• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

on a side note, is it just me is TS the long lost (weather worn) brother of Daniel Craig?

He had that look again didn't he. I think LVG could be signing that contract tomorrow.

Freund. Seven years more coaching experience than Timmeh and allegedly of a far more progressive approach.
LVG??? he is on his last legs, all he talks about is retiring after the world cup. There is not enough motivation there, even if he talks of possibly being persuaded by a PL job. He has one foot in the footballing retirement home, Spurs is a massive job that needs total commitment.

LVG??? he is on his last legs, all he talks about is retiring after the world cup. There is not enough motivation there, even if he talks of possibly being persuaded by a PL job. He has one foot in the footballing retirement home, Spurs is a massive job that needs total commitment.

Think he'll be just a year older than Redknapp was when Redknapp took our job. He also has a reputation for grooming proteges to succeed him (e.g. Guardiola, Mourinho, de Boer).

van Gaal's ego is his motivation. And the EPL is the one remaining thing he's not achieved in his career.

Most disappointed with Sig today and thought chiriches was off the pace. Capoue was meh. Too many times he was ambling back with the play already around our box. This happened against Arsenal too. His passing was limited to sideways. I really don't think he is good enough to be a holding midfielder. Watch the Rose penalty. Which ever city player it was literally waltzed passed him like he wasn't there. Tbh I was really concerned when dembele had to go off as he was starting to get into the game.

Agree on Capoue, Hawaiian attitude to the game...felt Vlad was trying to play football but not able to if. Anyone else who wanted to!

Think he'll be just a year older than Redknapp was when Redknapp took our job. He also has a reputation for grooming proteges to succeed him (e.g. Guardiola, Mourinho, de Boer).

van Gaal's ego is his motivation. And the EPL is the one remaining thing he's not achieved in his career.
its not his age, its the fact he has talked seriously about retiring. Redknapp has never done this, Ferguson never did it, Wenger never mentions it.

This is the first post I've made after viewing the forum for a number of years. The reason I've finally decided to post is that I'm so tired of supposed Spurs supporters who will always find a reason to hate some part of this club and this is normally the manager. FFS support the team, the reality is that there are 2/3 teams way better than us. They have more money can pay better wages and therefore get better players. City are in a different class to us and yet having lost to them with a **** decision for the pen (we would have still lost but not 5-1)people want to sack the manager. I actually get the impression that some posters are happy when we lose so they can have another dig

As if Levy will sack him. I'm not in either camp, but I can see we have a group of players and not a team yet. On top of that we also had a man wrongly dismissed against the best team in the league who regularly post the scores against full strength teams. People need to stop their agendas for the next few months until the summer when the club actually shows some intent either way.

**** of Sherwood, the linesman had a stinker so **** him of and take the fine, accuse him of taking a bung, don't make excuses for him. Wenger would have ****ged him off into next week and made sure he didn't run the line in the EPL for at least a fortnight. That is what the best managers do, that way the officials may think again next time. We've been an easy touch for officials for too long.

As if Levy will sack him. I'm not in either camp, but I can see we have a group of players and not a team yet. On top of that we also had a man wrongly dismissed against the best team in the league who regularly post the scores against full strength teams. People need to stop their agendas for the next few months until the summer when the club actually shows some intent either way.

I'm not sure it's just agendas being pushed, I think some people (me included) are in shock at how quickly the gap has widened in just 8 months. This time last year the thought of losing 5-1 at home to anyone would have been a joke.

Was slowly gaining some confidence in Tim but that has all drained tonight. The fella looked like a rabbit in the headlights, not too dissimilar to AVB in his final game.

Firstly, his tactics stunk. I thought his pre-match presser where he said he would get us to attack them was a mind game, turned out we went absolutely gung f**king ho. Talk about handing it to your opponents on a plate.

His team selection was questionable. What had Sigurdsson done to earn a start? Eff all. Bentaleb is is a decent talent but putting him in against their midfield was daft.

His in-play changes, or lack thereof, were also not befitting of a good manager.

He's done well for us so far results wise with a great deal of fortune, now it's time for him to show he can gee the team up after a humiliation. Won't be easy.

I'm not sure it's just agendas being pushed, I think some people (me included) are in shock at how quickly the gap has widened in just 8 months. This time last year the thought of losing 5-1 at home to anyone would have been a joke.

Yet they beat us by a similar margin under Harry at home?!?!?

Then we went and won 11 on the spin

And that game today would not have been that scoreline with some half decent refereeing

City would probably have still own but we were the better team at the point of the sending off

Sandro out.
Vertonghen out.
Paulinho out.
Eriksen out.
Townsend out.

Rose sent off and a penalty conceeded early in the second half for what probably wasn't even a foul.

I don't care, bring me your most experienced, least naive, top class manager. We would still struggle under those conditions. And we all know that City are capable of punishing teams that are in a vulnerable position.

This was not the test, the test comes Saturday...

=D> and not just next Saturday, until at least the end of the season, before a realist judgment can be formed IMO.

Oh and we still need another striker and left back in the next two days to stand a chance of top four IMO. Splash the cash Daniel. Or we will live to regret it AGAIN.

Back