• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

all valid points, other than Eriksen out ;) but I think today was a day to park the bus and pack the CM, silva was allowed the freedom of the park

Obviously I didn't mean Eriksen, I think that's rather obviously Erik(sen) Lamela. Frequently called Erik-san in Japan, where also coincidentally the 'a' and 'e' sounds are pronounced in a very similar fashion ;)

Or I'm talking out of my rear end and my head failed me and mistook Erik Lamela for Christian Eriksen... :)

Two up front.

Also probably the best central midfielder in the league, paired with another £30m midfielder in central midfield and arguably the best defender in the league behind them.

I don't really see why the same would work for us...
im not saying we would top the league by playing two up top, I just think we would be more of a goal threat

Whether he plays Soldado or Eriksen off Ade doesn't really impact our defensive shape. We're too open in midfield and our defenders don't work together as a unit.

Big difference today and against Swansea compared to the Arsenal game imo. But not really up for arguing that position this late at night :)

I never said he wasn't stubborn either, but with him there was at least a track record to look at in terms of picking up points and keeping clean sheets (even if we suffered the occasional setback). With Sherwood we have very little, but he has made some questionable decisions and it looks like he's going to keep making them from data we have so far. If he learns from his mistakes and changes his ways, great, but I worry he won't.

Do you know what? I really don't want to make excuses for the manager or the team because we were pummelled tonight, but was that really because of the tactics? We went to the Etihad and play with Sandro and Dembele and still got pumped 6-0. They've battered everybody this season, us included. I won't even mention injuries because it annoyed me when everyone bleated about this under AVB so it's unfair of me to do so now as every team has injuries.

Having said all that, Emirates Marketing Project scored 2 lucky goals, got an unbelieveable decision re the penalty and our goal was nowhere near offside. The linesman basically cost us two goals and a player.

Last season I was happy with AVB eventually despite throwing away a 7 point lead, but he undid that good work this season with his stubbornness, negative tactics, falling out with players and inflexibility.

How can you say Sherwood is stubborn after 6 league games but you never said the same with AVB after a season and a half?

To be fair to him, I could see where he was coming from at kick-off, even if I didn't agree with his reasoning. Last time, we played a dedicated DM (Sandro) and got utterly destroyed because whatever possession we could muster was interrupted by a rampant City. This time, he was probably hoping to play more of a possession game and give City less of the ball, which all told is decent reasoning. However, my view of the loss at the Etihad is that we played too high a line with the wrong players and (this is key) on the wrong pitch. The Etihad is a wide pitch on which any team will find it difficult to play if their idea of width is Verts and Walker, and when you play a high line in addition to that, you will definitely struggle. WHL is small and narrow, by contrast, and here a DM will probably find more joy due to the smaller spaces he has to watch over. Ergo, we should have played a DM.

Tim is a new manager, and his faith in his players heartens me and drives them to fight just a bit more than they did under AVB (we kept fighting even at 3-0 down, whereas we never really looked anything other than scared and ****less after City went 2-0 at the Etihad). For now, that's progress, and I'm happy with him overall. The decision makers at the club, however...Levy and co...I'm not so sure about them any more.

Fair enough if you can see it, as soon as I saw the starting line up I thought we'd get pummelled, and we did, which makes it even more frustrating... I can't see what he's trying to do with the team, other than pick 11 players and "go for it!!". I'm desperate to be convinced, and was hoping tonight he would show his ideas, how he overcomes tests, but he didn't. Failed miserably. And what's worse he had such a loser attitude in his post match -they were just better.... Pitiful.

I'm not a fan of Sherwood's but not sure anything he did would have made that much difference short of playing a bank of 4 defensive midfielders and parking the bus.

We looked open, very open but at least we looked like we wanted to play football even if we didn't have the ball or the players on their game to do it.

Do you know what? I really don't want to make excuses for the manager or the team because we were pummelled tonight, but was that really because of the tactics? We went to the Etihad and play with Sandro and Dembele and still got pumped 6-0. They've battered everybody this season, us included. I won't even mention injuries because it annoyed me when everyone bleated about this under AVB so it's unfair of me to do so now as every team has injuries.

Having said all that, Emirates Marketing Project scored 2 lucky goals, got an unbelieveable decision re the penalty and our goal was nowhere near offside. The linesman basically cost us two goals and a player.

Last season I was happy with AVB eventually despite throwing away a 7 point lead, but he undid that good work this season with his stubbornness, negative tactics, falling out with players and inflexibility.

How can you say Sherwood is stubborn after 6 league games but you never said the same with AVB after a season and a half?

Why not? Why should I have the same opinion and most importantly, make sure to mention them on here, often, about every manager? They are different people in different circumstances. I think that sticking with Bentaleb when we have other, better players available is the wrong choice, as if he's trying to prove a point.

im not saying we would top the league by playing two up top, I just think we would be more of a goal threat

We tried it against Arsenal... Wasn't that convincing. Like today the game balanced on some key situations, but overall we were second best.

very different games, the away game we made some shocking individual mistakes very very early, we shot ourselves in the foot and them in the arm at the same time, we did have periods of possession and pressure up there though, on another day we could have come out lonely losing by 1/2 goals

I think tonight was more of a case of the better team using our weaknesses against us

Sherwood is clueless because we lose to Emirates Marketing Project 5-1 at home , there must be a lot of clueless managers out there then because City have done that to many others this seasonincluding our game at the Etihad with AVB as manager. Hmmm and if I recall correctly the drubbing at the Etihad was with 11 men on the field all game.

No, have you read my posts? Don't simplify it to try and get the upper hand in some way. I've said I almost wouldn't care losing, because like you say everyone is currently. It's HOW we play, HOW he sets us up, our plan of attack, his starting 11 to combat the opposition etc. With all this it's seemed clueless. He's had some good results, because we have a much better squad than most and also a dash of luck. I wish AVB had the same attack mentality against lesser opposition to be honest.

Amazing how some 'fans' find undermining Sherwood a silver lining to the defeat. As you can read their anti-Sherwood agenda comments pre match, its not like they saw a game and now base their negative comments on the game. It was all there before, and now they can twist the knife. We weren't good enough tonight. We showed some fight and grew into the game, ending the first half with some vigour, almost scoring. Then might have kicked on but for a harsh red and penalty.

Why not? Why should I have the same opinion and most importantly, make sure to mention them on here, often, about every manager? They are different people in different circumstances. I think that sticking with Bentaleb when we have other, better players available is the wrong choice, as if he's trying to prove a point.

Well the point is you refused to do so when AVB was in charge despite him being ten times more stubborn but you stuck by him regardless of the results. I actually think we could have got relegated and some people still wouldn't have blamed him.

Amazing how some 'fans' find undermining Sherwood a silver lining to the defeat. As you can read their anti-Sherwood agenda comments pre match, its not like they saw a game and now base their negative comments on the game. It was all there before, and now they can twist the knife. We weren't good enough tonight. We showed some fight and grew into the game, ending the first half with some vigour, almost scoring. Then might have kicked on but for a harsh red and penalty.

Rewind three months and replace the word Sherwood with AVB.

Sandro out.
Vertonghen out.
Paulinho out.
Eriksen out.
Townsend out

Rose sent off and a penalty conceeded early in the second half for what probably wasn't even a foul.

I don't care, bring me your most experienced, least naive, top class manager. We would still struggle under those conditions. And we all know that City are capable of punishing teams that are in a vulnerable position.

This was not the test, the test comes Saturday...

Great post BE =D>was trying to muster something myself. We lost 5-2 last season at Arsenal with Bale in the side yet some of the posters on here we're not nearly as vindictive.

One thing I will say is that we constantly see our players trying to anticipate back passes and allowing the opposition player a free avenue to run through towards goal. That for me is a big problem, we should be shepherding them back away from goal

AVB was a year and a half into the job. Sherwood has been in post for what? six weeks? You cant change everything at once, you need to implement those changes gradually. He is doing that.

Well the point is you refused to do so when AVB was in charge despite him being ten times more stubborn but you stuck by him regardless of the results. I actually think we could have got relegated and some people still wouldn't have blamed him.

The fact that I haven't made a big deal about AVB being stubborn or not (I haven't bothered to check back to see if I've made any mention of it) doesn't mean I've refused to do it or defended him vigorously against such suggestions. Saying one thing doesn't automatically sign you up for several other opinions.

Not at all the same. AVB lost many fans, myself included, after some awful results, a team that looked like it couldn't score, a decision that could have led to our keeper developing brain damage, and attacking the fans. Come back and tell me that when Sherwood does the same. As I said AVB didn,t get half the grief that Tim is getting when we lost 5-2 at Arsenal.

AVB was a year and a half into the job. Sherwood has been in post for what? six weeks? You cant change everything at once, you need to implement those changes gradually. He is doing that.

thats true, although on a purely personal level I don't really like the changes his tenure so far is suggesting he is trying to make

Back