• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

So you put a square peg into a round hole to fix something you know can't be fixed. Hmmm and you think "Timmeh" is tactically inept.

theres nothing that can't be fixed, and a square peg still leaves gaps in a round hole admittedly, but it does reduce the flow somewhat

theres nothing that can't be fixed, and a square peg still leaves gaps in a round hole admittedly, but it does reduce the flow somewhat

Or it cracks under the pressure and let's a flood through. Which is what happened yesterday.

Or it cracks under the pressure and let's a flood through. Which is what happened yesterday.

What happened yesterday (to continue the analogy) is that nobody put any kind of peg at all in the hole.

Please tell me what you would have done? The starting 11 basically picked itself what Chadli was doing so much he deserved a start over Siggy? Bentaleb wasn't great but for me was better than Capoue. Almost EVERYONE on here agreed two strikers was suicide. How did we go gung ho? We hardly had a kick of the ball the first 30 minutes I don't see how you put that on Sherwood unless you put a hell of alot of stock in pre-match motivational speech

I agree although I think two up front wouldn't have hurt as Siggy offered absolutely nothing at all. Until we get Townsend back on the left I'd like to see Holtby played there

We were dominated for 25/30 minutes and should have been a couple behind, pretty much like Swansea except against a much better side

Then we really got back into the game. Surely even the Timmy haters condo see that

The game changed completely in two decisions that we're wrong, and the penalty was basically a fabrication of a foul by an awful lino

I don't know what else Sherwood could have done team wise really. Play Capoue who looks we fully off the pace?? Play 6 in midfield and no forward???

He played the team that I think he should have played other than left mid. City despite their early dominance had only scored the 1 goal upto the sending off. hart hadn't really had a save to make but we had a lot of the ball until the card...

Personally I'd've stated Capoue, Dembele and Holtby as a flat 3 across midfield with Eriksen and Lennon in behind Ade.

I'm not saying we would have won the game like that, but we'd at least have been able to get the ball and shield our CBs.

That first 35-40 minutes was about the most one-side contest I can remember seeing in the EPL. It was like watching a first team play the U16s.

I agree although I think two up front wouldn't have hurt as Siggy offered absolutely nothing at all. Until we get Townsend back on the left I'd like to see Holtby played there

We were dominated for 25/30 minutes and should have been a couple behind, pretty much like Swansea except against a much better side

Then we really got back into the game. Surely even the Timmy haters condo see that

The game changed completely in two decisions that we're wrong, and the penalty was basically a fabrication of a foul by an awful lino

I don't know what else Sherwood could have done team wise really. Play Capoue who looks we fully off the pace?? Play 6 in midfield and no forward???

He played the team that I think he should have played other than left mid. City despite their early dominance had only scored the 1 goal upto the sending off. hart hadn't really had a save to make but we had a lot of the ball until the card...

You're right that we got buttfvcked for the first 30 mins.

Here's our shot map for the 30-45 minute period where we "really got back into the game":
shots.jpg

Now that doesn't tell the whole story. Sometimes teams (like Woolwich) can have lots of dangerous possession without taking shots. Except we actually just had the ball where City wanted us to (anyone remember resting periods?):
passes.jpg

That period where we "really got back into the game" was simply us running about a bit at 100mph whilst City (in full control of the game at all times) eased off a little on the pressing and just controlled for a bit.

People have been voicing the same concerns since he was appointed.

Opinions on how TS dresses and how he sounds are not credible opinions and akin to immature attacks which I would have thought those people were more mature - I suppose not.

Opinions on his lack of managerial experience have some foundation however as much as an inexperienced manager is likely to fail so is an experienced one - we have seen it.

What happened yesterday (to continue the analogy) is that nobody put any kind of peg at all in the hole.

No - what happened yesterday is the damn hangover from the previous regime. Blah blah blah statistics statistics statistics, we let in goals before TS and we let in goals with TS in charge. However, TS has had six weeks, the previous rgeime has a year and a half. thats the crux.

Opinions on how TS dresses and how he sounds are not credible opinions and akin to immature attacks which I would have thought those people were more mature - I suppose not.

Opinions on his lack of managerial experience have some foundation however as much as an inexperienced manager is likely to fail so is an experienced one - we have seen it.

But "likely to fail" isn't even in both circumstances.

There are some amateurs who turn out to be good, but that's massively outweighed by the number that are (as you'd expect) inexperienced and naive. There are also some experienced managers who fail, but on the whole experienced managers (of a certain quality) will perform better than inexperienced ones.

As every managerial appointment is a risk, the only sensible thing to do is minimise that risk as much as possible.

But "likely to fail" isn't even in both circumstances.

There are some amateurs who turn out to be good, but that's massively outweighed by the number that are (as you'd expect) inexperienced and naive. There are also some experienced managers who fail, but on the whole experienced managers (of a certain quality) will perform better than inexperienced ones.

As every managerial appointment is a risk, the only sensible thing to do is minimise that risk as much as possible.

Its all very well being 'rational' analytical etc but if you have a predetermined bias you'll only present what your prejudice dictates.

ManC are a team who have clicked, who have confidence, and have great ability. Comparing and criticising Sherwood by comparing us to them, when he's been in charge a handful of games is churlish. If you were really rational you would take into account the bigger picture.

You're right that we got buttfvcked for the first 30 mins.

Here's our shot map for the 30-45 minute period where we "really got back into the game":
View attachment 1815

Now that doesn't tell the whole story. Sometimes teams (like Woolwich) can have lots of dangerous possession without taking shots. Except we actually just had the ball where City wanted us to (anyone remember resting periods?):
View attachment 1816

That period where we "really got back into the game" was simply us running about a bit at 100mph whilst City (in full control of the game at all times) eased off a little on the pressing and just controlled for a bit.

Can you provide the same maps for the Liverpool game please?

The anti Sherwood phalanx keep talking about how different it would have been with a 'sitter' protecting the back 4.............conveniently forgetting that we did exactly that against them a few months back, what was the score?

Its all very well being 'rational' analytical etc but if you have a predetermined bias you'll only present what your prejudice dictates.

ManC are a team who have clicked, who have confidence, and have great ability. Comparing and criticising Sherwood by comparing us to them, when he's been in charge a handful of games is churlish. If you were really rational you would take into account the bigger picture.

OK, shall we compare him to West Ham?

Can you provide the same maps for the Liverpool game please?

Regarding the shot maps we had more than twice as many shots against Liverpool as we did against City - all but two from inside the box and one of those two was so close to the line I'm not even sure. Basically, there aren't any 11v11 periods in the Liverpool match where our chances were so scarce.

Regarding the passing stats, again, the first 15 mins is pretty much the same as against City (except we created more chances). Then 15-45 is pretty decent, with more of the ball in the final 3rd than I though. The 15 mins after Paulinho gets sent off is pretty much a horror show but then we get a little bit back into the final 3rd for the last 15 mins.

Regarding the shot maps we had more than twice as many shots against Liverpool as we did against City - all but two from inside the box and one of those two was so close to the line I'm not even sure. Basically, there aren't any 11v11 periods in the Liverpool match where our chances were so scarce.

Regarding the passing stats, again, the first 15 mins is pretty much the same as against City (except we created more chances). Then 15-45 is pretty decent, with more of the ball in the final 3rd than I though. The 15 mins after Paulinho gets sent off is pretty much a horror show but then we get a little bit back into the final 3rd for the last 15 mins.

Ok then that clarifies it for me.....these maps mean diddly squat. Everyone that saw the Pool game could see they were in complete control from the start and opened us up continuously. It was just as bad (if not worse) than yesterday.

The anti Sherwood phalanx keep talking about how different it would have been with a 'sitter' protecting the back 4.............conveniently forgetting that we did exactly that against them a few months back, what was the score?

Although we had more than 3 times as many shots in that match from "defensive" AVB.

We also had 1.5 times as many passes and at a completion rate of 85% rather than 79%. 49% possession vs 40%

Both matches were ****, we were just a little less **** (combined with City knowing how to find the goal) under AVB.

Ok then that clarifies it for me.....these maps mean diddly squat. Everyone that saw the Pool game could see they were in complete control from the start and opened us up continuously. It was just as bad (if not worse) than yesterday.

Pool opened us up with balls into the channels over the top of us on the break.

They only properly controlled the match (as in keeping the ball) after the sending off.

Pool opened us up with balls into the channels over the top of us on the break.

They only properly controlled the match (as in keeping the ball) after the sending off.

Totally and utterly false...btw i swear you said just a week ago you didn't even watch the game?

OK, shall we compare him to West Ham?

That just illustrates the lack of rational analysis.

If you are to isolate the variables, why would you choose west ham? But then if your main aim is to show someone in bad light, the exercise is pointless anyway. Why not step back, remove your bias, and try and evaluate Sherwood's actions in a fair balanced manner?

Totally and utterly false...btw i swear you said just a week ago you didn't even watch the game?

I can recall that the first goal came as a result of Skrtel hacking it long over the top, where Suarez out muscled our defenders.

Back