• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sherwood will be given the boot come May. You know it, I know it, Daniel knows it and Sherwood certainly knows it. Thats why he has not been given a penny to spend. He is enjoying his moment in the limelight and acting the big time Charlie while he can, because it may never come again. Sherwood has as much chance of starting next season as manager as I do.

I disagree. We have turned down several approaches from clubs who wanted to offer Sherwood a permanent managers job. I do not think that there is anything in it for Sherwood to be a six month stooge and I do not think that he can go back to his old job if he was sacked at the end of the season. I suspect that unless we have a monumental collapse in the rest of the season, he will be offered a new and longer contract in the summer.

agree with that - i do believe he has until the end of the season to prove he is worth a long term contract though and that it isn't set in stone that he will get one, but as you say - barring a disastrous collapse i think he'll be here next season.

obviously there will be other factors at play, not just how he fairs in the league and im sure Levy will be monitoring how he and his team work behind the scenes

None too pleased about Capoue's comments in that article - if accurate. Unless you are a worldie, you damn well play where your told, and the only way to ensure you get picked in your favoured position is to PROVE to your manager you are the best as and when you get the chance. So far matey I'd wager you are a long way from doing that.

another Spurs midfielder, Etienne Capoue, has accused Sherwood of putting his World Cup prospects with France this summer in doubt.

The 25-year-old, recently displaced by rookie Nabil Bentaleb, was also annoyed with the north Londoners for playing him in central defence on occasion.

He said: “I’m not surprised about having to play there. This is the English mind - they do not know much about foreign players.

“It’s hard. I went from undisputed holding midfielder to someone applying to play. This is the first time I saw that. If I do not play, it will be difficult to be at the World Cup.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hull-vs-tottenham-dimitar-berbatov-3099851#ixzz2s1NglZsH

Sherwood is shrewd and brave IMO.
Who was available to buy that would've done anything for us short-term? The left-back issue should've been addressed ages ago/by Baldini…I am delighted he didn't give in to pressure and take Berba, he could've done it and then blamed it if it didn't work out…there really hasn't been anyone out there, and the difference between this Jan and others is we haven't failed with big name targets and ended up signing mid-priced average players.

agree with that - i do believe he has until the end of the season to prove he is worth a long term contract though and that it isn't set in stone that he will get one, but as you say - barring a disastrous collapse i think he'll be here next season.

obviously there will be other factors at play, not just how he fairs in the league and im sure Levy will be monitoring how he and his team work behind the scenes

Yeah, I agree. I am sure that his willingness to use youth players must count for something too. We haven't spent all of that money on the training centre for our manager to ignore youth players.

I disagree. We have turned down several approaches from clubs who wanted to offer Sherwood a permanent managers job. I do not think that there is anything in it for Sherwood to be a six month stooge and I do not think that he can go back to his old job if he was sacked at the end of the season. I suspect that unless we have a monumental collapse in the rest of the season, he will be offered a new and longer contract in the summer.

Personally I think he needs to get 4th or it's curtains for him. I don't agree with that but that's how I think Levy will play it.

None too pleased about Capoue's comments in that article - if accurate. Unless you are a worldie, you damn well play where your told, and the only way to ensure you get picked in your favoured position is to PROVE to your manager you are the best as and when you get the chance. So far matey I'd wager you are a long way from doing that.

another Spurs midfielder, Etienne Capoue, has accused Sherwood of putting his World Cup prospects with France this summer in doubt.

The 25-year-old, recently displaced by rookie Nabil Bentaleb, was also annoyed with the north Londoners for playing him in central defence on occasion.

He said: “I’m not surprised about having to play there. This is the English mind - they do not know much about foreign players.

“It’s hard. I went from undisputed holding midfielder to someone applying to play. This is the first time I saw that. If I do not play, it will be difficult to be at the World Cup.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hull-vs-tottenham-dimitar-berbatov-3099851#ixzz2s1NglZsH

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. I suspect that the two lines have been taken out of a far longer story because they make a good story. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a bad translation from an interview with the French press either

Personally I think he needs to get 4th or it's curtains for him. I don't agree with that but that's how I think Levy will play it.

I don't agree and I am not sure that he would have taken the job under those conditions but I guess that we will find out at the end of the season

I don't agree and I am not sure that he would have taken the job under those conditions but I guess that we will find out at the end of the season

As much as I want him to succeed, he is quite fortunate that he's been given a chance at one of the top 6 or so biggest clubs in the country as his first head coach gig. I'm sure he knows full well how ruthless Levy is. He may not have flat out said top 4 or you're gone, but I'm fairly confident that is how Levy is thinking.

There are never any conditions, as such, but you know as well as me that Levy can sack who he wants, when he wants, for whatever reason he wants. And he always does. Sherwood was always going to be a cheap stop gap before a lot of potential candidates are available in the summer.

Sherwood is shrewd and brave IMO.
Who was available to buy that would've done anything for us short-term? The left-back issue should've been addressed ages ago/by Baldini…I am delighted he didn't give in to pressure and take Berba, he could've done it and then blamed it if it didn't work out…there really hasn't been anyone out there, and the difference between this Jan and others is we haven't failed with big name targets and ended up signing mid-priced average players.

Berbatov was never going to come back to Spurs, so it was'nt a choice Sherwood was ever going to have to make.

There are never any conditions, as such, but you know as well as me that Levy can sack who he wants, when he wants, for whatever reason he wants. And he always does. Sherwood was always going to be a cheap stop gap before a lot of potential candidates are available in the summer.

Yes of course he can but Levy is not an idiot and he will realise that this season is the most competitive that the Premier League has been in something like 20 years. The team that finishes 7th this year would have walked 5th most years. He is not going to sack a manager for the sake of it but obviously, if there is a manager who is available, who he thinks would do a better job, he should go for him.

I do not think that Sherwood would have taken the job if he knew that it was as a stop gap. It would be very difficult for him to go back to the development squad now and he has turned down other full time positions. What is in it for him to do our job for six months and then be handed a P45?

Berbatov was never going to come back to Spurs, so it was'nt a choice Sherwood was ever going to have to make.

Disagree. Several press reports have said that it was set up and Sherwood blocked it.

Disagree. Several press reports have said that it was set up and Sherwood blocked it.

I find it strange that Levy would have sanctioned it given the humongous cloud Berbs left under. No way would he want him back IMO.

I find it strange that Levy would have sanctioned it given the humongous cloud Berbs left under. No way would he want him back IMO.

I guess that we will never know but press reports (give me a second and I will find them) say that Levy had sanctioned it and done the details and Sherwood put the kabosh on the deal.

I guess that we will never know but press reports (give me a second and I will find them) say that Levy had sanctioned it and done the details and Sherwood put the kabosh on the deal.

Whatever the press reports say, I just can't see Levy as a kiss and make up kind of guy.

We got Keane back and look how that turned out. Once bitten and all that.

Whatever the press reports say, I just can't see Levy as a kiss and make up kind of guy.

We got Keane back and look how that turned out. Once bitten and all that.

I think he is/a businessman above all else, if he thought it was a good deal then I doubt emotion would come into it.

It takes balls to do what Sherwood did and personally I agree with him. Bar a left back I cannot see any actual need for new signings, any team in the World could be improved, just look at Emirates Marketing Project, they are tearing up the Premier League yet if they were offered Messi or Ronaldo would they turn either player down despite how well they're doing? Would you also want to tell me that Real Madrid couldn't improve on their strikers? No team is perfect on paper and sometimes that is what makes them good as Ramsey used to say, don't pick your best 11 players, pick your best team.

Just don't get the obsession on here with certain players' previous mistakes and how they need to be replaced ala Rose, you should just look at what they can do not what they can't whilst letting them try to learn from their mistakes and improve which surely would be better than buying and starting all over again....

Our focus should be to gel these players, after all we have enough of them and enough talent within them to finish 4th.

I think he was write to block it.
It would have been a disaster. All it would have took was one typical Berbatov strolling performance not contributing anything and everyone would have got on his back.
He's scored 2 goals from open play in 1564 premier league minutes (26 hours) this season.

I think he was write to block it.
It would have been a disaster. All it would have took was one typical Berbatov strolling performance not contributing anything and everyone would have got on his back.
He's scored 2 goals from open play in 1564 premier league minutes (26 hours) this season.

I agree. You have to give Sherwood credit here…equally, I don't think you will ever see Sherwood directly address this 'deal', in fact, the way he handled the press conference this AM was very very good given his strong opinions that he is happy with what he has until the summer.

Back