• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Brain Clough wasn't tactically inept but he also wasn't the easy going buffon he played up as in the media.

Brain Clough wasn't tactically inept but he also wasn't the easy going buffon he played up as in the media.

I don't think that I have ever met someone who has described Clough as either easy going or a buffoon and I don't think this is how the media portrayed him either.

He played up the "football is a simple game, onion bag" cliche all the time on TV. All light hearted and jokey. Quite like Redknapp in that way at least.

Shambolic. Tim is utterly clueless and out of his depth. This club needs a revamp, get rid of levy, we need some solidity and Levy has never provided it.

Capoue showed he is ten times better than Bentaleb, but super duper tim thinks Bentaleb is much better. And, more importantly, thinks a passer was better than a DM to beat Emirates Marketing Project. Severely wrong on both accounts.

I was hoping he would learn, hoping he could adapt, have a plan, have some nouse. But he's showing he's just utterly terrible!!

Shambolic. Tim is utterly clueless and out of his depth. This club needs a revamp, get rid of levy, we need some solidity and Levy has never provided it.

Capoue showed he is ten times better than Bentaleb, but super duper tim thinks Bentaleb is much better. And, more importantly, thinks a passer was better than a DM to beat Emirates Marketing Project. Severely wrong on both accounts.

I was hoping he would learn, hoping he could adapt, have a plan, have some nouse. But he's showing he's just utterly terrible!!

To be fair to him, I could see where he was coming from at kick-off, even if I didn't agree with his reasoning. Last time, we played a dedicated DM (Sandro) and got utterly destroyed because whatever possession we could muster was interrupted by a rampant City. This time, he was probably hoping to play more of a possession game and give City less of the ball, which all told is decent reasoning. However, my view of the loss at the Etihad is that we played too high a line with the wrong players and (this is key) on the wrong pitch. The Etihad is a wide pitch on which any team will find it difficult to play if their idea of width is Verts and Walker, and when you play a high line in addition to that, you will definitely struggle. WHL is small and narrow, by contrast, and here a DM will probably find more joy due to the smaller spaces he has to watch over. Ergo, we should have played a DM.

Tim is a new manager, and his faith in his players heartens me and drives them to fight just a bit more than they did under AVB (we kept fighting even at 3-0 down, whereas we never really looked anything other than scared and ****less after City went 2-0 at the Etihad). For now, that's progress, and I'm happy with him overall. The decision makers at the club, however...Levy and co...I'm not so sure about them any more.

Sherwood is clueless because we lose to Emirates Marketing Project 5-1 at home , there must be a lot of clueless managers out there then because City have done that to many others this seasonincluding our game at the Etihad with AVB as manager. Hmmm and if I recall correctly the drubbing at the Etihad was with 11 men on the field all game.

City press really well and we couldn't keep up in the first 30. After that though we seemed to catch up some and looked to be playing on an even-ish footing, like last year where City got complacent. The red card ended the complacency and we conceded twice qucikly. I don't think we could blame Sherwood for that. I will say that tonight our players looked out of their depth. City we so full of movement and pulled us all over the place, we on the other hand looked no where near as sharp. Ade certainly had a poor game and Eriksen looked poor too, it was never going to go well with our two best players of the past few weeks looking off the pace.

Grrrr I really don't understand why people insist on saying Harry was tactically inept when he got us two fourth placed finishes - our best Premier League. Everybody on here would be hailing AVB as a tactical genius if he was able to do that.

I think this quote from Brian Clough (I'm waiting to here people call Clough tactically inept now) sums up most of the people in this forum.

Yeah Clough was just another "lucky" chancer I suppose.

Re Harry and AVB, people were so contradictory when it came to the pair of them, when we finished 4th under Redknapp it was a travesty because we had the 2nd best squad in the country even better than United according to some! Yes that's the same United who only lost the title on goal difference. But when it comes to other managers the same people are quick to point out how well they did considering our wage bill isn't close to our rivals.

Last edited:

The problem is that he might be just as stubborn as AVB in what kind of players he picks. Certainly beginning to look that way.

Funny cos I can't recall you ever calling AVB stubborn, you were nothing but 100% supportive of him regardless of the results we picked up this season.

The problem is that he might be just as stubborn as AVB in what kind of players he picks. Certainly beginning to look that way.

maybe, it would be interesting to hear the logic behind the selection though, for all we know Capoue is still not 100% and Bentaleb was the only fully fit choice

i wish he had gone with Soldado and Ade up front, thats my only reproach. I said it under AVB and il say it under Sherwood, i do not like one up front. We dont have enough goals or threat with one up front......I love it that City are sweeping everyone aside playing two strikers =D> Respect

Naive tonight, but he's young and still learning at this level.

Sandro out.
Vertonghen out.
Paulinho out.
Eriksen out.
Townsend out.

Rose sent off and a penalty conceeded early in the second half for what probably wasn't even a foul.

I don't care, bring me your most experienced, least naive, top class manager. We would still struggle under those conditions. And we all know that City are capable of punishing teams that are in a vulnerable position.

This was not the test, the test comes Saturday...

Funny cos I can't recall you ever calling AVB stubborn, you were nothing but 100% supportive of him regardless of the results we picked up this season.

I never said he wasn't stubborn either, but with him there was at least a track record to look at in terms of picking up points and keeping clean sheets (even if we suffered the occasional setback). With Sherwood we have very little, but he has made some questionable decisions and it looks like he's going to keep making them from data we have so far. If he learns from his mistakes and changes his ways, great, but I worry he won't.

i wish he had gone with Soldado and Ade up front, thats my only reproach. I said it under AVB and il say it under Sherwood, i do not like one up front. We dont have enough goals or threat with one up front......I love it that City are sweeping everyone aside playing two strikers =D> Respect

Two up front.

Also probably the best central midfielder in the league, paired with another £30m midfielder in central midfield and arguably the best defender in the league behind them.

I don't really see why the same would work for us...

Sandro out.
Vertonghen out.
Paulinho out.
Eriksen out.
Townsend out.

Rose sent off and a penalty conceeded early in the second half for what probably wasn't even a foul.

I don't care, bring me your most experienced, least naive, top class manager. We would still struggle under those conditions. And we all know that City are capable of punishing teams that are in a vulnerable position.

This was not the test, the test comes Saturday...

all valid points, other than Eriksen out ;) but I think today was a day to park the bus and pack the CM, silva was allowed the freedom of the park

I never said he wasn't stubborn either, but with him there was at least a track record to look at in terms of picking up points and keeping clean sheets (even if we suffered the occasional setback). With Sherwood we have very little, but he has made some questionable decisions and it looks like he's going to keep making them from data we have so far. If he learns from his mistakes and changes his ways, great, but I worry he won't.

He changed his 4-4-2(-esque) formation for a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 formation against Swansea and City.

According to an article posted somewhere on here he played a false number 9 lone striker for the youth team against Arsenal whilst in charge there.

He changed his 4-4-2(-esque) formation for a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 formation against Swansea and City.

According to an article posted somewhere on here he played a false number 9 lone striker for the youth team against Arsenal whilst in charge there.

Whether he plays Soldado or Eriksen off Ade doesn't really impact our defensive shape. We're too open in midfield and our defenders don't work together as a unit.

City press really well and we couldn't keep up in the first 30. After that though we seemed to catch up some and looked to be playing on an even-ish footing, like last year where City got complacent. The red card ended the complacency and we conceded twice qucikly. I don't think we could blame Sherwood for that. I will say that tonight our players looked out of their depth. City we so full of movement and pulled us all over the place, we on the other hand looked no where near as sharp. Ade certainly had a poor game and Eriksen looked poor too, it was never going to go well with our two best players of the past few weeks looking off the pace.

=D> one of a few sensible posts tonight. Compltely agree

Back