• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

is Sherwood any worse than Moyes :lol: fookin eck

To be fair to timmy I heard him shouting pressure to our players when everton had the ball in a certain area....he was also quite vocal with Moussa (heard from tv)

He shows his passion on the touchline and was visibly frustrated at our poor start to the game (again)

Yes Tim should be motivating them.......Everton were well oiled and Danny & Kyle need to learn from Baines & the excellent Coleman....if everton had Lukaku I dont think we would have won today!!!!

Tim has lots to do but lets not all go OTT at the end of the day this game was must win and we did that!

He can shout at the players all he wants but if they don't respond there is a problem. To me it doesn't look like the team are giving 100% to the cause and that's not something Sherwood can fix if the players don't plan to buy in to his tenure.

Sherwood isnt going to be the manager next season, so why not we just lay off him...he is just helping to dig us out of another Levy made crater

Isn't it obvious that Tim S is only going to be Spurs manager until the summer. He has no tactical awareness really and all he has done is introduce Adebayor who won us the game in the end.
He is no worse or better than AVB imo - only difference is that he has never been a manager before.

This season we will finish 5th or 6th and we'll be back to square one in the summer - another manager and Levy pulling the strings and gambling with last minute deals. If we are in fact going for LvG then I think there is a chance that we can be successful. If we look for a young manager we are ****ed!

How the **** can anyone defend tim sherwood I have no idea. We have been outplayed every singe game in the first half. We had boring first halves with AVB but we always controlled and dictated the games. Tim Sherwood is absolutely clueless and we just have to hope he learns, because he isn't learning so far... I just can't believe how bad we are!!Some of the worst football I've seen is play for a long long long time under Tim.

The only positive is we usually come out much better in the second half... I'm beginning to think he isn't paying the media, and he really is a ****ing stupid as he seems.

Both tactically and team selection wise Sherwood is starting to leave a lot to be desired. On the positive side, it is clear he is popular with the players and people consistently under estimate how far this goes. That said, he hardly couldn't be popular. Abebayor back in from training with the youth team (instructed to do so by the physio, who in fairness, was probably a better man manager than AVB), Bentaleb introduced, the likes of Vertoghen, Lennon and Dembele actually being played in their correct positions. In fairness, none of it has been rocket science from Sherwood. I'll be more than cool with seeing someone of the ilk of LVG replacing him, despite my reservations about him. There is no doubt he is best serious candidate we've probably ever had for the job. If Sherwood would be willing to work under him, this could be a decent partnership. Someone already popular and well liked by the players alongside someone with just that little bit extra guile, experience and savvy that Sherwood lacks.

That said, worst football for a long time? Please put down the crack pipe! You can count the goals of goals we created this season under Chelsea's opposition DVD man on one hand. I'm serious! 3 goals. Paulinho at Cardiff, Siggy against Chelsea and Norwich. That is it. Sherwood matched that in his first two games, for ****s sake! The other 12 goals (Yes 12! In 16 games! lol) were a combination of penalties (3), free kicks (2), Own goals (2) and some decent and some not so decent long range efforts (5). So yeah, loads of the possession way up the pitch causing practically no danger to the opposition. It was not quite as dull as Graham or Francis but at least they had the excuse of having poor players. What's excuse for opposition DVD man?

DVD man picked up 27 points in 16 games this season - 1.68 points per games. If he'd continued in that vain, which doesn't seem likely given how we were getting worse and worse, and how much the players were tiring of his macaronic ****, we'd be sitting in 7th on 39 points now. 11 points off 4th and 8th or 9th. League season over. No question. Worse still and what has truly RUINED us is those results against the top 9. Which frankly is a league within itself. DVD man results against them were: played 7 points 3. Sherwood is played 4 Points 9.

So by all means, yes, Sherwood is starting to get exposed somewhat but what does it say about DVD man that a complete amateur comes in and takes over his utterly demoralised, just battered 0-5 at home team and can pick up 20 points in his first 9 games? ****, I'm betting Sherwood over his 22 games is going to have a better record than DVD man over 54 games. He needs just another 21 points from the remaining 13 games to do it. That'll be hilarious. Best points per game record of all time? That'll be Tim Sherwood... and he didn't have Bale or the luxury of taking over a team who'd just finished 4th either. Either way, he's already made the DVD man look exactly what he was: great at analysing the opposition with his DVDs, great with all the stats, great in theory but absolutely NO MANAGER.

We actually started getting the ball and controlling the game a bit once Capoue came on. Our defence was shaking through the first half, but really solidified once Capoue was protecting them.

This argument is a waste of time.
You saw what you wanted to see. I saw Capoue running out of midfield to make tackles up the pitch. He even ended up in a break with Defoe at the end of the game.

Both tactically and team selection wise Sherwood is starting to leave a lot to be desired. On the positive side, it is clear he is popular with the players and people consistently under estimate how far this goes. That said, he hardly couldn't be popular. Abebayor back in from training with the youth team (instructed to do so by the physio, who in fairness, was probably a better man manager than AVB), Bentaleb introduced, the likes of Vertoghen, Lennon and Dembele actually being played in their correct positions. In fairness, none of it has been rocket science from Sherwood. I'll be more than cool with seeing someone of the ilk of LVG replacing him, despite my reservations about him. There is no doubt he is best serious candidate we've probably ever had for the job. If Sherwood would be willing to work under him, this could be a decent partnership. Someone already popular and well liked by the players alongside someone with just that little bit extra guile, experience and savvy that Sherwood lacks.

That said, worst football for a long time? Please put down the crack pipe! You can count the goals of goals we created this season under Chelsea's opposition DVD man on one hand. I'm serious! 3 goals. Paulinho at Cardiff, Siggy against Chelsea and Norwich. That is it. Sherwood matched that in his first two games, for ****s sake! The other 12 goals (Yes 12! In 16 games! lol) were a combination of penalties (3), free kicks (2), Own goals (2) and some decent and some not so decent long range efforts (5). So yeah, loads of the possession way up the pitch causing practically no danger to the opposition. It was not quite as dull as Graham or Francis but at least they had the excuse of having poor players. What's excuse for opposition DVD man?

DVD man picked up 27 points in 16 games this season - 1.68 points per games. If he'd continued in that vain, which doesn't seem likely given how we were getting worse and worse, and how much the players were tiring of his macaronic ****, we'd be sitting in 7th on 39 points now. 11 points off 4th and 8th or 9th. League season over. No question. Worse still and what has truly RUINED us is those results against the top 9. Which frankly is a league within itself. DVD man results against them were: played 7 points 3. Sherwood is played 4 Points 9.

So by all means, yes, Sherwood is starting to get exposed somewhat but what does it say about DVD man that a complete amateur comes in and takes over his utterly demoralised, just battered 0-5 at home team and can pick up 20 points in his first 9 games? ****, I'm betting Sherwood over his 22 games is going to have a better record than DVD man over 54 games. He needs just another 21 points from the remaining 13 games to do it. That'll be hilarious. Best points per game record of all time? That'll be Tim Sherwood... and he didn't have Bale or the luxury of taking over a team who'd just finished 4th either. Either way, he's already made the DVD man look exactly what he was: great at analysing the opposition with his DVDs, great with all the stats, great in theory but absolutely NO MANAGER.
=D>

Isn't it obvious that Tim S is only going to be Spurs manager until the summer. He has no tactical awareness really and all he has done is introduce Adebayor who won us the game in the end.
He is no worse or better than AVB imo - only difference is that he has never been a manager before.

This season we will finish 5th or 6th and we'll be back to square one in the summer - another manager and Levy pulling the strings and gambling with last minute deals. If we are in fact going for LvG then I think there is a chance that we can be successful. If we look for a young manager we are ****ed!

Another one who needs to lay off the drugs. Yeah, all he's done is bring back Adebayor, bring in Betaleb, play Lennon, Vertoghen, Dembele in their correct positions, bring back the morale of the players who some have conceded 'gave up' against Liverpool, play a formation other than 4-5 ****ing 1.... apart from all that... what has Tim Sherwood ever done for us? :ross: ****s sake, that is the difference between sitting in 5th now and being very confident of a Europa League place (and therefore opening up 2 routes to Champions League qualification next season) and sitting in 9th under that **** Villa-Boas hoping Emirates Marketing Project beat Sunderland in the League Cup final and hoping the Cup Final is played between two top 4 clubs so it will open up 7th for Europa.... just like the bad old days under Hoddle or Graham.

How the **** can anyone defend tim sherwood I have no idea. We have been outplayed every singe game in the first half. We had boring first halves with AVB but we always controlled and dictated the games. Tim Sherwood is absolutely clueless and we just have to hope he learns, because he isn't learning so far... I just can't believe how bad we are!!Some of the worst football I've seen is play for a long long long time under Tim.

The only positive is we usually come out much better in the second half... I'm beginning to think he isn't paying the media, and he really is a ****ing stupid as he seems.

Both tactically and team selection wise Sherwood is starting to leave a lot to be desired. On the positive side, it is clear he is popular with the players and people consistently under estimate how far this goes. That said, he hardly couldn't be popular. Abebayor back in from training with the youth team (instructed to do so by the physio, who in fairness, was probably a better man management than the opposition DVD man), Bentaleb introduced, the likes of Vertoghen, Lennon and Dembele actually being played in their correct positions. In fairness, none of it has been rocket science from Sherwood. I'll be more than cool with seeing someone of the ilk of LVG replacing him, despite my reservations about him. There is no doubt he is best serious candidate we've probably ever had for the job. If Sherwood would be willing to work under him, this could be a decent partnership. Someone already popular and well liked by the players alongside someone with just that little bit extra guile, experience and savvy that Sherwood lacks.

Basically I like what he says and I like what he does.....ok maybe bentaleb should stop being automatic pick.

We still have lots to do to resemble a dangerous attacking football team.....funny thing is we are above Everton who have been better than us and three points behind pool who have been scintilating at times this season.

funny things is thats quite exciting......imagine if we start playing as a cohesive unit....attacking and defending........if we can achieve 5th playing generally turd all season suely if we can get a tune out of these players we will be in dreamland!!!

Both tactically and team selection wise Sherwood is starting to leave a lot to be desired. On the positive side, it is clear he is popular with the players and people consistently under estimate how far this goes. That said, he hardly couldn't be popular. Abebayor back in from training with the youth team (instructed to do so by the physio, who in fairness, was probably a better man management than the opposition DVD man), Bentaleb introduced, the likes of Vertoghen, Lennon and Dembele actually being played in their correct positions. In fairness, none of it has been rocket science from Sherwood. I'll be more than cool with seeing someone of the ilk of LVG replacing him, despite my reservations about him. There is no doubt he is best serious candidate we've probably ever had for the job. If Sherwood would be willing to work under him, this could be a decent partnership. Someone already popular and well liked by the players alongside someone with just that little bit extra guile, experience and savvy that Sherwood lacks.

:ross:
=D>

You want a team where player power rules? That's the quickest way to failure I can think of

Errr... didn't Chelsea go on to win the biggest competition in club football? That from being left by AVB in 6th place and 2 goals down against Napoli? If you're not respected and not liked by the players... being decent at everything else counts for absolutely nothing. That is nothing to do with player power, it is called good man management. Or at least, you can wing it for a while on the former but not in the long term. Hoddle was a prime example of that. AVB can be judged on that point.... when he actually stays in a job for more than a year! 4 jobs in 4 years for the long term project man!

Last edited:

20 Premier League points won by Tim Sherwood from the 27 on offer.

Not too shabby, when you look at it in the cold light of day...

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014

Certainly puts into perspective. Even if he'd won every game, we'd still only have a 4 point lead over Liverpool right now and we still have to go to Anfield. Villas-Boas 3 points in 7 games against the top 7 KILLED US.

I think he got it pretty close to spot on today. Going 3 in the middle against one of the really high possession teams in the league made a lot of sense. Dembele's work rate was outstanding in the most attacking midfield slot really helped us out.

We were open in the first 10 minutes, but got ourselves settled and Everton didn't look super threatening after that even though we pushed forward quite a bit.

The two first subs made perfect sense too I thought, Eriksen was having a quiet game and struggled physically against an intense Everton side. The game was pretty open with some space to run into so introducing Townsend made sense. Paulinho hadn't been great, we needed some defensive solidity so he was replaced by Capoue. Defoe sub was a bit surprising, but it worked out alright. We were able to keep pressure on the Everton backline when they had the ball reasonably well and Everton didn't create all that much in the final 10.

6 wins in 9 games, we're sitting in 5th place 3pts of a CL place and the man can't get a break.

FFS people start looking for positives in his tenure not negatives.

I think he got it pretty close to spot on today. Going 3 in the middle against one of the really high possession teams in the league made a lot of sense. Dembele's work rate was outstanding in the most attacking midfield slot really helped us out.

We were open in the first 10 minutes, but got ourselves settled and Everton didn't look super threatening after that even though we pushed forward quite a bit.

The two first subs made perfect sense too I thought, Eriksen was having a quiet game and struggled physically against an intense Everton side. The game was pretty open with some space to run into so introducing Townsend made sense. Paulinho hadn't been great, we needed some defensive solidity so he was replaced by Capoue. Defoe sub was a bit surprising, but it worked out alright. We were able to keep pressure on the Everton backline when they had the ball reasonably well and Everton didn't create all that much in the final 10.

Two excellent points. I have been a critic of Moussa's but today he was strong, present and vital against that very physical Everton side. Eriksen needs a strength training program in the summer because frankly, he was muscled into the quiet zone today.

For all the ****ging Sherwood gets around here, I thought he addressed the issues pretty well, although it is clear Sandro walks into the team when fit. Alongside Bentaleb for me right now...

6 wins in 9 games, we're sitting in 5th place 3pts of a CL place and the man can't get a break.

FFS people start looking for positives in his tenure not negatives.

This. Given what's gone on in our season it's pretty miraculous.

Back