• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I don't see that as an odd statement. I feel a lot happier the following week if we've picked up 3 points with an average performance than I do when we've suffered a narrow victory whilst playing well....

well that's a one off scenario, would you take two years of average performances to get 4th?

I still hate the fact that last year Chelsea fans harped on about being the best football team in Europe when they played the final with 9 men behind the ball at all times and only won it because Bayern couldn't take penalties (and Gomes was ****). If it was us in that game, I'd still feel dirty about it because in reality one team turned up to play and the other to do nothing other than defend. Mourinho's team last night played football despite defending for long periods. I wouldn't enjoy it but could hack it, so long as it only tended to be against the big teams. Winning the league playing like Pulis' Stoke is not what I want to see Spurs do.

Is it not as simple as 442 ar home 4231 away and against the big teams.

Of course it isnt, its the players that make the formations work and the tactics employed.

Either way you need to play a certain tempo in my opinion which requires the team to be fit. It aldo helps if the team can play one touch football snd have good movement.

Basically play like arsenal- ive no doubt if wenger came in we would see the team style change. Surely it cant be that difficult to do but it will take time.

Still no clearer what Sherwoods style is long term but with Laudrup sacked by Swansea, how long will Levy wait to pull the trigger?

Not saying Laudrup would do any bettr than Sherwood per se but rumiurs hsd it that Levy liked the look of Laudrup. Not sure ehst has hsppened at swansea of late hasnt blotted his record!

However great the football is, it kind of becomes pointless if we don't walk away with all three points. Simply winning can make my whole week.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

I have to say, o find this attitude incredibly weird. It seems to me a bit like a guy thinking about getting with a supermodel, never knowing what it feels like but deciding that their current gf, a good looking girl but good jn bed, is amazing and they wouldn't want to experience the other.

I have never met a fan of a title winning club from any country who cared too much what the team played like. If we won the title this season, we wouldn't remember the narrow 1-0 wins vs hull and crystal palace or the manner of those victories. Down the road, a we'd remember is our players lifting the Pl trophy at the end of the season and the happiness that would come with that.

Fundamentally, I think most fans are almost exactly the same. They want to see their club win and if they do that on a regular enough basis, to won trophies too.

This is all a moot point anyway because it's very rare to win the title playing in a consistently boring way. People babble on about mourinhos first Chelsea team. They weren't boring at all, they scored a record number of goals I believe in that first season they won the league. Games just went competitive because once they went a goal up, their defence was so good it was effectively game over. I wouldn't mind my team winning 3/4-0 every other weekend on the way to the title.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

i've always considered this to be the important bit of that quote

Not playing a DM, and Ferdinands embarrassing and frightening insightful comments about not liking DM's is the reason we look so vulnerable, and, if persisted with, will mean we'll struggle for 6th.

Sandro being so good, and thus walking straight into the team, may be a blessing for us and Tim Sherwood; I just wish Tim could see it without that

Not playing a DM, and Ferdinands embarrassing and frightening insightful comments about not liking DM's is the reason we look so vulnerable, and, if persisted with, will mean we'll struggle for 6th.

Sandro being so good, and thus walking straight into the team, may be a blessing for us and Tim Sherwood; I just wish Tim could see it without that

Ferdinand didn't say he doesn't like defensive midfielders. What he said was he expects a defensive midfielder to be capable of doing more than just defending. It's a perfectly valid point IMO.

youd rather us play great football but finish 2nd than play just good football and finish 1st?

Lets see at then end of the season shall we? I would take Pelligrini's template over Mourinhos any day. I think Emirates Marketing Project will win the Premiership AND entertain along the way. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

SAF's success was always based on a attacking style and his record isn't too shabby.

Tottenham Hotspur's Manager's Records in the Premier League Era updated after the 1-1 draw away to Hull City...

P434_zpsf6bce851.png

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014

wow the Glenn Hoddle time was worse than i remember...89 games, 116 goals scored and 141 conceded:eek: his record was almost identical to Grahams. Have to say that Redknapp may go down as our best PL manager over a longer period of time. His stats will be hard to beat

wow the Glenn Hoddle time was worse than i remember...89 games, 116 goals scored and 141 conceded:eek: his record was almost identical to Grahams. Have to say that Redknapp may go down as our best PL manager over a longer period of time. His stats will be hard to beat

The fact that Spurs have failed to have a Premier League manager who has lasted four seasons has cost us very dear in the past 22 seasons.

What we desperately need is consistency at management level - no club can hope to have any measure of sustained success without it.

The fact that Spurs have failed to have a Premier League manager who has lasted four seasons has cost us very dear in the past 22 seasons.

What we desperately need is consistency at management level - no club can hope to have any measure of sustained success without it.
Thats why the potential appointment of Van Gaal is again something short term from Levy because at the age of 62 already how many years would LVG want to continue managing. English football is very very demanding for most but even more so for someone who has never even managed here before...........

I'd rather not just stick with Sherwood and see us go nowhere though. The guy is young and still has a bit to learn (still has a badge or two to get IIRC).

There was a lot of talk a while ago of Sherwood working under LVG for a couple of years and then taking the reigns when LVG called time. This for me sounds like a much better idea as we could see some continuity in style and ideals instead of the usual upheaval that comes with a management change. Personally if I were TS and this was the case I'd hang around. Not everyone has a chance to work alongside a man of LVG's experience and some of the things he could learn could be invaluable for the future.

Anyone confirm if sherwood is appearing on sky sports news tonight or tomorrow eve at 6pm?

I'd rather not just stick with Sherwood and see us go nowhere though. The guy is young and still has a bit to learn (still has a badge or two to get IIRC).

There was a lot of talk a while ago of Sherwood working under LVG for a couple of years and then taking the reigns when LVG called time. This for me sounds like a much better idea as we could see some continuity in style and ideals instead of the usual upheaval that comes with a management change. Personally if I were TS and this was the case I'd hang around. Not everyone has a chance to work alongside a man of LVG's experience and some of the things he could learn could be invaluable for the future.
nice idea but LVG will want to bring his own men in imo.......and how can Sherwood hang around in the future if he is no longer the boss as he is now. Will he return to the kids???i dont think so. Once Levy brings in the new guy then Sherwood will have to leave i think. Im sure Gutter will rejoice

Unless Tim does something disastrous in the next 14 or so matches then I think he has jumped on the managers merry-go-round at least.

Can anyone see Tim getting the hook if we get CL qualification? I don't think Levy even Levy could sack him if he got this.

Unless Tim does something disastrous in the next 14 or so matches then I think he has jumped on the managers merry-go-round at least.

Can anyone see Tim getting the hook if we get CL qualification? I don't think Levy even Levy could sack him if he got this.
i dont think we have a chance of CL qualification, but if Tim did manage it but Levy had the chance of LVG or DeBoer in the summer I think Levy will ditch Tim in no time. Levys reasoning/excuse will probably be that he wants a manager with CL experience;)

Back