• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

No system. No organisation.

The two most basic things a coach is employed to do (after getting 11 of them out on the pitch).

I don't agree that there is no system or that we looked disorganised against Hull. I think that the team did put in a substandard performance though but that is hardly something new this season and they did that frequently under AVB too.

My only black mark against Sherwood from Saturday was his unwillingness to make a change. It wasn't an inspirational bench but I think he should have twisted rather than stuck.

My only black mark against Sherwood from Saturday was his unwillingness to make a change.

I was about to agree... but then I realised that surely it was an instruction from Sherwood for Lennon to tuck in and never get wide? We just plowed head on into the central defenders time and again.

Look at the passing maps for Lennon and Rose, we almost never got wide or behind them and created havoc, we played in front of them and that is easy for their big lads.

No system. No organisation.

The two most basic things a coach is employed to do (after getting 11 of them out on the pitch).

i'd refine it by saying that our system and organization were totally read and destroyed by steve bruce and his pretty much anonymous players :)

in other words, relatively speaking, timmeh managed to underperform out better players while steve bruce doing the opposite.

steve bruce full use of his subs demonstrated his better decision making than our timmeh.

i'd refine it by saying that our system and organization were totally read and destroyed by steve bruce and his pretty much anonymous players :)

in other words, relatively speaking, timmeh managed to underperform out better players while steve bruce doing the opposite.

steve bruce full use of his subs demonstrated his better decision making than our timmeh.

I didn't see any system, the back 4 seem to have a line/role, everyone else was playing schoolboy football, no positional discipline at all, too many players occupying the same space, no width, no planned intent (was the idea to get the ball to Eriksen/Lennon/who? were we trying to go behind the defense? over, through pass, what?)

I#m backing Sherwood all the way. I like what I've seen so far and hope he can continue his good work.

I'm totally willing to give him a chance and think we may have stumbled on to an excellent appointment.

Many footballers are tactically naive. But I would suggest that being a defensive midfielder in a title winning team suggests he can read a game of football.

I hope he's here for the long run.

Spurs under AVB (who i supported and wanted) were a team without any sort of philosophy whatsoever. No one could define our tactics, and certainly not any sort of attacking philosophy.

He's trying to get one of the most goal shy teams in premiership history scoring. If anyone thinks that is an easy job, under the pressure he is under, then good on them. I certainly don't.

I#m backing Sherwood all the way. I like what I've seen so far and hope he can continue his good work.

I'm totally willing to give him a chance and think we may have stumbled on to an excellent appointment.

Many footballers are tactically naive. But I would suggest that being a defensive midfielder in a title winning team suggests he can read a game of football.

I hope he's here for the long run.

I don't know so much about Timmeh for the long run but I think that he has done very well in terms of results given his lack of experience at this level. Haters will point to most of our games being winnable but look at results this season across the league, and look at how well Southampton are doing, and Sherwood and Co have responded well.

COYS!!!

Not sure about read and destroyed in regards to system and organization against Hull. I thought our system was alright, but individual errors let us down.

Seriously, their goal for example, that's not an organizational problem imo. That's just poor individual defensive errors costing us.

Going forward I think there were just too many individual mistakes. Eriksen, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado and Ade all need to do better on the ball. Better first touches, better passes. Was immensely frustrating to watch individual mistake after individual mistake.

The decision to not make any subs (apart from after Ade's injury) surprised me too, not sure what that was all about. I'm going to assume that Sherwood had his reasons though, it's not like making substitutions is some newfangled master tactician wizardry that only a select few know about.

Maybe Tim was right on Saturday, in other words it was a game not to lose. The important thing (maybe) was to get a point rather than risk losing all three.
We haven't lost any ground on Pool, so he may well be right. Provided we rip Everton a new one, he was definitely right!

Not sure about read and destroyed in regards to system and organization against Hull. I thought our system was alright, but individual errors let us down.

Seriously, their goal for example, that's not an organizational problem imo. That's just poor individual defensive errors costing us.

Going forward I think there were just too many individual mistakes. Eriksen, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado and Ade all need to do better on the ball. Better first touches, better passes. Was immensely frustrating to watch individual mistake after individual mistake.

The decision to not make any subs (apart from after Ade's injury) surprised me too, not sure what that was all about. I'm going to assume that Sherwood had his reasons though, it's not like making substitutions is some newfangled master tactician wizardry that only a select few know about.

We were obviously still in with a decent chance of getting the win, so why not stick with the players chosen to start?

I think maybe standing, chewing and not drooling used up all his brain capacity. There was none left to remember to make subs ;)

We were obviously still in with a decent chance of getting the win, so why not stick with the players chosen to start?

Fresh legs?

Replace some poorly performing players with players who might have a better day at the office?

You know, the regular reason why managers very often make 2-3 substitutions just about every game.

I'm willing to give him time and I've stuck up for him recently, but I'm flabbergasted if the rumours are to be believed that Levy offered him a striker and he said no. When Levy offers you a striker in January you take it, he might not offer you another in a January window for another 3 years. We rely on Adebayor as Soldado has lost all his confidence and the odd goal from Paulinho and Eriksen.

I'm willing to give him time and I've stuck up for him recently, but I'm flabbergasted if the rumours are to be believed that Levy offered him a striker and he said no. When Levy offers you a striker in January you take it, he might not offer you another in a January window for another 3 years. We rely on Adebayor as Soldado has lost all his confidence and the odd goal from Paulinho and Eriksen.

I still think Ade will come good between now and the summer. His deal with City runs out in a few months and there's no way he'd get out of bed for a measly £100k per week.

It's like contract season Ade without his contract running out.

I think that it was Berbatov that was on offer. I can understand it if he thought that he could be disruptive and turned him down.

I think that it was Berbatov that was on offer. I can understand it if he thought that he could be disruptive and turned him down.

I don't, not sure how a player like Berbatov coming back (with his tail between his legs at least a little) could be disruptive, Berbatov was only a problem when he wanted to leave.

The decision to buy/loan no one in this window is baffling, either TS is an idiot, or Levy doesn't trust him (and has other summer plans), it's desperately obvious the club could do with someone to help lift the team at least a little.

I still think Ade will come good between now and the summer. His deal with City runs out in a few months and there's no way he'd get out of bed for a measly £100k per week.

It's like contract season Ade without his contract running out.

I'm clinging to the hope that this is the case, we need someone to step up like Sturridge and Suarez are doing for Liverpool.

I've not really read the papers lately, so was basically you can have Berbatov or no one?

I'm clinging to the hope that this is the case, we need someone to step up like Sturridge and Suarez are doing for Liverpool.

Positive thing is that although we haven't been snapping properly into gear so far this season we have a lot of players with the potential to step it up. Ade, Soldado, Eriksen and Lamela at least all have a ton of so far unfulfilled potential this season.

Back