• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Those are the key words. Just wait for a poor performance or result though. Lets see. I hope you are right.

Yes pirate it seems you were right about the quick u turn in responses. though it might take a mission to trawl through these pages and find everyone who arent the obvious ones

MoonlitKnight was a bit of a visionary, i see this now why he used to actually save people's posts and pull them out when necessary

jeez i wouldnt like to go down that route but looks like it might be necessary in order to make even obvious points.

Certainly.

It would also be even handed of you to ask the Timmey bashers to equally refrain from " making generalized attacks" and posting prejudicial nonsense. I refer you in particular to the first post on this thread as an example.

I've spoken to the OP a couple of times on the board about his posts on Sherwood and you have no idea what is said behind closed doors.

there are too many of them , i should start a dialogue with every single one?

I'd like to echo also pirate's comment in that i am sure there is more than one person making generalised comments in the opposite direction

i'd be happy to find those for you but i wouldn't want to make a full time job of it or be the one 'narcing' (sp?) on people constantly as i do think these people have a right to think what they want

The admin team try to be even handed and I can assure you that we have spoken to people with the polar opposite view to yours about their posting.

This isn't about view points, it is about trying to get people to talk about football in a way that doesn't mean that the place descends into an argument every five minutes. Everyone has a role to play in making sure that doesn't happen but we can only be responsible for our own posts.

I've spoken to the OP a couple of times on the board about his posts on Sherwood and you have no idea what is said behind closed doors.

This is something i don't get. Why is it "behind closed doors" every time it's in relation to Sherwood being torn apart by certain posters relentlessly ....but it's made public near enough all the time when a poster/posters complains about the constant posts directed at Sherwood?

Tbh i'm still a bit annoyed that i was told to quit jumping on the posts of a certain poster that makes it his life time goal to ridicule the manager AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. I accept when you tell me to stop when i'm in the wrong...but has it really come to the point where i can't even point out the ridiculous nature of someone posts (that is spreading this **** through EVERY thread). If he's allowed to express his opinion at every opportunity, surely we're allowed to counter it...or even ridicule it within reason.

Looks like i was right, people waited for the ONE LOSS before baring their teeth

must have been sharpening it for weeks tbf

As Jordinho said, I don't see anyone that's waited for this loss before criticising Timmeh.

As far as I can see it's the same arguments the same people have been making since he was appointed (or at least his first couple of matches).

I agree, people have been raising concerns about the gap between the D and the MF for a while now, when it plays out people are going to come on here and say I told you so.

That has been the case for years irrespective of who the manager is.

As Jordinho said, I don't see anyone that's waited for this loss before criticising Timmeh.

As far as I can see it's the same arguments the same people have been making since he was appointed (or at least his first couple of matches).

Nope, i'm talking about the comments of "he has done alright so far" (16 points from 18 in top flight is 'alright') "but lets wait till the city game"...city game comes out and "SEE!!!"

to be honest....even those, such as yourself for instance, that have made what i consider baseless criticism of the man before he was even here a week have had nothing to really dig into about...this one blip and then you are out in force. its okay though...when my manager gets back to winning ways then it'll be coming back in the other direction..praises everywhere and good old established mention that he puts the people that criticised him before giving him a chance back in their corners for a bit

yesterday was dissapointing though, for me it was a blatant fear factor merged in with sticking with certain players that shouldnt have played....do i judge him on the one game? Nope.......i need more numbers than that...even when avb got thrashed at etihad..i acknowledged that as either a blip or something going on in the back room which had little to do with his managerial ability from a tactical sense

ONE game where things were dissapointing , ONE game...and the those arguments are all of a sudden valid? that doesnt compute as fair to me

I agree, people have been raising concerns about the gap between the D and the MF for a while now, when it plays out people are going to come on here and say I told you so.

That has been the case for years irrespective of who the manager is.

but the gap got closed in certain games...it isnt always there...plus wwe have certain players out that are key to that gap being minimised. but the gap was HUGE yesterday for reasons i'll get into if anyone is bothered......that game with a huge gap trumps that ones where the gap isnt as big?

Had this defeat been under AVB would those same knives be visible?

We've lost one game in the league under "Timmeh" (GHod I hate the derogatory tone implied there) against a team that is scoring for fun lay off him a little and give him the same time you were all prepared to give AVB.

but the gap got closed in certain games...it isnt always there...plus wwe have certain players out that are key to that gap being minimised. but the gap was HUGE yesterday for reasons i'll get into if anyone is bothered......that game with a huge gap trumps that ones where the gap isnt as big?

is it that the gap was closed or the opposition didn't have a player capable of exploiting it?

is it that the gap was closed or the opposition didn't have a player capable of exploiting it?

probably both, i cant remember....all the games..i do know though that the gap was not big against swansea...did you moan then?

do you factor in sandro's injury?

probably both, i cant remember....all the games..i do know though that the gap was not big against swansea...did you moan then?

am I moaning now, I think i'm making reasonable points regarding opinions posted on here over the last 2 months

If the gap's been closed a little in some games (I'd say for about half of two matches off the top of my head) then wouldn't that suggest instructions are causing the players to leave those gaps?

And if so, what does that say about those instructions in a time when just about every team has a "number 10" type player?

If the gap's been closed a little in some games (I'd say for about half of two matches off the top of my head) then wouldn't that suggest instructions are causing the players to leave those gaps?

And if so, what does that say about those instructions in a time when just about every team has a "number 10" type player?

teams do have a number 10 type player..the quality on show against us yesterday was lob sided to say the least..two world class players in midfield feeding a world class striker

look i'm not saying that yesterday wasnt a failure in many aspects of the game.....BUT the one game where that issue is a bad issue shouldnt be the game that vindicates the other games where it wasnt an issue to begin with

teams do have a number 10 type player..the quality on show against us yesterday was lob sided to say the least..two world class players in midfield feeding a world class striker

look i'm not saying that yesterday wasnt a failure in many aspects of the game.....BUT the one game where that issue is a bad issue shouldnt be the game that vindicates the other games where it wasnt an issue to begin with

That takes me back to my point about it being the same issue from the same people.

I (and others) have been complaining for a few matches that we've been incredibly lucky not to concede a fvckpile of goals with nobody screening the defence. Not a defensive midfielder even, just someone to slow down the opposition when running at us or someone to close off the simplest passing angle from which to score.

City probably would have won even if we did have someone screening because Sandro is our best player at it and he's not fit. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have tried though, and it doesn't mean that the same problem that has been there for weeks is looking like getting fixed.

That takes me back to my point about it being the same issue from the same people.

I (and others) have been complaining for a few matches that we've been incredibly lucky not to concede a fvckpile of goals with nobody screening the defence. Not a defensive midfielder even, just someone to slow down the opposition when running at us or someone to close off the simplest passing angle from which to score.

City probably would have won even if we did have someone screening because Sandro is our best player at it and he's not fit. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have tried though, and it doesn't mean that the same problem that has been there for weeks is looking like getting fixed.

So you put a square peg into a round hole to fix something you know can't be fixed. Hmmm and you think "Timmeh" is tactically inept.

So you put a square peg into a round hole to fix something you know can't be fixed. Hmmm and you think "Timmeh" is tactically inept.

No, I (and many others) have repeatedly made the point that your screening player doesn't have to be a DM - hasn't had to since the 80s.

There's no reason why Bentaleb can't sit in the way Carrick does and there's no reason Capoue can't play alongside him if you want him to push further up (unless you're insisting on a four man midfield).

Back