• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Yet they beat us by a similar margin under Harry at home?!?!?

Then we went and won 11 on the spin

And that game today would not have been that scoreline with some half decent refereeing

City would probably have still own but we were the better team at the point of the sending off

It was actually 10 in 11, amazing nonetheless.

P11 W10 D1 F28 A8

Really could do with a repeat of something like that this season. It's funny you should bring it up though as that's what gives me hope, on three occasions this season we've been bent over a barrel yet there is only a 3 point gap between us and fourth, incredible when you thin about it.

**** of Sherwood, the linesman had a stinker so **** him of and take the fine, accuse him of taking a bung, don't make excuses for him. Wenger would have ****ged him off into next week and made sure he didn't run the line in the EPL for at least a fortnight. That is what the best managers do, that way the officials may think again next time. We've been an easy touch for officials for too long.

This, for me. And it's not just wenger that does this, all top mangers do. Make the officials think twice next time, why would you not?

I'm not sure it's just agendas being pushed, I think some people (me included) are in shock at how quickly the gap has widened in just 8 months. This time last year the thought of losing 5-1 at home to anyone would have been a joke.

This, too many big losses this season .. you can lose, but a true top 4 side cannot lose multiple times by large goal margins.

We may have points, but the GD shows the true story, something is wrong ...

This is the first post I've made after viewing the forum for a number of years. The reason I've finally decided to post is that I'm so tired of supposed Spurs supporters who will always find a reason to hate some part of this club and this is normally the manager. FFS support the team, the reality is that there are 2/3 teams way better than us. They have more money can pay better wages and therefore get better players. City are in a different class to us and yet having lost to them with a **** decision for the pen (we would have still lost but not 5-1)people want to sack the manager. I actually get the impression that some posters are happy when we lose so they can have another dig

A decent post.

I thought that aside from selecting Sigurdsson to start, he couldn't have done too much more with who he had available. He was not to know that half the side would play like weedy 13 year olds, out-muscled and out-fought for everything, and I think it's a credit to him that we hung in and clawed our way back into the game until Rose got his marching papers.

And with 10 men, it was men against boys. The pace and power City have now is phenomenal. I have never seen them as strong as they were earlier tonight. We have to write this off as a 'spare', look at the table, realize we are only 3 points off 4th and plug right back in.

EDIT: Just read Raziel's post and sadly have to say I agree. All we can do is support the manager, support the team and see where we are at the end of the season...

Was slowly gaining some confidence in Tim but that has all drained tonight. The fella looked like a rabbit in the headlights, not too dissimilar to AVB in his final game.

Firstly, his tactics stunk. I thought his pre-match presser where he said he would get us to attack them was a mind game, turned out we went absolutely gung f**king ho. Talk about handing it to your opponents on a plate.

His team selection was questionable. What had Sigurdsson done to earn a start? Eff all. Bentaleb is is a decent talent but putting him in against their midfield was daft.

His in-play changes, or lack thereof, were also not befitting of a good manager.

He's done well for us so far results wise with a great deal of fortune, now it's time for him to show he can gee the team up after a humiliation. Won't be easy.

Please tell me what you would have done? The starting 11 basically picked itself what Chadli was doing so much he deserved a start over Siggy? Bentaleb wasn't great but for me was better than Capoue. Almost EVERYONE on here agreed two strikers was suicide. How did we go gung ho? We hardly had a kick of the ball the first 30 minutes I don't see how you put that on Sherwood unless you put a hell of alot of stock in pre-match motivational speech

Some poor decisions team selection wise and tactically tonight from TS. Of course the decisions didn't help but it is hard to argue it would have made much difference to the final outcome if they'd only gone our way. City are just unstoppable right now. Last 12 games: Played 12, Won 11, Drawn 1, Lost 0, Goals For 40, Goals Against, 14. They are averaging nearly 3 and a half goals a game! That is just absurd. Compare that with their first 11 games before they beat us 6-0 at the Etihad: Played 11 Won 6 Drawn 1 Lost 4. So I'm far more relaxed about tonight than November when they were in patchy form. We've been here before too. They battered us 1-5 early in the season a few years back and we came back with 9 wins in the next 10 games and ended up in 4th. Same reaction again, please.

**** of Sherwood, the linesman had a stinker so **** him of and take the fine, accuse him of taking a bung, don't make excuses for him. Wenger would have ****ged him off into next week and made sure he didn't run the line in the EPL for at least a fortnight. That is what the best managers do, that way the officials may think again next time. We've been an easy touch for officials for too long.

This. My first major disappointment of the Tim Sherwood era. Don't know why he let them off so easily, but today was a perfect opportunity to show a bit of bite and venom, something us 'southern softies' have lacked since the bloody Cuban Missile Crisis. Yet he passes it up and presents our soft, mewling front to the world once again. That ref and that linesman must be laughing at how easy it is to get away with bad decisions at our place.

We will never become champions, never win things routinely, never do anything remotely consistently or successfully, as long as we fail to match our style with steel. Today was a chance to blow that 'easy to fudge things at the Lane' image away, but we dropped it. And Tim has to take the blame for that, if nothing else.

I think in a game where we were completely outplayed, its hard to imagine Tim coming out and blaming the ref/lino with a straight face without looking like an idiot. Maybe some other game, but seriously not this one.

I think in a game where we were completely outplayed, its hard to imagine Tim coming out and blaming the ref/lino with a straight face without looking like an idiot. Maybe some other game, but seriously not this one.

People don't tend to look into specifics very much. I agree, we were mullered from the first minute to the last, but the facts are these: we had a goal disallowed that would have put as at 1-1 on the basis of a very, very slight offside call, the correctness of which even Graham Poll doubted. Then, at 1-0 down, we had a player sent off and a penalty awarded by the very same linesman who had disallowed our earlier goal, a ludicrous decision given that Rose got the ball and almost none of the man.

At 2-0 down with ten men, it really was game over. At 1-0 down with eleven, it wasn't, first in the case of the offside goal and then in the build-up to the penalty award.

Tim's post-match excoriation could have been very simple. 'We weren't good enough over the full ninety minutes, but it's hard to blame the lads when they had to contend with being hampered by first a very questionable decision to cancel out our equalizer and then a ludicrously wrong decision to send off young Danny for a clean tackle. I'm extremely disappointed in the linesman's performance tonight, it was awful and it denied my players the chance to compete on an even footing with the best side in the league for the full ninety minutes.He's going to squirm a bit when he sees the replay, and well he should.'

None of the 'City are the best everrrr' ethos in Timmy's actual comments removed, but that bit of defeatism (we weren't on their level) replaced by a bit more tactical official-bashing. It would have made the linesman quiver a bit, and officiate more carefully the next time he showed up at the Lane. Now, he's probably laughing as he looks at the replay of the decision on TV and proclaiming 'ah well, can't get 'em all right'.

Again, opportunity missed.

People don't tend to look into specifics very much. I agree, we were mullered from the first minute to the last, but the facts are these: we had a goal disallowed that would have put as at 1-1 on the basis of a very, very slight offside call, the correctness of which even Graham Poll doubted. Then, at 1-0 down, we had a player sent off and a penalty awarded by the very same linesman who had disallowed our earlier goal, a ludicrous decision given that Rose got the ball and almost none of the man.

At 2-0 down with ten men, it really was game over. At 1-0 down with eleven, it wasn't, first in the case of the offside goal and then in the build-up to the penalty award.

Tim's post-match excoriation could have been very simple. 'We weren't good enough over the full ninety minutes, but it's hard to blame the lads when they had to contend with being hampered by first a very questionable decision to cancel out our equalizer and then a ludicrously wrong decision to send off young Danny for a clean tackle. I'm extremely disappointed in the linesman's performance tonight, it was awful and it denied my players the chance to compete on an even footing with the best side in the league for the full ninety minutes.He's going to squirm a bit when he sees the replay, and well he should.'

None of the 'City are the best everrrr' ethos in Timmy's actual comments removed, but that bit of defeatism (we weren't on their level) replaced by a bit more tactical official-bashing. It would have made the linesman quiver a bit, and officiate more carefully the next time he showed up at the Lane. Now, he's probably laughing as he looks at the replay of the decision on TV and proclaiming 'ah well, can't get 'em all right'.

I agree. All of the managers at the bigger and more successful clubs do this and it is for a reason.

Looks like i was right, people waited for the ONE LOSS before baring their teeth

must have been sharpening it for weeks tbf

This. My first major disappointment of the Tim Sherwood era. Don't know why he let them off so easily, but today was a perfect opportunity to show a bit of bite and venom, something us 'southern softies' have lacked since the bloody Cuban Missile Crisis. Yet he passes it up and presents our soft, mewling front to the world once again. That ref and that linesman must be laughing at how easy it is to get away with bad decisions at our place.

We will never become champions, never win things routinely, never do anything remotely consistently or successfully, as long as we fail to match our style with steel. Today was a chance to blow that 'easy to fudge things at the Lane' image away, but we dropped it. And Tim has to take the blame for that, if nothing else.

Strange how all our recent managers have been so easy with officials. Maybe its a directive from the club.

Very disappointed with his interview. We need to show that when wrong decisions potentially cost us points - or in this case cost us the opportunity to have a fair go at the best team in the league - we will get angry, we will cause a **** storm and we will attract unwanted, negative media attention to the referees. Would be worth a large fine and a three match ban for Sherwood any day.

Had this happened to ****, Chelski, Pool or United - or City under different circumstances - their manager would have made sure that the main topic after the game was these two decisions.

Had this happened to ****, Chelski, Pool or United - or City under different circumstances - their manager would have made sure that the main topic after the game was these two decisions.

100%. And people wonder why the big clubs always have decisions go their way.

Looks like i was right, people waited for the ONE LOSS before baring their teeth

must have been sharpening it for weeks tbf

Told you. They aren't prepared to give the guy a chance. First opportunity and they are moaning like Pamela Anderson would if I ever got hold of her! No allowance made for injuries to five first teamers, playing the best team in the League on red hot form, or two poor decisions by the Lino that meant we had to compete against them for almost an entire half with only 10 men. Reality check please Gentlemen.

Pirate/Affy. Is there any chance you can respond directly to posts or post your own views on the game rather than make generalised attacks on ill defined groups?

I would have preferred him to say this too. But then the Timmey bashers would have only said he was blaming the officials when in reality we were second best all night and accuse him of living in cloud cookoo land with no grip on reality. He was in a no win situation IMO.

Pirate/Affy. Is there any chance you can respond directly to posts or post your own views on the game rather than make generalised attacks on ill defined groups?

Certainly.

It would also be even handed of you to ask the Timmey bashers to equally refrain from " making generalized attacks" and posting prejudicial nonsense. I refer you in particular to the first post on this thread as an example.

there are too many of them , i should start a dialogue with every single one?

I'd like to echo also pirate's comment in that i am sure there is more than one person making generalised comments in the opposite direction

i'd be happy to find those for you but i wouldn't want to make a full time job of it or be the one 'narcing' (sp?) on people constantly as i do think these people have a right to think what they want

Back