• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

can we please cut out the pro/anti phalanx stuff - not picking and choosing targets here, everyone ffs cut it out it's bull**** and serves no positive purpose.

Well that two for starters. Any more? This thread tends to suggest there are.

Who do you consider to be the evangelicals?

I am still waiting for Jordinho to list who he claims to be the "exclusively pro Sherwood" phalanx.

I don't know. I am not the one that there are a load of people gunning for Sherwood or that the reaction to the City game has been overwhelmingly negative in this thread.

I think that the majority of posters are pretty balanced in their views on Sherwood.

The evangelicals comment was off the cuff and not given much thought. I'm not keen on putting people in groups, so I will withdraw it.

Come on matey, when you 'pity' someone simply for their background, that's a little classist. If I am remembering that wrong, I will humbly apologise, but I do remember the 'pity' bit…

Off topic, have you ever been for a nice lunch at Marco Pierre White's Yew Tree? Are you a fan of Marco's?

I pity him, that has nothing to do with his abilities (or lack of) as a manager. In fact, I only mentioned it to counter the continual assertion that I disliked him because of it. In fact, I dislike him because he ****ged of our club continually.

Not eaten at Marco's - used to like him before he did all the tv work, but like the Michelin inspectors, I believe that any chef spending too much time on tv isn't paying enough attention to their food.

If that's about my comments, I'd like to clarify (again) that I neither dislike Timmeh nor think he's a bad/inexperienced manager based on his class. That was nothing more than a poster making (hugely incorrect) assumptions and misinterpretations based on my comments that he "talks like an idiot".

A comment that had nothing to do with his backround/social class and everything to do with him saying stupid ****.

fair enough, that sounds reasonable to me.

Well that two for starters. Any more? This thread tends to suggest there are.

Who do you consider to be the evangelicals?

I am still waiting for Jordinho to list who he claims to be the "exclusively pro Sherwood" phalanx.

The fact that there are a lot of posts complaining that people are prejudiced against Sherwood or unwilling to give him time doesn't mean that's actually the case.

I used that term because I didn't see much that warranted the posts from you and others about vitriol and rushed judgments. There were some posts made immediately after the City match that were a little OTT, but you'll find far, far worse in the OMT aimed at pretty much everyone involved, from players to backroom staff to Levy.

Most posters, whether they're undividedly positive or have some reservations, are only posting about what we're all seeing from game to game. I don't see why we can't mention anything negative without being told we're not giving him a chance.

can we please cut out the pro/anti phalanx stuff - not picking and choosing targets here, everyone ffs cut it out it's bull**** and serves no positive purpose.

Fine by me. A positive note to end on.

A very perceptive young man by the name of Billy something said way back on 16th December in this very thread

" don't really get the hate - let him prove his worth if he is given the job and get behind him ffs"

Wise words.

Top post.

I pity him, that has nothing to do with his abilities (or lack of) as a manager. In fact, I only mentioned it to counter the continual assertion that I disliked him because of it. In fact, I dislike him because he ****ged of our club continually.

Not eaten at Marco's - used to like him before he did all the tv work, but like the Michelin inspectors, I believe that any chef spending too much time on tv isn't paying enough attention to their food.

I have to say I agree with you on that. I knew all about his power base at the club, and painfully remembered the Hoddle-cnuting he engaged in, not to mention the Setanta garbage. But being the 'support our manager' hypocrite being a supporter makes me, for his tenure as our manager I put it all to one side and look for positive stuff where I can see it. And right now…well…he has my support as I firmly believe if he had been anything less than the character he appears to be, this ship would've fallen apart.

I agree with this wholeheartedly - Ramsey's woefully average restaurant at The London Hotel in New York being a prime example, but I heartily recommend the Yew Tree for a nice country pub-style lunch. It's based on simple food cooked supremely, using the best ingredients. Simple stuff, but absolutely key. By the way, if you ever find yourself in Buenos Aires, check this place out. The atmosphere is fantastic and the food outstanding; their wine list? Marvelous. http://www.restaurantepatagoniasur.com

The fact that there are a lot of posts complaining that people are prejudiced against Sherwood or unwilling to give him time doesn't mean that's actually the case.

I used that term because I didn't see much that warranted the posts from you and others about vitriol and rushed judgments. There were some posts made immediately after the City match that were a little OTT, but you'll find far, far worse in the OMT aimed at pretty much everyone involved, from players to backroom staff to Levy.

Most posters, whether they're undividedly positive or have some reservations, are only posting about what we're all seeing from game to game. I don't see why we can't mention anything negative without being told we're not giving him a chance.

I am itching to have a go at that expression, but I'll resist and let it drop.

Lets hope all future posts are based JUST on salient football matters nothing else.

So you caveated it with his lack of experience and then used the word naive. Tautologous, no?

Fookin hell, I'm a reasonably educated bloke, I mean I've read books and stuff but I had to Google that one. Oh for the benefits of a British Public school education!

Guys,

Can we at least Tim Sherwood's time with us as the moment when we all learnt to debate the manager respectfully, as opposed to debate how the manager's being debated in relation to other managers who have been debated in fractured 'camps' here?

It's a chance to move forwards.

Tim Sherwood's blue & white army. Whatever we think, it's a fact. He is our manager. So come on Sherwood and come on you Spurs!

p.s. one thing I find amazing is that ELEMENTS of a manager's tenure cannot be criticized. Criticizing an element or two does not mean the manager is thus hated! I find Sherwood's persistence with Rose baffling and a major issue, but he still has my backing and there's a lot about what he's doing I admire.

=D>

Tim really must learn the Ten Commandments:

1 Thou shalt not lose

2 Thou shalt not lose

3 Thou shalt not lose

4 Thou shalt not lose

5 Thou shalt not lose

6 Thou shalt not lose

7 Thou shalt not lose

8 Thou shalt not lose

9 Thou shalt not lose

10 Thou shalt not lose

I am itching to have a go at that expression, but I'll resist and let it drop.

Lets hope all future posts are based JUST on salient football matters nothing else.

I'm not sure that was the exact word I was looking for, but it was the best I could think of.

My posts are getting deleted. No wonder no one can see the vitriol thrown at sherwood

Grimsby:- that assault you launched at sherwood before..the one that i responded to...can you find it? or is that gone as well?

Nah mate, didn't see it!! Are you blacking out and deleting your own posts? You ever blacked out and woke up and everyone in the room was dead?!

What are you saying there mate? I just want to make sure I don't misinterpret. Because Bentaleb is from Lille, France. Clearly Sherwood doesn't know much about foreign players.

Sorry mate, iPad posting, letters go missing :) Tim Sherwood has asaid a few times he doesn't know certain players (Capoue and Paulinho spring to mind) which I find idiotic (though I don't believe him, still idiotic), and that he knows Bentaleb really well. He said a couple of weeks ago that he thought Bentaleb was from harlow and was surpassed when he spoke French recently... Again, I don't believe him, but why would someone want to look like an idiot?!

Hopefully the next manager will unite us, like the last Dutch one did.

Sorry mate, iPad posting, letters go missing :) Tim Sherwood has asaid a few times he doesn't know certain players (Capoue and Paulinho spring to mind) which I find idiotic (though I don't believe him, still idiotic), and that he knows Bentaleb really well. He said a couple of weeks ago that he thought Bentaleb was from harlow and was surpassed when he spoke French recently... Again, I don't believe him, but why would someone want to look like an idiot?!

:eek:
He had to have been joking! Must have been a joke...please?

Tim really must learn the Ten Commandments:

1 Thou shalt not lose

2 Thou shalt not lose

3 Thou shalt not lose

4 Thou shalt not lose

5 Thou shalt not lose

6 Thou shalt not lose

7 Thou shalt not lose

8 Thou shalt not lose

9 Thou shalt not lose

10 Thou shalt not lose

Em that's completely contradictory to the philosophy of the club.

Back