• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

:eek:
He had to have been joking! Must have been a joke...please?

He didn't say that though, he said that he knew betalab a lot more, knew what he could do, and more importantly knew that he would deliver (paraphrasing here). and anyone who has ever managed people in a high pressured deadline based (read result based) business situation will go with the person that they KNOW that will deliver.

sherwood needs to be careful with bentalab and the risk of dissing the senior players.
lack of any communication between bentaleb and dembele is suspiciously worrying for me.

sherwood needs to be careful with bentalab and the risk of dissing the senior players.
lack of any communication between bentaleb and dembele is suspiciously worrying for me.

I think he's as stubborn as AVB trying to prove something. If true why send Holtby out and recall Livermore?

We are going backwards can't wait for this season end it's been awful

I am not aware of him ever dissing a senior (or junior) player

I think he's as stubborn as AVB trying to prove something. If true why send Holtby out and recall Livermore?

We are going backwards can't wait for this season end it's been awful

I'm not a particularly big fan of Livermore and I can see Holtby's potential but I do not think that Holtby has ever had a better game in a Spurs shirt than Livermore's best.

some interesting quotes there

They can bring them in, but they won’t play. We’re in this together. Unless we’re all in agreement they don’t bring them in - there’s no point, because they won’t play.
“It’s not always the right way, just to buy players. We need to put things together, like a jigsaw here, and I’ve got real trust in the players that we’ve got.”

Tim Sherwood says Tottenham learned lessons in defeat by Emirates Marketing Project
• Spurs' manager rebutts Alan Hansen's criticism
• Three long-term injured may return against Hull
Beta

FROM THE GUARDIAN:

Tottenham Hotspur's manager, Tim Sherwood, has defended himself against Alan Hansen's criticism of his tactics.

The Tottenham Hotspur manager, Tim Sherwood, has rejected the suggestion that he needs to alter his approach against top teams, insisting that Wednesday's 5-1 defeat by Emirates Marketing Project was caused by the brilliance of the opposition and a few individual mistakes by his players rather than any systemic flaw with Spurs.

Sherwood was accused of failing to deploy a midfield that provided adequate protection for Spurs' defence as City tore them apart at White Hart Lane. However, the manager said that that is not the lesson that he took from the match. "What we learned from it – what we learned from them really – is don't make a lot of unforced errors and keep the ball properly. Their goals came from human error."

Sherwood did not agree with the Match of the Day analysis by Alan Hansen, who claimed that Spurs needed to solidify their midfield. "I don't see that," said Sherwood, who suggested that any such adjustment would be excessively defensive. "I've seen a lot of teams go with 10 behind the ball, as we saw with West Ham [against Chelsea] the other night. But, if you concede 35 shots, you're usually going to concede goals. One in every 10 games might come off for you but, if you're going to keep taking punches, then you're going to end up on the floor."

Sherwood will attempt to get Tottenham's challenge for a top-four finish back on track on Saturday when they travel to Hull. The match could see Jan Vertonghen, Younès Kaboul and Paulinho return to action after long injury lay-offs. "They are like new signings," said Sherwood.

I know that very few managers will come out and say they got the tactics wrong but even without the 'human error' we were horribly over-run for the first 30-ish minutes.

Well, I think he will now absolutely try Lamela behind Ade or Soldado when the opportunity arises. He will clearly play the boy more. Left-back has worried me for two years, so onto the summer we go there. I am not disappointed that we didn't make any signings or let anyone especially vital go. Holtby needs games to improve, can't be a bad thing…I think, in fact, Sherwood deserves high praise for refusing to give in to a short-term Berbatov deal, something which IMO would've been very very retrograde.

Tim Sherwood says Tottenham learned lessons in defeat by Emirates Marketing Project
Beta

FROM THE GUARDIAN:

Tottenham Hotspur's manager, Tim Sherwood, has defended himself against Alan Hansen's criticism of his tactics.

The Tottenham Hotspur manager, Tim Sherwood, has rejected the suggestion that he needs to alter his approach against top teams, insisting that Wednesday's 5-1 defeat by Emirates Marketing Project was caused by the brilliance of the opposition and a few individual mistakes by his players rather than any systemic flaw with Spurs.

Sherwood was accused of failing to deploy a midfield that provided adequate protection for Spurs' defence as City tore them apart at White Hart Lane. However, the manager said that that is not the lesson that he took from the match. "What we learned from it – what we learned from them really – is don't make a lot of unforced errors and keep the ball properly. Their goals came from human error."

Sherwood did not agree with the Match of the Day analysis by Alan Hansen, who claimed that Spurs needed to solidify their midfield. "I don't see that," said Sherwood, who suggested that any such adjustment would be excessively defensive. "I've seen a lot of teams go with 10 behind the ball, as we saw with West Ham [against Chelsea] the other night. But, if you concede 35 shots, you're usually going to concede goals. One in every 10 games might come off for you but, if you're going to keep taking punches, then you're going to end up on the floor."

Sherwood will attempt to get Tottenham's challenge for a top-four finish back on track on Saturday when they travel to Hull. The match could see Jan Vertonghen, Younès Kaboul and Paulinho return to action after long injury lay-offs. "They are like new signings," said Sherwood.

I know that very few managers will come out and say they got the tactics wrong but even without the 'human error' we were horribly over-run for the first 30-ish minutes.

Because, IMO, players such as Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Dembele could not keep the ball, could not win the ball and could not pass the ball to another white shirt. They were all shocking in that period of time.

Beta

FROM THE GUARDIAN:

Not saying I ever want to see Spurs play that way but f***ing Chelsea got away with it spectacularly against Barca and Bayern the other season.

some interesting quotes there

They can bring them in, but they won’t play. We’re in this together. Unless we’re all in agreement they don’t bring them in - there’s no point, because they won’t play.
“It’s not always the right way, just to buy players. We need to put things together, like a jigsaw here, and I’ve got real trust in the players that we’ve got.”

I thought that this quote was interesting too. It sounds to me like he is trying to create a siege mentality and hoping that showing some faith in the players will help them raise their game.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Livermore and I can see Holtby's potential but I do not think that Holtby has ever had a better game in a Spurs shirt than Livermore's best.
I think Holtby is a better player IMO.
Again if it's true JL is being recalled I fear he will play him on a regular like he's trying to prove something like I'm using young players blah blah. Bit like Wenger and his kids in the past. It's a bloody shambles this season spunked the Bale money on ****e except Eriksen. Can see an mass exodus in the summer of our best players.

With regards to this window no one would want to come here we have been embarrassing this season and Sherwood's not going to attract top players .

Well, I think he will now absolutely try Lamela behind Ade or Soldado when the opportunity arises. He will clearly play the boy more. Left-back has worried me for two years, so onto the summer we go there. I am not disappointed that we didn't make any signings or let anyone especially vital go. Holtby needs games to improve, can't be a bad thing…I think, in fact, Sherwood deserves high praise for refusing to give in to a short-term Berbatov deal, something which IMO would've been very very retrograde.

Agree Steff. Berbs would not have been sensible, but I would have liked another target man striker. If Ade is out, who then? No one else is really suited to leading the line. It would be Ade plus one of Lamela or Solly if we are going to go two up top. Can't really see any other combination working.

I also agree that left back is an Achiles heel waiting to happen. Hopefully Rose will stay fit, not get suspended and learn to both defend and cross. Not asking too much!

I loved Berbatov as a player first time around but he is a shadow of what he was and even at him best he was a lazy, disruptive **** when things weren't as he wanted. I've been worried about the thought of Ade and Berba in the same team/squad since it was first being talked about.

I loved Berbatov as a player first time around but he is a shadow of what he was and even at him best he was a lazy, disruptive **** when things weren't as he wanted. I've been worried about the thought of Ade and Berba in the same team/squad since it was first being talked about.

Never go back as they say glad we did not sign the sulk.

I think Holtby is a better player IMO.
Again if it's true JL is being recalled I fear he will play him on a regular like he's trying to prove something like I'm using young players blah blah. Bit like Wenger and his kids in the past. It's a bloody shambles this season spunked the Bale money on ****e except Eriksen. Can see an mass exodus in the summer of our best players.

With regards to this window no one would want to come here we have been embarrassing this season and Sherwood's not going to attract top players .

I think that Holtby could be a better player but I am struggling to think of an occasion when he has shown it in a Spurs shirt.

I disagree on the second point. Sure we have been hot and cold this season but we are in the chase for a top four place, have some great players and pay the sixth best wages in the league (and far more than players will get in most leagues around the world). If the manager wanted to bring in players, we would have had no trouble bringing them in (other than the usual problems around bring in players who are already playing for their club in a World Cup year). I think that Sherwood's stance takes ******** and he should be admired for it.

Indeed. Sherwood deserves credit for not giving in/being steadfast….as to your point above about still being in a hunt for the top 4, it is absolutely miraculous given the turmoil this season, seriously incredible. it's what has given me belief in Sherwood TBH...

Sherwood will be given the boot come May. You know it, I know it, Daniel knows it and Sherwood certainly knows it. Thats why he has not been given a penny to spend. He is enjoying his moment in the limelight and acting the big time Charlie while he can, because it may never come again. Sherwood has as much chance of starting next season as manager as I do.

Back