• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Honestly I think it was an appalling decision by Sherwood not to switch things up. Soldado was terrible. As was Lennon. There was no invention from the bench to inspire a win. I was really genuinely thinking WTF is he doing

Seems like he doesn't trust those on the bench. He's not inspiring me with confidence

I would have loved him to change it up to. But did we have any match winners on the bench? I don't think so.

I would have loved him to change it up to. But did we have any match winners on the bench? I don't think so.

How do we know? He didn't give it a go! We weren't doing anything on the pitch. That was pretty uninspiring and my confidence in Sherwood has taken a big blow. I'm questioning how he's managed to get in such a position

How do we know? He didn't give it a go! We weren't doing anything on the pitch. That was pretty uninspiring and my confidence in Sherwood has taken a big blow. I'm questioning how he's managed to get in such a position

IF we got in a new coach, not TS, but someone else, and would you (or anyone) be having the same thoughts? Would we not be arguing the case for them to HAVE time? So why not TS?

Sherwood didn't need match winners to make changes. Even if the bench were full of academy players, there should've been a substitution or two as the poor level of individual performances and team performance on the whole, made it a requirement for there to be changes .

I felt that not making any changes, sent out all the wrong signals to the players on the field and also for those wanting a chance from the bench.

That's the old old spurs, the (recent) old spurs would have won it late on with a shot from outside the box

Well deserved point, yep two dropped but it could've been worse, the old Spurs would've definitely lost that.

Well deserved really? In fairness to Hull they did the basics well and will be disappointed they didn't take all 3 points, and I would agree. Possession means crap if you can't muster more than 3 shots on target against a team of the quality of Hull.

We're still playing like strangers except for the odd link up, no leaders, and seemingly no visible pattern to our play, well I fail to see it anyway. Players and Management at fault for today's turgid (I said it) display.

I don't think for a second that you honestly believe that's a there is to their 'success'.

It's a bit like saying moon landings just involve strapping some explosives to something pointy.

If it really is that easy, why isn't everyone doing it? How come some teams beat others?

It's not all their is to their play but it is a very important part of what has made them more effective this season than previous seasons. They defend in numbers offering protection to their back 4 and then break quickly and attack in numbers. The reason most teams don't do it is for 2 reasons imo, 1) it requires a team that is well drilled and fast on the counter, 2) it requires incredible fitness.

This is key for me, the lack of a match winner, but also the lack of leadership. I didn't see a leader out there today

I thought he was happy with the depth of the squad. Clealyr not from his failure to use it

I'm a bit shocked at the level of negativity towards Sherwood?! I like what he's done so far :oops:

Today there wasn't much to choose from on the bench. We could have gone with Chadli or Siggy instead of Lennon, but who would you look to to provide a key breakthough? Taking off Lennon for either of those two would have sacrificied further the limited defensive stability we had.

Kane for Soldado? Maybe. But again, this 26 million pounds worth of striker we're talking about. Chasing a goal and take off the most expensive striker the club has ever bought? You can see why he was reluctant.

Also, despite all the negativity we were in the ascendancy for almost the entire second half, again, with limited options on the bench you'd be reluctant.

People are reading too much into his comments as well. The comment about being happy with the depth for instance; whats he supposed to say: 'we've blown a load of money on these average tossers, so I'm going to have to make do. Franco is working furiously behind the scenes trying to move out some of this subhuman scum we have.'

Of course he's going to make positive noises. When did we suddenly get so good that drawing away in a premier league match requires a full assassination of the current incumbent who has held the post for 6 weeks?

IF we got in a new coach, not TS, but someone else, and would you (or anyone) be having the same thoughts? Would we not be arguing the case for them to HAVE time? So why not TS?

That's fair. I've always said give any manager time.

I don't understand Tim Sherwoods decision not to try and change the game today. It frustrated the hell out of me. Maybe in time he'll prove he was right and knows a hell of a lot more than some fan like me. Or maybe he'll learn from mistakes he makes.

My main frustration remains the decisions the club has made.

It felt to me like we were so easy to open up at times. Again the space in front of the defence is gaping and we haven't addressed it

I'm a bit shocked at the level of negativity towards Sherwood?! I like what he's done so far :oops:

Today there wasn't much to choose from on the bench. We could have gone with Chadli or Siggy instead of Lennon, but who would you look to to provide a key breakthough? Taking off Lennon for either of those two would have sacrificied further the limited defensive stability we had.

Kane for Soldado? Maybe. But again, this 26 million pounds worth of striker we're talking about. Chasing a goal and take off the most expensive striker the club has ever bought? You can see why he was reluctant.

Also, despite all the negativity we were in the ascendancy for almost the entire second half, again, with limited options on the bench you'd be reluctant.

People are reading too much into his comments as well. The comment about being happy with the depth for instance; whats he supposed to say: 'we've blown a load of money on these average tossers, so I'm going to have to make do. Franco is working furiously behind the scenes trying to move out some of this subhuman scum we have.'

Of course he's going to make positive noises. When did we suddenly get so good that drawing away in a premier league match requires a full assassination of the current incumbent who has held the post for 6 weeks?

I agree with much of the above but not the bolder bit. Sherwood has to get the squad he is happy with. I don't believe he should be happy with the current squad as it is too unbalanced IMO. Therefore, if he is saying he is happy just to toe the party line, he could have reasonably said something like " of course, I would like to strengthen the squad, especially in a couple of key areas. However, I recognize the players I would like maybe aren't available at the moment and we may have to wait till the summer to address the squad issue".

He did not have to say that he was happy with the squad and state that although Levy comes to him and asks if there is any help he needs regarding new players, he is quite happy with what he has already.

In my view, TS has made an error here. It is patently obvious we have an UNBALANCED squad. Too many midfielders and not enough back up quality in key areas. For me, we desperately need a left back as back up or competition to Rose. I would also like to see a centre forward to replace Defoe in the shape of a line leader to be back up or compete with Ade.

Are you saying I've done a complete 180?

Tbh mate i'm scared to respond being that i got a warning for that post. Just know that you're probably my favourite poster on here and it was a joke...and a wrestling joke at that (thought that would make it obvious).

Tbh mate i'm scared to respond being that i got a warning for that post. Just know that you're probably my favourite poster on here and it was a joke...and a wrestling joke at that (thought that would make it obvious).

My bad... went over my head. I thought you were saying my opinion flip flops regularly (which it completely does!)

Back