• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

De Boer? what the hell has he proven besides being able to win a garbage league?

If we make CL and Levy sacks Sherwood for De Boer then he's a complete idiot.

Which qualifications does TS not have?? Without them can he coach in the CL?

I'm not saying that LVG doesn't have his own team, but as per the talk from December, maybe Levy wants TS to stay around to learn off of LVG. Personally I'm of the opinion that after this half season Sherwood will likely want to stay as manager and if we don't give him the job he'll go elsewhere. Even if he did stick around it wouldn't be for too long, because after two years I'd imagine he'd be ready to step up

The fact that Spurs have failed to have a Premier League manager who has lasted four seasons has cost us very dear in the past 22 seasons.

What we desperately need is consistency at management level - no club can hope to have any measure of sustained success without it.

Chelsea?

nice idea but LVG will want to bring his own men in imo.......and how can Sherwood hang around in the future if he is no longer the boss as he is now. Will he return to the kids???i dont think so. Once Levy brings in the new guy then Sherwood will have to leave i think. Im sure Gutter will rejoice

I think that's a self-made problem by Timmeh and his ego.

He insisted he was made permanent manager. He insisted on more than a 6 month contract.

Had he said at the time that he was still learning and was volunteering himself for the tough job of steering us through until the summer, whilst looking forward to assisting the new permanent manager it would be different. He burned his own bridges.

Thats why the potential appointment of Van Gaal is again something short term from Levy because at the age of 62 already how many years would LVG want to continue managing. English football is very very demanding for most but even more so for someone who has never even managed here before...........

LVG has always left a trail of protégés in his wake - Mourinho, Guardiola, FDB….

If he wins two league titles in two years with us then hands the reins over to Blind or Kliuvert (his latest assistants), even Freund, no one will complain.

De Boer? what the hell has he proven besides being able to win a garbage league?

AVB managed to blind many with such an achievement ;)

Which qualifications does TS not have?? Without them can he coach in the CL?

I'm not saying that LVG doesn't have his own team, but as per the talk from December, maybe Levy wants TS to stay around to learn off of LVG. Personally I'm of the opinion that after this half season Sherwood will likely want to stay as manager and if we don't give him the job he'll go elsewhere. Even if he did stick around it wouldn't be for too long, because after two years I'd imagine he'd be ready to step up

I think it's his Pro Licence he doesn't have. And I think he's only allowed to manage something like 12 EPL games without it. So if he's not swotting up in the evenings at the moment, he may need to technically hand over to Freund or Ramsey in a few weeks.

I still think Timmeh will get the England job in July. It's pretty much a field of three - him, Chris Hughton and Eddie Howe (providing the knuckle-scrapping tabloids would even tolerate 'paddy' Chris).

I think it's his Pro Licence he doesn't have. And I think he's only allowed to manage something like 12 EPL games without it. So if he's not swotting up in the evenings at the moment, he may need to technically hand over to Freund or Ramsey in a few weeks.

I still think Timmeh will get the England job in July. It's pretty much a field of three - him, Chris Hughton and Eddie Howe (providing the knuckle-scrapping tabloids would even tolerate 'paddy' Chris).

From what I've been told he can manage in the PL as much as he wants because he has the title 'coach' instead of manager or whatever....

Sherwood has proven even less than that but you'd be happy for him to have the job full time?

True. Lets hope De Boer doesn't have an impressive powerpoint presentation.
:) the infamous powerpoint...........one difference between DeBoer and AVb though is that his vast experience in football comes from being a top player as compared with being the dvd guy/tea boy

Sherwood has proven even less than that but you'd be happy for him to have the job full time?

Indeed:

FDB - 7 years coaching - 3 Eredivisies (and the 4th is pretty much in the bag), World Cup Runner-Up (as Holland assistant manager)

Freund - 7 years coaching - assistant manager of Germany U20, assistant manager of Nigeria full national team, manager of Germany U16 & U17, assistant manager of Spurs for 18 months

Timmeh - 15 months coaching - club youth team

I said if Sherwood qualifies for the CL. To me, qualifying for the CL in England is a bigger achievement than winning the league in Holland.

i don't even know where to begin making an accurate comparison but im sure it wouldn't quite work as simply as that.

If Sherwood does get given the boot in the summer and all these wonderful mangers being talked about look as us and think "Nah, f@ck that" what happens then?

Back