• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

that's hardly a conclusive example of a biased tirade against a manager in the wake of a poor result and performance, as i stated - most if not all of those are legitimate points to be raised under the circumstances - that being us on the receiving end of a thrashing at home with an inexperienced manager. Sherwood has little to no past experience in these circumstances - managing a side aiming for top four and on Wednesday up against a world class footballing side stacked to the brim with elite footballers - is it unfair to suggest that he was indeed out of his depth in this particular game? i don't think that is an unreasonable suggestion, he is after all being thrown in at the deep end, which i think everyone would agree on - is it also a totally alien idea that someone would have looked at tonight's game and thought - we're on for a bit of a pasting tonight? i wonder what the odds on City to win -2 were...

of course a couple of those are unfair - tactics stink if he's referring to more than Wednesday and a professional next time, but without context i cannot go further.

just to add : i think that anyone who is writing him off based on one performance is being entirely unfair, what i have seen though since the City game is criticism of that particular performance - not many, if any, using it as a benchmark to base their opinions of his abilities on.

Did I say it was conclusive ? You asked for examples AFTER the game and I gave you some. I also said you had to put them in the context of the whole thread to fully comprehend the nuance.

Did I say it was conclusive ? You asked for examples AFTER the game and I gave you some. I also said you had to put them in the context of the whole thread to fully comprehend the nuance.

with the level of complaints in this thread since the Emirates Marketing Project game that there are posters who having been waiting for one poor result so they can lay in to Sherwood, i guess i was looking for something more concrete than what you have provided. i thought that much was obvious.

even looking beyond the game on Wednesday all i have seen thus far is people raising concerns about a manager who has no experience at this level and whether he is the right man for the job longer term. and some inexcusable nonsense about his class/background from a very small minority (totaling i believe 1 whole poster?) as there is no data, in the term of past experience, to mull over i think it's entirely understandable that some have concerns - a few games between now and the end of the season will not change the fact there is little information to draw on and if some people consider past experience as an important indicator as to whether he's likely to be the right man for the job then, again, i find it entirely reasonable that some choose to hold that as a negative. what i don't agree with, however, is using his lack of experience as proof that he isn't good enough - understandable as it is to be skeptical - someone who is a blank canvas should be judged on what he does, not what he hasn't done, imv

Wow; if a poster says a manager's tactical set-up/selection was naive after a game that is a vitriolic comment now?

with the level of complaints in this thread since the Emirates Marketing Project game that there are posters who having been waiting for one poor result so they can lay in to Sherwood, i guess i was looking for something more concrete than what you have provided. i thought that much was obvious.

even looking beyond the game on Wednesday all i have seen thus far is people raising concerns about a manager who has no experience at this level and whether he is the right man for the job longer term. as there is no data, in the term of past experience, to mull over i think it's entirely understandable that some have concerns - a few games between now and the end of the season will not change the fact there is little information to draw on and if some people consider past experience as an important indicator as to whether he's likely to be the right man for the job then, again, i find it entirely reasonable that some choose to hold that as a negative. what i don't agree with, however, is using his lack of experience as proof that he isn't good enough - understandable as it is to be skeptical - someone who is a blank canvas should be judged on what he does, not what he hasn't done, imv

And that is what I agree with 1000 %.

It's about being fair or unfair. I consider those willing to give TS a chance are being fair and those not willing to do so to be unfair. It has nothing to do with prejudice. The only prejudiced ones are those who have pre- formed views about the man based on non footballing agendas and not on his time as manager.

BTW, you still haven't answered my question as to who you consider to be "the exclusively pro Timmey phalanx". Please name names if you are to throw out the sort of generalisations you accuse others of making.

Who is unwilling to give Sherwood a chance? The only poster who I can think are 100% against his appointment are GB and Scara. Other than that you've got the vast majority who are waiting and seeing and a handful of evangelicals.

Who is unwilling to give Sherwood a chance? Theonly poster who I can think are 100% against his appointment areGB and Scara.Other than that you've got the vast majority who are waiting and seeing and a handful of evangelicals.

Well that two for starters. Any more? This thread tends to suggest there are.

Who do you consider to be the evangelicals?

I am still waiting for Jordinho to list who he claims to be the "exclusively pro Sherwood" phalanx.

I don't understand what has happened to us... Aren't we one of the biggest clubs in the world? And got someone who's never managed before? Who had the biggest loser attitude in his post comments at city? Who appears to have no plan in a game other than play his best players and go for it? Who has admitted on more than one occassion he doesn't know some of our players. Who the player he does know, bentaleb, though he was from Harlow? Who thinks that player is better than French international Capoue? Who refuses to play a DM even though every match we give about 10 decent chances to, including palace at home? Who thinks we don't need a left back? And losing Defoe holtby, Capoue somehow makes us stronger?

It's like real life football manager is happening to us....

What are you saying there mate? I just want to make sure I don't misinterpret. Because Bentaleb is from Lille, France. Clearly Sherwood doesn't know much about foreign players.

and some inexcusable nonsense about his class/background from a very small minority (totaling i believe 1 whole poster?)

If that's about my comments, I'd like to clarify (again) that I neither dislike Timmeh nor think he's a bad/inexperienced manager based on his class. That was nothing more than a poster making (hugely incorrect) assumptions and misinterpretations based on my comments that he "talks like an idiot".

A comment that had nothing to do with his backround/social class and everything to do with him saying stupid ****.

Guys,

Can we at least Tim Sherwood's time with us as the moment when we all learnt to debate the manager respectfully, as opposed to debate how the manager's being debated in relation to other managers who have been debated in fractured 'camps' here?

It's a chance to move forwards.

Tim Sherwood's blue & white army. Whatever we think, it's a fact. He is our manager. So come on Sherwood and come on you Spurs!

p.s. one thing I find amazing is that ELEMENTS of a manager's tenure cannot be criticized. Criticizing an element or two does not mean the manager is thus hated! I find Sherwood's persistence with Rose baffling and a major issue, but he still has my backing and there's a lot about what he's doing I admire.

Who is unwilling to give Sherwood a chance? The only poster who I can think are 100% against his appointment are GB and Scara. Other than that you've got the vast majority who are waiting and seeing and a handful of evangelicals.

I'd also like to clarify this.

Whilst I'm against his appointment, I'll simply believe what I do until/unless he proves otherwise. No different to assuming he's a good manager until he proves himself to be ****.

If that's about my comments, I'd like to clarify (again) that I neither dislike Timmeh nor think he's a bad/inexperienced manager based on his class. That was nothing more than a poster making (hugely incorrect) assumptions and misinterpretations based on my comments that he "talks like an idiot".

A comment that had nothing to do with his backround/social class and everything to do with him saying stupid ****.

Come on matey, when you 'pity' someone simply for their background, that's a little classist. If I am remembering that wrong, I will humbly apologise, but I do remember the 'pity' bit…

Off topic, have you ever been for a nice lunch at Marco Pierre White's Yew Tree? Are you a fan of Marco's?

Back