• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Im a bit confused here guys - Ive generally tried to keep out of this thread/discussion as it's quite obvious where it's heading. although i have dipped in a bit since i got back from the City game to gauge what the general train of thought was - ive seen a few posts from disgruntled posters that aren't happy with the stick Sherwood has come in for since the game, accusing people of waiting until the first loss in the league before falling over themselves to give him a lashing, so looking at the volume of these types of posts pointing the finger i thought id head back to page 162 - where the City game finished and have a look for these juicy posts where Sherwood is getting a right unfair pasting from posters who couldn't wait to lay in to him ....one of the very first posts after the game had finished uses Shambolic to describe the performance - 5-1 defeat at home? i think i can let that slide, seems quite an accurate description of the nights events if you ask me - a few unpleasantness aimed at Sherwood in the same post - these pique my interest and are a sure fire sign of things to come "Tim is utterly clueless" ... "super duper tim thinks" ... "he's showing he's just utterly terrible!!" ok now we're on to something, they're all contained in the same post, the same post which came minutes after the final whistle so could bechalked up as a red mist/heat of the moment tirade so i press on in to the thread hoping for some more concrete evidence of this wave of hate directed at poor Tim Sherwood, but the strangest thing happened - i never really came across anything remotely like what had been described by several posters later on in the thread - Pirate55, Craig_J and a couple of others i can't remember off the top of my head. all the criticism was more or less fair/constructive and aimed at particular things specific to the game at hand (with the odd GutterBoy classic thrown in as well) - a couple of posters calling him stubborn, naive and so on - certainly nothing OTT.

so i dunno maybe someone like craig_j or those that agreed with his post labeling people "Absoloutley pathetic, disgusting, disgraceful and with no class what so ever" could shed some light on who exactly we are talking about here because for the life of me i couldn't find any such posts in the wake of the City game - it's funny there seems to be more discussion about AVB than Sherwood (fancy that, GG harking back to a previous manager :lol: ) and probably more posts calling others out than there is actually anyone talking about the game.

link to page 162, where the supposed ugliness began http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5527-Tim-Sherwood-Head-Coach/page162

My posts are getting deleted. No wonder no one can see the vitriol thrown at sherwood

Grimsby:- that assault you launched at sherwood before..the one that i responded to...can you find it? or is that gone as well?

I haven't seen any deleted posts from you in this thread AS, going back to the page 162 at least - perhaps the post you are referring to is in the OMT maybe?

good team spirit there Capoue

Good job, keep up the good work

Don't want to judge him so early but not overly impressed with what I see. One dimensional and if having him there is disruptive or potentially stunts Bentaleb's development then I would sell him on.

It is too early to get excited about Bentaleb but he has shown more to me in the games he has played despite his age and lack of experience by comparison to Capoue.

Im a bit confused here guys - Ive generally tried to keep out of this thread/discussion as it's quite obvious where it's heading. although i have dipped in a bit since i got back from the City game to gauge what the general train of thought was - ive seen a few posts from disgruntled posters that aren't happy with the stick Sherwood has come in for since the game, accusing people of waiting until the first loss in the league before falling over themselves to give him a lashing, so looking at the volume of these types of posts pointing the finger i thought id head back to page 162 - where the City game finished and have a look for these juicy posts where Sherwood is getting a right unfair pasting from posters who couldn't wait to lay in to him ....one of the very first posts after the game had finished uses Shambolic to describe the performance - 5-1 defeat at home? i think i can let that slide, seems quite an accurate description of the nights events if you ask me - a few unpleasantness aimed at Sherwood in the same post - these pique my interest and are a sure fire sign of things to come "Tim is utterly clueless" ... "super duper tim thinks" ... "he's showing he's just utterly terrible!!" ok now we're on to something, they're all contained in the same post, the same post which came minutes after the final whistle so could bechalked up as a red mist/heat of the moment tirade so i press on in to the thread hoping for some more concrete evidence of this wave of hate directed at poor Tim Sherwood, but the strangest thing happened - i never really came across anything remotely like what had been described by several posters later on in the thread - Pirate55, Craig_J and a couple of others i can't remember off the top of my head. all the criticism was more or less fair/constructive and aimed at particular things specific to the game at hand (with the odd GutterBoy classic thrown in as well) - a couple of posters calling him stubborn, naive and so on - certainly nothing OTT.

so i dunno maybe someone like craig_j or those that agreed with his post labeling people "Absoloutley pathetic, disgusting, disgraceful and with no class what so ever" could shed some light on who exactly we are talking about here because for the life of me i couldn't find any such posts in the wake of the City game - it's funny there seems to be more discussion about AVB than Sherwood (fancy that, GG harking back to a previous manager :lol: ) and probably more posts calling others out than there is actually anyone talking about the game.

link to page 162, where the supposed ugliness began http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php/5527-Tim-Sherwood-Head-Coach/page162

You need to read the whole of this thread to look at the context.

Here are just a selection of the comments:

Shambolic,.... utterly clueless, .....out of his depth, ....naive , ....stubborn in what kind of players he picks over other "better players" as if he is trying to prove a point,.... as soon as I saw the starting line up I knew we'd get pummeled and we did, .....tonight he failed miserably, ....until he shows that he knows what he is doing......hopefully we select a professional (as manager) next time, .....a rabbit in the headlights....his tactics stink.

And this is leaving out GB's Bon mots on Sherwood!!!!!!!!

Some are legitimate opinions on tactics, team selection etc, but hardly fair after so few games to judge him IMO.

Other comments are based on arrant, prejudicial bias just culminating on the excuse of the City game. They are often accompanied with the derogatory epithet "Timmey" to reinforce the posters' stance.

It appears to me there is no such thing as the "exclusively pro Timmey" phalanx as Jordinho calls it. Just sensible people willing to give TS a fair chance BEFORE judging him. He may be a Cloughie or a Duffer - no one can tell at this point. Other people on the other hand seem to have already come to a conclusion.

ok Pirate, i'll bite, I used the word naive in a post after the game, if this reference wasn't to me I apologise, if it was, I posted that I thought his selection for the game was naive, it wasn't a critique of his management career and contained a caveat about his inexperience, i consider it a fair minded post and certainly not a "pummelling" of TS

You need to read the whole of this thread to look at the context.

Here are just a selection of the comments:

Shambolic,.... utterly clueless, .....out of his depth, ....naive , ....stubborn in what kind of players he picks over other "better players" as if he is trying to prove a point,.... as soon as I saw the starting line up I knew we'd get pummeled and we did, .....tonight he failed miserably, ....until he shows that he knows what he is doing......hopefully we select a professional (as manager) next time, .....a rabbit in the headlights....his tactics stink.

And this is leaving out GB's Bon mots on Sherwood!!!!!!!!

Some are legitimate opinions on tactics, team selection etc, but hardly fair after so few games to judge him IMO.

Other comments are based on arrant, prejudicial bias just culminating on the excuse of the City game. They are often accompanied with the derogatory epithet "Timmey" to reinforce the posters' stance.

It appears to me there is no such thing as the "exclusively pro Timmey" phalanx as Jordinho calls it. Just sensible people willing to give TS a fair chance BEFORE judging him. He may be a Cloughie or a Duffer - no one can tell at this point. Other people on the other hand seem to have already come to a conclusion.

Those comments are nothing compared to what has been aimed at our previous managers, but why not post what you think he's getting right, why some things aren't working now, but may work in the future, why he deserves time, etc. if you disagree with someone's post. Nobody deserves time just for the sake of it. What is a fair chance, how long do we have to wait before we're allowed to talk about anything that goes wrong, things we don't agree with? As I've said before, every game we play is another 90 minutes of data to "analyze".

Just sensible people willing to give TS a fair chance BEFORE judging him. He may be a Cloughie or a Duffer - no one can tell at this point. Other people on the other hand seem to have already come to a conclusion.

Who's the prejudiced one?

that's hardly a conclusive example of a biased tirade against a manager in the wake of a poor result and performance, as i stated - most if not all of those are legitimate points to be raised under the circumstances - that being us on the receiving end of a thrashing at home with an inexperienced manager. Sherwood has little to no past experience in these circumstances - managing a side aiming for top four and on Wednesday up against a world class footballing side stacked to the brim with elite footballers - is it unfair to suggest that he was indeed out of his depth in this particular game? i don't think that is an unreasonable suggestion, he is after all being thrown in at the deep end, which i think everyone would agree on - is it also a totally alien idea that someone would have looked at tonight's game and thought - we're on for a bit of a pasting tonight? i wonder what the odds on City to win -2 were...

of course a couple of those are unfair - tactics stink if he's referring to more than Wednesday and a professional next time, but without context i cannot go further.

just to add : i think that anyone who is writing him off based on one performance is being entirely unfair, what i have seen though since the City game is criticism of that particular performance - not many, if any, using it as a benchmark to base their opinions of his abilities on.

So we are believing Goal.com now??? even when he never actually said what the headline suggests?? Seriously folks take a brick from this and get behind the manager of OUR team. If people hate him so much then why bother paying any attention to him, instead of trolling round trying to find random made up articles to try and imply he is a racist!! Which im sure the poster realises is actually extremely dangerous ground to go on.

ok Pirate, i'll bite, I used the word naive in a post after the game, if this reference wasn't to me I apologise, if it was, I posted that I thought his selection for the game was naive, it wasn't a critique of his management career and contained a caveat about his inexperience, i consider it a fair minded post and certainly not a "pummelling" of TS

And that's why I said some are legitimate comments, and others are agenda driven.

The word "naive" is somewhat loaded though....

Being in limbo with the fans, Sherwood should be a bit more careful with his comments.
Fans want more signings, always does, and Sherwood isn't making it any easier on himself saying he don't want any more players and that it is his desicion.
That he has told Levy not to sign anyone. If results doesnt go his way, or if injuries lead to us actually having needed more depth at left back or up front ...

Those comments are nothing compared to what has been aimed at our previous managers, but why not post what you think he's getting right, why some things aren't working now, but may work in the future, why he deserves time, etc. if you disagree with someone's post. Nobody deserves time just for the sake of it. What is a fair chance, how long do we have to wait before we're allowed to talk about anything that goes wrong, things we don't agree with? As I've said before, every game we play is another 90 minutes of data to "analyze".

Just sensible people willing to give TS a fair chance BEFORE judging him. He may be a Cloughie or a Duffer - no one can tell at this point. Other people on the other hand seem to have already come to a conclusion.

Who's the prejudiced one?

It's about being fair or unfair. I consider those willing to give TS a chance are being fair and those not willing to do so to be unfair. It has nothing to do with prejudice. The only prejudiced ones are those who have pre- formed views about the man based on non footballing agendas and not on his time as manager.

BTW, you still haven't answered my question as to who you consider to be "the exclusively pro Timmey phalanx". Please name names if you are to throw out the sort of generalisations you accuse others of making.

Back