• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

oh come on, even Pellegrini himself said that Citys performance, especially in the first half, was the most complete he has seen from them this season......City have been sensational this season, a joy to watch, and against us they were unstoppable. We could have played better, but lets not take anything away from how City played and i for one dont mind our own manager publicly praising what City are trying to do and the way they do it on the pitch. It is something to aim for, id rather we use Pellegrinis football as a template than Mourinhos version even if as i suspected long ago that Mourinho will outsmart Pellegrini and Chels will win the title this year

youd rather us play great football but finish 2nd than play just good football and finish 1st?

youd rather us play great football but finish 2nd than play just good football and finish 1st?

as a fan, i want to enjoy what im watching and have that feeling week in week out. As a fan, if Spurs win a trophy it wont affect my life, meaning i dont get a winners medal, i dont lift the cup, i dont get paid more in bonuses. Maybe i can brag to mates who support other teams that Spurs have won this or that, but thats all there is. I want above all to be entertained, football for fans should be about the entertainment. Thats part of the reason for supporting Spurs, there is a heritage, a history of a certain way of playing that dared to do, that took risks, that wanted success but not at the expense of playing great football. If I was a City fan and they came 2nd this season to this Chelsea team then i wouldnt care less. Id have had fun as a fan watching this team week in week out and that would live longer in the memory rather than some Sunday afternoon in early May watching my team collect a PL trophy after a season of grinding out results with functional football.

Mourinhos Chelsea teams are no better than Grahams Arsanal back in the day.......both effective, buts its more about grinding down the opposition with power rather than playing your opponent off the park with courageous attacking football

Mourinhos Chelsea teams are no better than Grahams Arsanal back in the day.......both effective, buts its more about grinding down the opposition with power rather than playing your opponent off the park with courageous attacking football

I don't really think thats fair, yes they have power but they attack brilliantly as they showed last night, they have players with skill and flair but no one shirks their off ball duties

I don't really think thats fair, yes they have power but they attack brilliantly as they showed last night, they have players with skill and flair but no one shirks their off ball duties
Hazard and Oscar make the team watchable, but thats about it. They all play to a set plan, a certain organisation which yes in its way is admirable, but there is a lack of imagination and freedom and this is what i appreciate more when watching football. Everyones different, each to their own and all that.:)

Hazard and Oscar make the team watchable, but thats about it. They all play to a set plan, a certain organisation which yes in its way is admirable, but there is a lack of imagination and freedom and this is what i appreciate more when watching football. Everyones different, each to their own and all that.:)

if we beat Emirates Marketing Project playing that way last week, would you be happy with the win?

as a fan, i want to enjoy what im watching and have that feeling week in week out. As a fan, if Spurs win a trophy it wont affect my life, meaning i dont get a winners medal, i dont lift the cup, i dont get paid more in bonuses. Maybe i can brag to mates who support other teams that Spurs have won this or that, but thats all there is. I want above all to be entertained, football for fans should be about the entertainment. Thats part of the reason for supporting Spurs, there is a heritage, a history of a certain way of playing that dared to do, that took risks, that wanted success but not at the expense of playing great football. If I was a City fan and they came 2nd this season to this Chelsea team then i wouldnt care less. Id have had fun as a fan watching this team week in week out and that would live longer in the memory rather than some Sunday afternoon in early May watching my team collect a PL trophy after a season of grinding out results with functional football.

Find it hard to believe there are still some Spurs fans who would rather we play entertaining football than win the league title the ugly way ! We have not won the league title since winning the league and Cup double in 1961. It has been 53 years since then. I think people are lying when they say they are not desperate for us to win the league title atleast once in their lifetime. How can you simply resist the chance of being called the champions of the Premier League, the oldest and arguably the toughest league in the world ? Frankly, I won't mind how we are going to win it as long as we can win it !

I completely agree with this. You could argue that winning trophies would make the club more attractive for better players, it will attract more fans and become more valuable etc, but in the end, unless the team is entertaining to watch, what's the point from a fan perspective? I'd much rather have us play entertaining football every week and end up 5th than scruff out 1-0 wins and win the league that way.

Find it hard to believe there are still some Spurs fans who would rather we play entertaining football than win the league title the ugly way ! We have not won the league title since winning the league and Cup double in 1961. It has been 53 years since then. I think people are lying when they say they are not desperate for us to win the league title atleast once in their lifetime. How can you simply resist the chance of being called the champions of the Premier League, the oldest and arguably the toughest league in the world ? Frankly, I won't mind how we are going to win it as long as we can win it !

I honestly don't think we'll win the league in my lifetime. I'm 29 now, and I plan on living until I'm at least 70. I'd love us to win the league, obviously, but not at all costs.

Last edited:

I'm with you . Over the years I've tired of hearing and reading about 'the Spurs way' and I do wonder sometimes if we would've in fact been better off without that Blanchflower quote.

I honestly don't think we'll win the league in my lifetime. I'm 29 now, and I plan on living until I'm at least 70. I'd love us to win the league, obviously, but not at all costs.

I don't want to win the league at all cost's either, but sometimes it has to be recognised that to be successful in the league, the ugly side of the game and by that I don't mean cheating and hoofball, needs to be part of our game plan.

if we beat Emirates Marketing Project playing that way last week, would you be happy with the win?

im always happy with a Spurs win, but its like when we won with AVB in charge, it just became 3pts at the end of the day, grinding out the results but no real enjoyment in how the team were playing.

im always happy with a Spurs win, but its like when we won with AVB in charge, it just became 3pts at the end of the day, grinding out the results but no real enjoyment in how the team were playing.

i say accumulate the wins first, get the funds from tv money, gate revenues and sponsorships, then think about fancy football :)

However great the football is, it kind of becomes pointless if we don't walk away with all three points. Simply winning can make my whole week.

i say accumulate the wins first, get the funds from tv money, gate revenues and sponsorships, then think about fancy football :)

This. Until we're CL regulars we won't get the best players. Without the best players we can't play the best football.

Our desire to play the right kind of football now is hampering our ability to play better football long term.

However great the football is, it kind of becomes pointless if we don't walk away with all three points. Simply winning can make my whole week.

It's an odd statement and not as simple as people make it out to be

- I do believe that the reason Spurs has remained an attractive club for fans over the drought years is because of what we aspire to (even if we don't get there)
- I would have taken Mourinho for 2-3 years as a compromise to the success the club must get to not eventually fade away (look around the league, Villa is fading, in a few years they are likely to join the Championship with the odd PL season, Saudi Sportswashing Machine is next on the list after them, us and Everton are still holding off the tide, but need success soon)
- I would not accept a long term plan of complete mind numbing grinding results however, why would I watch it?

I don't want to win the league at all cost's either, but sometimes it has to be recognised that to be successful in the league, the ugly side of the game and by that I don't mean cheating and hoofball, needs to be part of our game plan.

Yes, of course you need to grind out results in certain games, and I wouldn't expect them all to be pretty and fancy. But to at least expect us to wholeheartedly try to attack a team placed well below us on the table throughout a game at home would be a bare minimum (something I failed to see us doing in several of our games with AVB in charge, for instance).

It's an odd statement and not as simple as people make it out to be

- I do believe that the reason Spurs has remained an attractive club for fans over the drought years is because of what we aspire to (even if we don't get there)
- I would have taken Mourinho for 2-3 years as a compromise to the success the club must get to not eventually fade away (look around the league, Villa is fading, in a few years they are likely to join the Championship with the odd PL season, Saudi Sportswashing Machine is next on the list after them, us and Everton are still holding off the tide, but need success soon)
- I would not accept a long term plan of complete mind numbing grinding results however, why would I watch it?

I don't see that as an odd statement. I feel a lot happier the following week if we've picked up 3 points with an average performance than I do when we've suffered a narrow victory whilst playing well....

I'd take a jammy/nasty/cheated 3 points over a courageous swashbuckling draw every time

Yes, of course you need to grind out results in certain games, and I wouldn't expect them all to be pretty and fancy. But to at least expect us to wholeheartedly try to attack a team placed well below us on the table throughout a game at home would be a bare minimum (something I failed to see us doing in several of our games with AVB in charge, for instance).

I don't think it was a failure of trying, more like we were getting it wrong. There's no way any coach (no matter what you think of them) would look at our attacking play this season and be happy with it.

Back