• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Totally and utterly false...btw i swear you said just a week ago you didn't even watch the game?

I watched up until the sending off and I have seen the highlights.

Goal 1 individual mistake defensively - we had the numbers to defend and they certainly weren't walking through us.
Goal 2 Long ball into the channel stretched us, goal from the rebound

The 15 minutes from half time until the sending off saw us with 57% possession, 4 shots (as many as in the whole City match), 81% pass completion and twice as many passes as Liverpool, 3 interceptions in the screening area that apparently no longer exists, 8 crosses and a lot of penetration on the left wing. Overall, a good 15 mins.

Then Suarez's bitchy little scream gets Paulinho sent off and it all changes.

That just illustrates the lack of rational analysis.

If you are to isolate the variables, why would you choose west ham? But then if your main aim is to show someone in bad light, the exercise is pointless anyway. Why not step back, remove your bias, and try and evaluate Sherwood's actions in a fair balanced manner?

Why isolate it to City? He's made the same massive mistake in every match so far. We've been incredibly lucky to get away with it so far, last night we didn't.

The anti Sherwood phalanx keep talking about how different it would have been with a 'sitter' protecting the back 4.............conveniently forgetting that we did exactly that against them a few months back, what was the score?

We competed in that game (first half especially), but kept shooting ourselves in the foot at the back. Yesterday we didn't even compete.

We have seen Palace boss the first half an hour against us

Swansea arguably and of course city yesterday...

Only one team had the quality to capitalise on that and they cost £500M

You can't compare city to Liverpool for me although both sides put in excellent performances we were completely spineless and gutless against Liverpool but yesterday despite the early gulf in class we kept plugging away and showed character.

Liverpool played some great balls over and past our defenders and bypassed our midfielders. City just passed the ball to anyone of the 8 attacking outlets the had incredibly well and took advantage of it.

Even with a holding midfielder the way they're were passing they could have bypassed him IMO

I watched up until the sending off and I have seen the highlights.

Goal 1 individual mistake defensively - we had the numbers to defend and they certainly weren't walking through us.
Goal 2 Long ball into the channel stretched us, goal from the rebound

The 15 minutes from half time until the sending off saw us with 57% possession, 4 shots (as many as in the whole City match), 81% pass completion and twice as many passes as Liverpool, 3 interceptions in the screening area that apparently no longer exists, 8 crosses and a lot of penetration on the left wing. Overall, a good 15 mins.

Then Suarez's bitchy little scream gets Paulinho sent off and it all changes.

Ok Scaramanga....

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't you say (when i accused you of criticising Dawson a lot) that you didn't criticise him in the Liverpool game because you didn't even see the game? now you saw it up to the sending off (and highlights)...meaning you did see it...meaning you could have indeed criticsed Dawson?

If those are legit stats then i thank GHod i pay little to no attention to them. They tore us a new arsehole even before the sending off, cut through us at will (centrally..not on the wings may i add), dictated play, it was embarrassing.

Ok Scaramanga....

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't you say (when i accused you of criticising Dawson a lot) that you didn't criticise him in the Liverpool game because you didn't even see the game? now you saw it up to the sending off (and highlights)...meaning you did see it...meaning you could have indeed criticsed Dawson?

If those are legit stats then i thank GHod i pay little to no attention to them. They tore us a new arsehole even before the sending off, cut through us at will (centrally..not on the wings may i add), dictated play, it was embarrassing.

Yet we could have go in at half time at 1-1. So we were in the game yesterday. We needed some luck, but had two contentious decisions go against us.

I'm talking about the Liverpool game mate.

I see :) That's what happens when you're trying to keep it on the ld at work :) Manc tore into us first half as well. Was it a new system? that they are very good? Or that we need to work on defensive shape? All of the above imo. Interesting to hear that Peligrini who sets an attacking team, say that they focus most on defending. And you see when not in possession, they get back into a tight shape and make it very difficult. Hence their success. No doubt there is work to do for us. The next couple of months will see if Sherwood can address these kind of things.

Ok Scaramanga....

I have a 9 month old son, unfortunately I miss chunks of matches now where I would normally be a bit more attentive - that chunk was a part of that. I also missed after then sending off, but I was quite happy to miss that bit.

Take a look again at the match - there's so much of their play that goes into the channels. It's not just us, that's how they play - ball over the top to Suarez/Sturridge, beat their man, goal.

And watch the 15 mins after half time too - we had every chance of getting back into that game and were by far the better side until the sending off.

It's come to this where we Spurs fans are now arguing with gusto I may add, which of our recent thrashings we find most palatable. :frown:

The anti Sherwood phalanx keep talking about how different it would have been with a 'sitter' protecting the back 4.............conveniently forgetting that we did exactly that against them a few months back, what was the score?

Don't let facts affect the obvious anti-Sherwood bias.

We've all been wating for this moment with bated breath, oh dear we got shafted by Emirates Marketing Project. But then again they put 6 past ****nal as well.

Let's just say there'll be no agreement ever in this thread as long as fact and fiction get rolled into one. Sherwood will always be ridiculed for his dress sense and accent as much as this apparent lack of guile, finesse and elegance required to manage Spurs. I'll take this loss alongside the wins he's produced for us in the league and if we continue the same pattern through 'til May then CL football awaits. Perhaps we can then spend that money on elocution lessons and a Gucci suit for him.

Absoloutley pathetic, disgusting, disgraceful and no class what so ever. And I'm talking about the anti-Sherwood phalanx here, not the manager.

Swear at one point our fans had some class, now I'm beginning to see why rival fans have the impression Spurs fans are deluded if they carry on as they do at times online.

Take it people would rather us play 4-5-1, create no chances, full on George Graham-esque football and chant '1-0 to the Tottenham' on the rare (and I don't mean that lightly) occasion it works then see someone actually attempt to give it a go, even with players out injured, and make an effort to do it the Tottenham way.

Thought to dare is to do was our motto. I can't see how some can be pleased.

This is the first post I've made after viewing the forum for a number of years. The reason I've finally decided to post is that I'm so tired of supposed Spurs supporters who will always find a reason to hate some part of this club and this is normally the manager. FFS support the team, the reality is that there are 2/3 teams way better than us. They have more money can pay better wages and therefore get better players. City are in a different class to us and yet having lost to them with a **** decision for the pen (we would have still lost but not 5-1)people want to sack the manager. I actually get the impression that some posters are happy when we lose so they can have another dig

Post more often mate, this forum can do with an injection of sense and brain cells.

Don't let facts affect the obvious anti-Sherwood bias.

We've all been wating for this moment with bated breath, oh dear we got shafted by Emirates Marketing Project. But then again they put 6 past ****nal as well.

Let's just say there'll be no agreement ever in this thread as long as fact and fiction get rolled into one. Sherwood will always be ridiculed for his dress sense and accent as much as this apparent lack of guile, finesse and elegance required to manage Spurs. I'll take this loss alongside the wins he's produced for us in the league and if we continue the same pattern through 'til May then CL football awaits. Perhaps we can then spend that money on elocution lessons and a Gucci suit for him.

If Sherwood ever wins the league with us he'll be slated for not winning the African Cup of Nations.

Absoloutley pathetic, disgusting, disgraceful and no class what so ever. And I'm talking about the anti-Sherwood phalanx here, not the manager.

Swear at one point our fans had some class, now I'm beginning to see why rival fans have the impression Spurs fans are deluded if they carry on as they do at times online.

Take it people would rather us play 4-5-1, create no chances, full on George Graham-esque football and chant '1-0 to the Tottenham' on the rare (and I don't mean that lightly) occasion it works then see someone actually attempt to give it a go, even with players out injured, and make an effort to do it the Tottenham way.

I've been watching us since the late 80s and 'lambs to the slaughter' or 'soft-centred' would be far more apt.

We're really on the slippery slope to becoming the new Aston Villa at this moment in time.

Post more often mate, this forum can do with an injection of sense and brain cells.

This

I've been watching us since the late 80s and 'lambs to the slaughter' or 'soft-centred' would be far more apt.

We're really on the slippery slope to becoming the new Aston Villa at this moment in time.

Serious relegation fears??

Where as under your 'special friend' AVB we were so much better, relentless and striking fear into anyone who crossed our path as they faced the daunting task of boosting up the goal difference.

Give it a rest already.

Back