• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

So if he was available you'd get rid of TS no matter how well he does then I take it?

No no, I like Tim. Im just saying if its a straight choice between FDB and LVG. Really, I was just trying to bring to light that LVGs CV is not as great as it looks on paper and its not a given that he can arrive and do wonders

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood is under no illusions about the size of his task

Last Updated: 07/02/14 9:11pm

Spurs head coach Tim Sherwood has told our Weekend Warm-up show that he has to swiftly bring success to the club if he does not want to be looking for a new job.

But the 45-year-old is enjoying his work and is confident he can surprise the critics who slammed owner Daniel Levy's decision to hire him.

Sherwood was given an 18-month contract in December but is aware there is scepticism about whether he is the long-term answer.

"It's up to me to prove that I can be," he said. "I'm untried at management and you have to earn the right.

"It's like a player going in and playing a couple of games well, it doesn't mean that he's made it. He has to keep his feet on the floor and realise he has to do it on a consistent basis, and that's what I need to do.

"Obviously, the objective of the club is to finish in the top four and we know how difficult that will be.
Sherwood phlegmatic about his fate

"If we reach that or if we don't, it's up to other people to decide if I've done my job well enough to deserve the chance to have another crack at it next season.

"It's an honour to manage this football club and it's a massive job but I was enjoying my role here anyway, so I wasn't on my hands and knees begging for the opportunity.

"If I do well enough then I'll have it for the long term but we know full well that, if I don't, I'll be looking for a job elsewhere.

"It's a tough job but I was under no illusions, no one said it was going to be easy.

"In the past, some managers have done very good jobs here, and in the end it wasn't good enough."

Spurs are currently sixth in the table, three points behind Liverpool in fourth, ahead of a huge game at home to fifth-placed Everton on Sunday (Sky Sports 1, 1.30pm).
Boss happy with his squad

And Sherwood says he is happy with how things have gone since he took charge.

"I feel like we are taking the club in the right direction," he said. "But we've got a long way to go and we have to maintain it and I certainly realise that.

"We just have to keep in that fight right to the death and I believe that our players have got the quality to take us where we want to be. We've got a strong enough squad to be able to compete."

Sherwood was not heavily active during the transfer window and added: "If they had thrown me a name like Lionel Messi, I might have taken it!

"The names being bandied around this January were not any better then what we had, in my opinion."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...under-no-illusions-about-the-size-of-his-task

Damn. I hate all this mucking around, can't wait for the season to end and a longer contract to be handed to Sherwood or whoever the board bring in.

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood is under no illusions about the size of his task

Last Updated: 07/02/14 9:11pm

Spurs head coach Tim Sherwood has told our Weekend Warm-up show that he has to swiftly bring success to the club if he does not want to be looking for a new job.

But the 45-year-old is enjoying his work and is confident he can surprise the critics who slammed owner Daniel Levy's decision to hire him.

Sherwood was given an 18-month contract in December but is aware there is scepticism about whether he is the long-term answer.

"It's up to me to prove that I can be," he said. "I'm untried at management and you have to earn the right.

"It's like a player going in and playing a couple of games well, it doesn't mean that he's made it. He has to keep his feet on the floor and realise he has to do it on a consistent basis, and that's what I need to do.

"Obviously, the objective of the club is to finish in the top four and we know how difficult that will be.
Sherwood phlegmatic about his fate

"If we reach that or if we don't, it's up to other people to decide if I've done my job well enough to deserve the chance to have another crack at it next season.

"It's an honour to manage this football club and it's a massive job but I was enjoying my role here anyway, so I wasn't on my hands and knees begging for the opportunity.

"If I do well enough then I'll have it for the long term but we know full well that, if I don't, I'll be looking for a job elsewhere.

"It's a tough job but I was under no illusions, no one said it was going to be easy.

"In the past, some managers have done very good jobs here, and in the end it wasn't good enough."

Spurs are currently sixth in the table, three points behind Liverpool in fourth, ahead of a huge game at home to fifth-placed Everton on Sunday (Sky Sports 1, 1.30pm).
Boss happy with his squad

And Sherwood says he is happy with how things have gone since he took charge.

"I feel like we are taking the club in the right direction," he said. "But we've got a long way to go and we have to maintain it and I certainly realise that.

"We just have to keep in that fight right to the death and I believe that our players have got the quality to take us where we want to be. We've got a strong enough squad to be able to compete."

Sherwood was not heavily active during the transfer window and added: "If they had thrown me a name like Lionel Messi, I might have taken it!

"The names being bandied around this January were not any better then what we had, in my opinion."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...under-no-illusions-about-the-size-of-his-task

Nice quotes, I hope (as I did with all spurs previous managers) he succeeds.

Oh... deary... me...

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vid...-hotspur/9155397/weekend-warm-up-tim-sherwood

The comments about DMs re City-Chelsea are priceless.

Naive or delusional?

Just because he's hasn't got his c0ck out at half-time doesn't mean he isn't a good manager gut gut.

Also, I think he has a point when he has said that what he wants is two players in the middle who can do everything which is surely more entertaining.

Soo basically Ade undermined AVB
Certainly can understand now why he was sent to train with the kids.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...icised-avb-in-front-of-the-rest-of-the-squad/

RE Sherwood: We all would love to see two players in the middle who can do it all, but they would cost a lot of money. Right now the closest we have is Paulinho and Dembele and neither of them are that good defending, hence our need for a decent DM.

Last edited:

I don't find that at all surprising.

So we have Terry, Cole and Ade all acting the same way. No player should be bigger than the club or the manager - he should have been out on his ear as soon as it happened.

Oh so now AVB is being blamed by you for NOT binning Ade?

What do you think he should have done, and when should he have done it and who should he have replaced him with?

Oh so now AVB is being blamed by you for NOT binning Ade?

What do you think he should have done, and when should he have done it and who should he have replaced him with?

No, I think AVB did what he could to get rid. I suspect we couldn't find another team that would pay the fortune in wages he's currently paid.

I can't remember where I read it but I read somewhere that Ade and AVB had a confrontation in preseason too. AVB was meant to have said that Dawson was his best defender in front of the squad and Ade said that he disagreed.

I can't remember where I read it but I read somewhere that Ade and AVB had a confrontation in preseason too. AVB was meant to have said that Dawson was his best defender in front of the squad and Ade said that he disagreed.

If AVB really said that Dawson was his best defender, then his judgement really is questionable.

And didn't he try to get rid of Dawson to Fulham or QPR. Flip flop or what?

its sad no-one else had the balls to stand up to AVB. Thats what the current squad is lacking, characters not scared to give their opinion or take action when things arent working out!!!!

You want a team where player power rules? That's the quickest way to failure I can think of.

Any player who refuses to toe the line shouldn't wear the shirt again.

You want a team where player power rules? That's the quickest way to failure I can think of.

7736861014_209c42731f_z.jpg

I dont agree with that. If something clearly isnt working then someone has to speak out, even in the dressing room. Actually i look at our current squad and i dont see anyone even taking charge on the pitch, no-one is vocal when things are going wrong. Road to nowhere imo

Back