we were set up. I think if AVB played Ade we would have done much better!

Roll on the summer to start all over again; and in the mean time hope our excellent squad can drag is up to 4th. Highly unlikely.

I can understand wanting to play to our strengths regardless of the opposition, but I think it's telling that when defending we're being pulled all over the shop leaving gaps everywhere. It just looks like we're winging it out there. Very poor.

felt the same way with stale bread AVB...we never once looked like scoring under the dude, the games were pointless to watch and we were lucky several times to win games under him

i understand how you feel completely

Agreed...this was a typical AVB game except we actually scored from open play.

We maybe didn't look like scoring any more, but not any less. But we used to control games and dictate play, you could say how we were set up. I think if AVB played Ade we would have done much better!

Roll on the summer to start all over again; and in the mean time hope our excellent squad can drag is up to 4th. Highly unlikely.

hmmmm are you talking about just this game?

Today was easily Sherwood's most defensive lineup as manager. I really hope today was a once off.

We're winning because we have very good players (the 3rd best squad in the league IMO).

But it's clear that we're regressing badly. We can't win the ball, can't keep the ball, aren't creating chances. Today our only attempt on goal was a route 1 ball over the top.

It's horrible to watch too - scrappy Sunday league stuff. It's like 1996 all over again - Timmeh is the new badger, just with less organisation.

Confusion all over the shop, with many players not sure who was marking who. I don't think it was Sherwoods fault that we were out muscled all over the pitch though, some of our players just didn't fancy the fight today which is completely wrong.

We're winning because we have very good players (the 3rd best squad in the league IMO).

But it's clear that we're regressing badly. We can't win the ball, can't keep the ball, aren't creating chances. Today our only attempt on goal was a route 1 ball over the top.

It's horrible to watch too - scrappy Sunday league stuff. It's like 1996 all over again - Timmeh is the new badger, just with less organisation.
AVB was the new badger, minus the mullet

We only started coming into the game when he finally brought on a DM.

Oh come the **** on that's completely ignoring what Everton did isn't it?
They were left open at the end trying to equalise of course we came into the game then.

Oh come the **** on that's completely ignoring what Everton did isn't it?
They were left open at the end trying to equalise of course we came into the game then.

We actually started getting the ball and controlling the game a bit once Capoue came on. Our defence was shaking through the first half, but really solidified once Capoue was protecting them.

Today was a massive win but we cant hide behind it!

We have so much to work on its unreal....

-our fullbacks crossing
-distribution from lloris
-distribution from our cbs
-general pass & move...making options
-getting our wingers in and amongst the goals
-having a recognised ball winner in midfield.

I think we have talented players but the mentality still needs a lot of work.....we keep starting games in third gear.

Tim has done quite well but he has alot to do and much to prove!!! we look very far from a well oiled machine....at times we look like a clapped out old banger!!

Confusion all over the shop, with many players not sure who was marking who. I don't think it was Sherwoods fault that we were out muscled all over the pitch though, some of our players just didn't fancy the fight today which is completely wrong.

Shouldn't the manager be motivating them for the fight?

Shouldn't the manager be motivating them for the fight?

To be fair to timmy I heard him shouting pressure to our players when everton had the ball in a certain area....he was also quite vocal with Moussa (heard from tv)

He shows his passion on the touchline and was visibly frustrated at our poor start to the game (again)

Yes Tim should be motivating them.......Everton were well oiled and Danny & Kyle need to learn from Baines & the excellent Coleman....if everton had Lukaku I dont think we would have won today!!!!

Tim has lots to do but lets not all go OTT at the end of the day this game was must win and we did that!

A bit like December 15th if you really wanted to be objective.

Back