• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Rewind three months and replace the word Sherwood with AVB.

Difference is Sherwood's had just a handful of games. AVB had had a year or more. Give the fellah a chance before celebrating his demise. Some on here make Levy look lazy and slow to react!

Not at all the same. AVB lost many fans, myself included, after some awful results, a team that looked like it couldn't score, a decision that could have led to our keeper developing brain damage, and attacking the fans. Come back and tell me that when Sherwood does the same.

Until Sherwood shows he knows what he's doing I'll remain skeptical. Attacking the fans? Purr-lease.

Until Sherwood shows he knows what he's doing I'll remain skeptical. Attacking the fans? Purr-lease.

I was at the Hull game the day AVB had his paddy about his team "playing away from home" I didn't boo and neither did those around me and I paid over£ 50 for my ticket so yeah purrlease

The fact that I haven't made a big deal about AVB being stubborn or not (I haven't bothered to check back to see if I've made any mention of it) doesn't mean I've refused to do it or defended him vigorously against such suggestions. Saying one thing doesn't automatically sign you up for several other opinions.

I still maintain that the likes of you and Scara are being very hypocritical. It's just getting a little tiresome seeing people blaming Sherwood for the 3 bad results we've had under him and give him zero credit for the good things he's done. He's trying to change the way we play as he believes it's clearly a waste to sign £100m worth of players and try to suffocate the life out of games and rely on dodgy penalties to win 1-0. The defensive side of the game needs improvement absolutely and I won't say he's getting everything right, but everyone talked about our much vaunted defensive record under AVB, well we couldn't even hang our hat on that after the Liverpool game could we?

I was at the Hull game the day AVB had his paddy about his team "playing away from home" I didn't boo and neither did those around me and I paid over£ 50 for my ticket so yeah purrlease

Don't even get me started on that. In a perfect world, football fans would always get behind the team but for christ sake when you produce the kind of football AVB served up what the hell did he expect? I'd like to think people want to be entertained as well.

Looking at some of the comments on here you'd have thought we were favourites tonight. We were only going to get a result with a bit of good fortune, and there were two key decisions that might have fallen our way on another night. What I liked was Sherwood - clearly massively disappointed - did not take the easy blame-the-ref option, but said we were not good enough. Instead, he wants to make us good enough. I like that. He may have learnt it from Harry, but then it was worth learning. You can't hide behind things. Go back work harder and turn it around.

I am much more positive that we can advance with Sherwood. He shows intelligence (despite some peoples amazingly unintelligent comments that he lacks intelligence), has footballing knowledge,and will install a never say die attitude. He has the ingredients to be an excellent manager. Which is why he was hired. Levy, a smart business man, would not have put him in charge otherwise.

Last edited:

Don't even get me started on that. In a perfect world, football fans would always get behind the team but for christ sake when you produce the kind of football AVB served up what the hell did he expect? I'd like to think people want to be entertained as well.

water under bridge!

weve just lost 1-5 at Home!

Yes, how dare he suggest that some of the "fans" might be a tad negative and that creating a positive atmosphere might help the team.

Jord doesnt care. He was at home lounging in his pink onesie with a hot cup of tea watching the game on his laptop, so he wasnt one of the fans at the ground that AVB had a go at

Yes, how dare he suggest that some of the "fans" might be a tad negative and that creating a positive atmosphere might help the team.

So should fans just sit there and pretend the football is brilliant even when it's mind numbingly dull? Especially considering the prices at Spurs.

Looking at some of the comments on here you'd have thought we were favourites tonight. We were only going to get a result with a bit of good fortune, and there were two key decisions that might have fallen our way another night. What I liked was Sherwood - clearly massively disappointed - did not take the easy blame-the-ref option, but said we were not good enough. Instead, he wants to make us good enough. I like that. He may have learnt it from Harry, but then it was worth learning. You can't hide behind things. Go back work harder and turn it around.

I am much more positive that we can advance with Sherwood. He shows intelligence (despite some peoples amazingly unintelligent comments that he lacks intelligence), footballing knowledge,and will install a never say die attitude. He has the ingredients to be an excellent manager. Which is why he was hired. Levy, a smart business man, would not have put him in charge otherwise.

Well said, showed plenty tonight! Terrible result but not the end of the world.

What AVB sounded, and was made to sound by the many in the press who had it out for him, way too negative to say to the fans. I know the atmosphere at the Lane hasn't been the best but AVB made a big ****-up with his comments that day.

City press really well and we couldn't keep up in the first 30. After that though we seemed to catch up some and looked to be playing on an even-ish footing, like last year where City got complacent. The red card ended the complacency and we conceded twice qucikly. I don't think we could blame Sherwood for that. I will say that tonight our players looked out of their depth. City we so full of movement and pulled us all over the place, we on the other hand looked no where near as sharp. Ade certainly had a poor game and Eriksen looked poor too, it was never going to go well with our two best players of the past few weeks looking off the pace.

Thought Ade was actually decent, it was the lack of support around him...he had 3 men on most of the time!

He didn't say "some" of the fans mate, his clumsy, and frankly disrespectful comments annoyed a lot of fans and rightly so he'd been there 5 minutes I have been supporting Spurs for almost as long as he's been born. Not even George graham said **** like that and did you hear the vitriol that was thrown his way?

Thought Ade was actually decent, it was the lack of support around him...he had 3 men on most of the time!

Most disappointed with Sig today and thought chiriches was off the pace. Capoue was meh. Too many times he was ambling back with the play already around our box. This happened against Arsenal too. His passing was limited to sideways. I really don't think he is good enough to be a holding midfielder. Watch the Rose penalty. Which ever city player it was literally waltzed passed him like he wasn't there. Tbh I was really concerned when dembele had to go off as he was starting to get into the game.

Back