• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

i thought the point he was making was that not only old managers are interested in International management, guess i read it wrong...

what i mean is: you often refer to them as mentor/apprentice - i was just interested to know whether this is anything more than Sherwood being appointed in his role at Spurs whilst Redknapp was here and it's a case of 2+2 = Relegation fears ( ;) ) or that there's more too it than that - have they worked together previously? spoken about each other publicly in those terms etc

Well he's Jamie's best mate, and Redknapp spoke very fatherly of him when he originally appointed him.

I've also noticed, like AVB very consciously tried to dampen the Mourinho associations by speaking about Bobby Robson, Timmeh is doing the same re Redknapp with Dalglesh.

Aren't Sherwood and Jamie Redknapp business partners or something?
Anybody got any detail on that? I think it read it on another website sometime in the last 2 months

I posted the link above. They ran Icon Magazine - a lifestyle magazine for footballers. Apparently Timmeh was very hands on with it. It went very bankrupt.

:ross: the British Virgin Islands???????oh my GHod you really are up AVBs ****.....AVB managed internationally :ross: =D>

He was only about 16 when he did it though. Pretty impressive no matter how far down the FIFA rankings they might be.

i thought the point he was making was that not only old managers are interested in International management, guess i read it wrong...

that was his point, but i dont see how AVB managing the British Virgin Islands for one year at the age of 21 is a credible example....to back up his point surely he could have found a better one

Well he's Jamie's best mate, and Redknapp spoke very fatherly of him when he originally appointed him.

He was only about 16 when he did it though. Pretty impressive no matter how far down the FIFA rankings they might be.
16 years old??? he only lasted a year didnt he? what happened, the British Virgin Islands people got disillusioned by the possession based tactics and lack of chances created?

that was his point, but i dont see how AVB managing the British Virgin Islands for one year at the age of 21 is a credible example....to back up his point surely he could have found a better one

maybe but seeings as it was our previous manager it was probably the first which leaped to mind.

how about Jurgen Klinsmann then, for a better example - has managed both Germany and the USA and he's not even 50 years old

maybe but seeings as it was our previous manager it was probably the first which leaped to mind.

how about Jurgen Klinsmann then, for a better example - has managed both Germany and the USA and he's not even 50 years old
there you go, also Rijkaard was 36 when he took the Holland job, Van Basten was just 40 when he managed Holland. Im sure there are more examples too

France had Blanc and now Deschamps take charge in their early 40s.

I don't pity his playing career, it's the class he'll always be trapped in. It's not impossible to respect one and pity the other. I respect Bill Gates's achievements and charitable contributions, but I pity his looks and lack of ability in social situations. I respect Stephen Hawkins's incredible intellect, yet I pity his physical shortcomings. See?

Not really, no. The only 'class' he's trapped in is in your mind. Your prejudice has taken his accent and converted that into some rigid social structure from which he can never escape, despite his obvious talents. Not only that, but your imagination then elevates you to some higher social level from which you can look down with pity on the poor unfortunate soul.
And comparing an estuary accent with motor neurone disease is frankly disturbing.

I almost pity you.

Seeing it all from block 29.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sherwood.jpg
    sherwood.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 87

I don't pity his playing career, it's the class he'll always be trapped in. It's not impossible to respect one and pity the other. I respect Bill Gates's achievements and charitable contributions, but I pity his looks and lack of ability in social situations. I respect Stephen Hawkins's incredible intellect, yet I pity his physical shortcomings. See?

Come on…you have to be joking? You cannot be serious!

Not really, no. The only 'class' he's trapped in is in your mind. Your prejudice has taken his accent and converted that into some rigid social structure from which he can never escape, despite his obvious talents. Not only that, but your imagination then elevates you to some higher social level from which you can look down with pity on the poor unfortunate soul.
And comparing an estuary accent with motor neurone disease is frankly disturbing.

I almost pity you.

The class he's trapped in is very real. Not sure if you grew up in England but it's the main method of categorising people in this country.

And no, he can't escape, hence the pity. If he's really careful his kids can though.

I think the comparison is valid, they're both unfortunate accidents of birth that one would avoid given the chance.

The class he's trapped in is very real. Not sure if you grew up in England but it's the main method of categorising people in this country.

And no, he can't escape, hence the pity. If he's really careful his kids can though.

I think the comparison is valid, they're both unfortunate accidents of birth that one would avoid given the chance.

Right you are, Victorian Dad. Now haven't you got some children or domestic types in need of a good thrashing?

Since when did this thread become a debate about social class.

Dont really care if my manager sounds like Morgan Freeman or Joe Pasquale.......Timmy's doing ok by me!!!

seeing it all from my Timmy 'rose tinted spectacles'.

The class he's trapped in is very real.Not sure if you grew up in England but it's the main method of categorising people in this country.

What incredible, and myopic, snobbery! In fact, how sad! The avenues of company you have limited yourself to if you follow such a self-imposed dictate! I detect a certain hint of Dylan Moran-esque dryness, a verbal flourish of the dry-cracker tail if you will…let me ask you. Does someone with a Geordie accent automatically belong to a 'lower class'? At what point does 'accent' become of a 'class' which is commensurate with 'respect' as you deem it?

Quite frankly Sherwood can sound like Ian Beale on steroids as long as he shows his intelligence on the pitch and in the manager's office.

Back