• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

With players of this quality coming back to fitness it reinforces the fact that we have strength and depth in the squad. And players with real quality and ability. That’s what I look for."I see reports saying I want* this and that, that I want British or I want youth, that’s not accurate - what I want is technically good players and we have that in abundance throughout the dressing room.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

With players of this quality coming back to fitness it reinforces the fact that we have strength and depth in the squad. And players with real quality and ability. That’s what I look for."I see reports saying I want* this and that, that I want British or I want youth, that’s not accurate - what I want is technically good players and we have that in abundance throughout the dressing room.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk
i like Timmy

Four. Four. Two. Big man. Little man. Get it up 'em and sling it in the mixer. None of this passing ********.

i like Timmy

As do I!!!

I have found his attitude very refreshing.....no messing about when he was temporary.....stated that he wanted the job, hasnt criticised previous manager, has been honest like sunday when saying Swansea should have had a pen, been honest when we have played poorly under him...credited AVB as part of the 5 game away winning streak.
Gave a sensible assesment on Lamela and others not playing.....AAAAAAAAAANND

Unlike most managers in this window saying that want this and that.....Timmy has said he is happy with what we have and just wanted injured players back.

From being in a position where I just wanted him to be given a chance....I have warmed to him as time goes on....even the fa cup defeat I thought his comments regarding Rose were class.

I am thinking like Steff....in regards to LVG....I dont want us to rip it up and start again for a man who will join us when he decides to.......I am hoping Timmy gets the gig.........

I still think we need to judge him on a pre-season and how we sit next season after 10 games....either way really impressed with him so far.

"I see reports saying I want this and that, that I want British or I want youth, that’s not accurate - what I want is technically good players and we have that in abundance throughout the dressing room."

When was the last time you heard an English manager, or British for that matter say such a thing?

Very much liked what I read there.

He's barely put a foot wrong with his public utterances.
He has the distinct advantage over AVB of knowing the ENglish PR and press game very well having spent his career watching their machinations.
And, if we can all assume that he is rather intelligent and has a strong sense of himself, he will therefore know how to play that particular game.

When was the last time you heard an English manager, or British for that matter say such a thing?

Very much liked what I read there.

everything that has come out of the youth set up over the last few years has been stamping home the importance of technical ability so it's no surprise to me to hear him saying this

everything that has come out of the youth set up over the last few years has been stamping home the importance of technical ability so it's no surprise to me to hear him saying this

I posted this before

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...go-Ehiogu-England-need-DNA-continue-fail.html

If anyone hasn't read it already I would strongly advice that they do. Fascinating read that gives insight to what Tim has brought to youth academy along with John McDermott and Chris Ramsey. Ehiogu talks about the focus on the 'tottenham way', technical ability and loosening the pressure on kids that the the academy has engraved into it.

I posted this before

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...go-Ehiogu-England-need-DNA-continue-fail.html

If anyone hasn't read it already I would strongly advice that they do. Fascinating read that gives insight to what Tim has brought to youth academy along with John McDermott and Chris Ramsey. Ehiogu talks about the focus on the 'tottenham way', technical ability and loosening the pressure on kids that the the academy has engraved into it.

It's a great read isn't it. I read it in the summer and again when you reposted it the other week

yeah i read that when you posted it previously, a good example of what im talking about.

very happy to see the club taking such an approach to youth development and with the new training ground and development center being completed recently hopefully we'll reap the rewards for years to come.

as an aside - has anything been said about what is happening now that Sherwood and Ramsay have left their posts in the academy set up? replacements etc?

yeah i read that when you posted it previously, a good example of what im talking about.

very happy to see the club taking such an approach to youth development and with the new training ground and development center being completed recently hopefully we'll reap the rewards for years to come.

as an aside - has anything been said about what is happening now that Sherwood and Ramsay have left their posts in the academy set up? replacements etc?

The Spurs Academy Manager & Head of Coaching remains John McDermott, who has been in the post since Alex Inglethorpe left for Liverpool in November 2012.

If anyone hasn't read it already I would strongly advise that they do.

The key word in that article is BRAVE.

That is a great description of how we are playing. We dare to go forwards and are brave enough to try the right things... it may backfire sometimes, but if we are brave we can do well.

It is when we stop being brave, when we don't want the ball and hide, when we don't make the runs or try the shots, that we will fail.

Great piece of advertising for our club that article. Having an ex pro talking up the clubs mentality on how to coach young players can only help

Great piece of advertising for our club that article. Having an ex pro talking up the clubs mentality on how to coach young players can only help

He's a player that I really wish that we had signed in his prime. He would have been excellent alongside Ledley

The key word in that article is BRAVE.

That is a great description of how we are playing. We dare to go forwards and are brave enough to try the right things... it may backfire sometimes, but if we are brave we can do well.

It is when we stop being brave, when we don't want the ball and hide, when we don't make the runs or try the shots, that we will fail.

tickle my balls with a feather.

I watched a video of the Spartak Cup which an u17 tournament match against Barcelona. We lost 1-0 but the thing that really stood for me pretty from the second Spurs first got possession was that they were playing two touch football, it was like watching the Barca way with a focus on possession only more direct and willing to take a chance. When possession was lost there wasn't a 'FFS' reaction to it, more a pressing with the desire to get it back straight away.

I could be looking at things with my **** in hand here a bit but it did seem impressive. Maybe all the other academies have this focus as well, it's just something I haven't seen before from an U-anything team, especially an English one.

Here's the video.

[video=youtube;fpoDwHNvgiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpoDwHNvgiM[/video]

A team that also plays brave football is Dortmund, was hugely impressed when me and my house mates watched them the year they did the double, always left wanting us to play that way, beautiful.

The funny thing is, the following two videos combined are in my eyes the 'Tottenham way'.

[video=youtube;Mh4OSBOUzqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4OSBOUzqQ[/video]

That first goal....

[video=youtube;YenQk74Cwo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenQk74Cwo0[/video]

The first 1:15

Last edited:

A team that also plays brave football is Dortmund, was hugely impressed when me and my house mates watched them the year they did the double, always left wanting us to play that way, beautiful.

An interesting comparison. The thing I would draw from the parallel is that Dortmund are phenomenally fit (something Sherwood has commented on with us) and play pretty much full out all game and attack with pace.

An interesting comparison. The thing I would draw from the parallel is that Dortmund are phenomenally fit (something Sherwood has commented on with us) and play pretty much full out all game and attack with pace.

And that is really how I would love my beloved Spurs to play too!

Love that Dortmund clip, whilst I appreciate that it is sped up, those attacks are nothing less than relentless. Not one pass back unless absolutely necessary, so quick =P~
Also fair play to German referees, some of those tackles in there would've been blown up as fouls in Spain.

As for our youngsters, I was happy to see players trying to play it out from the back. No long goal kicks, always ball on the deck and looking to play it out from the back.

Last edited:
Back