• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

With Sherwood being perceived to be in an interim position of sorts i don't really see the relevance of harping on about AVB and how people wanted to evalute his time here and trying to draw parrallels/hint at hypocrisy - different set of circumstances currently.

Probably best to wait till the summer and a new longer term contract for Sherwood before making thise kinds of comparrisons, imv

But won't my breath on that

This is madness we are the form team of the Premiership and talk about Van Gaal?? Which there is absolutely no guarantee he would even want to come to manage us, some would even say it is a long shot. How about we enjoy the run we are on which has been highly entertaining both in results and style of football something which have not been able to say in ages!

Yeah lets not discuss prominante news stories linking us to top tier managers :D

Fwiw im happy enough to give Sherwood the gig, unless there's some kind of dramatic loss of form over the remainder of the season

Why do you lump everyone in together? I think that there are as many views on a manager as there are people posting on a subject.

Well said, I was pro AVB, but I never mentioned anything about 3 years. I'm also pro Sherwood and I was pro Redknapp, where does that put me? Other than being a pathological optimist?!

The journos are reporting it like we asked Van Gaal to be our manager last week even though he is quoted as saying it was back during the time when we had no manager. The papers still have their knives out for us and want to twist any story they can to their own devices.

GEEZ PEOPLE!!!!

Whats going on here???

Our current Head Coach (at present) is so s**t hot that he can get away with wearing a LIFE PRESERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

'He's bulletproof, its noth-ing to you'

'Tim is Titanium'

'Richochet, you take your aim'

'Tim is Titanium'

'You can shoot him down, but he wont fall'

'Tim is TI-TA-NI-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!'

Well said, I was pro AVB, but I never mentioned anything about 3 years. I'm also pro Sherwood and I was pro Redknapp, where does that put me? Other than being a pathological optimist?!

I think most fans are pro the current manager.

I'm kind of warming to the idea that TS could be our manager long term, and could possibly be the 'young, up and coming' manager that we all wanted AVB to be for us. Maybe. the more I think about LVG coming in is that it would likely set us back again a few months as the team gets used to a new manager new style.

The only issue I foresee is possibly attracting new players but after the mega buy-in rush last summer we probably don't want a wholesale change to the team again just tweaks around the edges, and let's give the youngster a go at it too - they have to prove themselves at some point.

The key for me is if he can keep us playing to the standard we have been but tightening it up a wee bit defensively and riding his luck - injuries will likely have a big part to play as they always do. I think we are short of player or two to be properly challenging the Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project's of this world, but we are as much of a match for the likes of Liverpool and Everton.

I think he is more than Harry Mark II, the fact that he changed up the formation against Swansea showed that he can be flexible when needs be. The Emirates Marketing Project test will be a big one for him and I can't wait to see how he deals with it.

I think people dwell way too much on his way of speaking, the greatest manager I have seen manage in Fergie doesn't come across sophisticated at all, he comes across as what he is, a pure football man. What made Fergie great is he was a leader who commanded a lot of respect, he kept the referees and the media on his side, he spoke frankly and took no crap from anyone. Not saying TS can ever be Fergie but just trying to put some perspective on TS's perceived lack of eloquence. It really means sweet fek all in the world of football.

I think people dwell way too much on his way of speaking, the greatest manager I have seen manage in Fergie doesn't come across sophisticated at all, he comes across as what he is, a pure football man. What made Fergie great is he was a leader who commanded a lot of respect, he kept the referees and the media on his side, he spoke frankly and took no crap from anyone. Not saying TS can ever be Fergie but just trying to put some perspective on TS's perceived lack of eloquence. It really means sweet fek all in the world of football.

An excellent post.

Levy can do what he thinks is best for the club, us fans shouldnt turn on TIM SHERWOOD by the end of the season. Makes a complete mockery of fairness.

having said that he is doing a stellar job so far with a team thats not even his and with players many thought were not up to the task. many completely wrote off this season and here we are......with hope once again. a guess who brought that hope back

The man is doing a good job but its when he has a bad spell some people will completely tank him and say he isnt up to it.

at least he showed he can do this job. i think no matter what happens he will have a career as a top flight manager

Last edited:

The world of football is a monumentally different place to when Fergie took over. He wouldn't have survived to the FA Cup game that 'saved' his career. Fans perceptions are massively different and the media is totally different and pervasive. It just isn't comparable. Fergie got to a point when he was larger than the media and basically bullet proof before the media got so out of hand. Deadwood and the rest will never get that security or reverence from the media. His every utterance will be twisted when it serves the media's purpose to sell more copy and his lack of eloquence will make that easier. Not how it should be. He needs to be more careful in phrase and thought.

I'm not being funny but I really don't see where this 'dim' perception of Sherwood comes from. I've listened to pretty much every interview he's given since being head coach and he hasn't come across as stupid in any one of his interviews. He might of made his views come across as simplistic in some cases but that is because like many managers have said football is a simple game. It just appears that some on here refuse to accept it is, and enjoy over analysing everything to death.

If Tim was as thick as some have previously alluded to, do you not think the media would have picked up on it and in some quarters at least mock him?

Can someone with a good memory fill in the blanks please? Against West Ham in the cup in Sherwood's first game he took off Adebayor and someone (Rose?) after an hour as they were coming back from injury. He got criticised for being defensive, I think we went to 451 and people said we sat back and asked to get beat... Fat Sam started launching balls into the box which Capoue and Vlad (??) couldn't handle... damn I wish I had a memory. Anyway I remember TS was definitely criticised for 'going defensive' and trying to see out the game. Yet he didn't have much choice as we didn't want Adebayor to break down on his first start in 100 years.

Whereas recently we went to a 451 and TS was applauded for his ingenuity, he had allegedly learnt from the Arsenal game and "2 players vs 3" even though TS had said that it wasn't 2 v 3 because Eriksen tucked in and other players helped out...

I guess what I'm saying is that because results have been fantastic, the decisions TS makes are lauded as the right ones... but if we lose a game those same decisions are criticised as wrong... I guess that makes sense and is human nature, but am I making sense about the 451 thing being criticised against West Ham and applauded against Swansea?

Back