• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

6 wins, 2 draws and only 1 defeat. We've also managed to beat 2 teams that are close to us (something we couldn't do until Sherwood came in).

generally good in the league, disappointing results against hull and west brom, those 2 cup aberrations are deafening though

Yep I think timmy has done well results wise!

Peformance wise we have loads to do.......hope timmy can get us playing better.....its squeaky bum time!

I think he got it pretty close to spot on today. Going 3 in the middle against one of the really high possession teams in the league made a lot of sense. Dembele's work rate was outstanding in the most attacking midfield slot really helped us out.

We were open in the first 10 minutes, but got ourselves settled and Everton didn't look super threatening after that even though we pushed forward quite a bit.

The two first subs made perfect sense too I thought, Eriksen was having a quiet game and struggled physically against an intense Everton side. The game was pretty open with some space to run into so introducing Townsend made sense. Paulinho hadn't been great, we needed some defensive solidity so he was replaced by Capoue. Defoe sub was a bit surprising, but it worked out alright. We were able to keep pressure on the Everton backline when they had the ball reasonably well and Everton didn't create all that much in the final 10.

The Defoe sub was just because this is our last home league game before Defoe leaves.
The problem today is we didnt create much either.
We lucked out while Everton were caught sleeping.

This isnt what Sherwood has been promising us.

Two excellent points. I have been a critic of Moussa's but today he was strong, present and vital against that very physical Everton side. Eriksen needs a strength training program in the summer because frankly, he was muscled into the quiet zone today.

For all the ****ging Sherwood gets around here, I thought he addressed the issues pretty well, although it is clear Sandro walks into the team when fit. Alongside Bentaleb for me right now...

I thought Dembele was excellent today. Would be very harsh to drop him.

Will be interesting to see what Sherwood does when Sandro is back. Could see him wishing to play Eriksen or Lamela in the role Dembele had today or play two strikers against some of the lesser teams. That only leaves two central positions for Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho and Bentaleb to fight for. So far those players have played more or less whenever fit under Sherwood.

yep, good to be on the other end a game costing individual error for a change

maybe TS is one of those lucky managers

The Defoe sub was just because this is our last home league game before Defoe leaves.
The problem today is we didnt create much either.
We lucked out while Everton were caught sleeping.

This isnt what Sherwood has been promising us.

It was a hard fought win in a close game against a good side imo.

Whatever Sherwood has promised us I don't think it's fair to expect him to start delivering it consistently at this point.

I agree that we didn't create enough chances, but we didn't look toothless either. Against an Everton side that has been very solid this season, particularly when their back 4 have all been fit and available.

generally good in the league, disappointing results against hull and west brom, those 2 cup aberrations are deafening though

West Ham yes. Although it was a decent performance. Baffling how they managed to dig it out. Arsenal away? We've had 1 win there in 20 years. I wouldn't call this a deafening aberration. More like par for the course, sadly.

Yep I think timmy has done well results wise!

Peformance wise we have loads to do.......hope timmy can get us playing better.....its squeaky bum time!

6 wins including on at Old Trafford that under AVB (and most of our previous managers) we would've lost.

6 wins including on at Old Trafford that under AVB (and most of our previous managers) we would've lost.

Let's be honest, Man United are hardly the juggernaut that they were is previous years, it's not taken brilliant managers to go to Old Trafford and take points off them.

Besides that, Timmeh seems to be doing well, most importantly for him he's getting the results. The question is, will fifth be good enough for him to keep his job at the end of the season? 18 month contract and chairmen very rarely seem to allow them to go into that final year without extending or booting..

I'm glad he's not happy

Sherwood -"The game plan was to put pressure on them higher up the field and for some reason we stood off them and just admired them."

I'm glad he's not happy

Sherwood -"The game plan was to put pressure on them higher up the field and for some reason we stood off them and just admired them."

Can you imagine how AVB would have twisted it? he was the king of talking out of his **** when analysing bad performances.

I'm glad he's not happy

Agreed.

Several games now where we haven't started well enough. Hopefully Sherwood will figure out how to get the players performing from the first whistle.

Agreed.

Several games now where we haven't started well enough. Hopefully Sherwood will figure out how to get the players performing from the first whistle.

I think we need better on-field leadership for this. Dawson needs to be more demanding of the players around him. Maybe Sandro in the side can help us, I'm not sure. We certainly need a bit more character to impose our will on the opposition, our players seem to wait for permission at times.

So far, for league games, I would rate Sherwood as very good in terms of results, and a mixed bag in terms of performances. I wonder if a fully fit Sandro and Kaboul might help with that....maybe a bit of X factor with Lamela?

Let's be honest, Man United are hardly the juggernaut that they were is previous years, it's not taken brilliant managers to go to Old Trafford and take points off them

True but under AVB we'd picked up 0 wins, 3 points, in 7 games against any half decent opposition this season, home and away. Including drawing with United themselves at home. Lost at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Drew at Everton. It is therefore a bit fanciful to think we would have gone to both Old Trafford and Southampton under AVB and picked up 6 points. Especially with all the other circumstances (no Ade, morale at rock bottom etc) Man Utd were also in their best run of form this season, when we beat them. 6 wins in 8 games with the only other defeat being against Chelsea. Everton, Man Utd and Southampton are big wins for us in that mini-league that has developed. Without them we'd be looking at 9th now.

Last edited:

I think we need better on-field leadership for this. Dawson needs to be more demanding of the players around him. Maybe Sandro in the side can help us, I'm not sure. We certainly need a bit more character to impose our will on the opposition, our players seem to wait for permission at times.

So far, for league games, I would rate Sherwood as very good in terms of results, and a mixed bag in terms of performances. I wonder if a fully fit Sandro and Kaboul might help with that....maybe a bit of X factor with Lamela?

Dawson is Dawson though, think it's a bit late in his career to expect him to change all of a sudden.

Sandro certainly adds bite to our side, usually from the kickoff. Could see that help. Holtby was always good for some running around and working super hard regardless of the situation, a few too many players right now that drift out of focus in terms of defensive work a bit too easily.

Sherwood isnt going to be the manager next season, so why not we just lay off him...he is just helping to dig us out of another Levy made crater

It really is incredible. We lose 3-0 to West Ham who hadn't managed a win at WHL since 1999, lost 6-0 to Emirates Marketing Project and 5-0 AT HOME to Liverpool which flattered us and yet we were "overreacting" after those defeats according to Scara and GB. Under Sherwood we've lost once in 9 league games but he's getting everything wrong according to them.

This argument is a waste of time.
You saw what you wanted to see. I saw Capoue running out of midfield to make tackles up the pitch. He even ended up in a break with Defoe at the end of the game.

Don't expect a balanced opinion/arguement mate. Did we really control and dictate the games when we lost to Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project? :ross:

Back