• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I dont understand.

He was responding to my post where I said it was pleasing that Tim had worked on a plan for a week and that it was pleasing how it all came off for us.

I dont think these posts are serious anymore....at least BOL although a big AVB fan can look objectively at whats happening now and contribute to a reasonable discussion. So far today you have posted how tim needs a footballers guide for dummies,then your accusing Tim of not bringing Bentaleb to AVB's attention...and now you are banging on about good work being undone by tim?????? wtf is going on here?????? im sure your laughing to yourself at this point its just farcical....

to qoute everyone's favourite KD 'you couldn't make this sh** up ':ross:
Ridiculous isn't it?

If it were easy to fix why didnt AVB fix them? And he did have time to fix them - either it was him resisting to change (stubborn) or they arent actually easy to fix because those tactics employed were so rigid.

Because these things take time to fix properly. Anyone can paint over a crack, but that won't stop the subsidence.

I dont understand.

He was responding to my post where I said it was pleasing that Tim had worked on a plan for a week and that it was pleasing how it all came off for us.

I dont think these posts are serious anymore....at least BOL although a big AVB fan can look objectively at whats happening now and contribute to a reasonable discussion. So far today you have posted how tim needs a footballers guide for dummies,then your accusing Tim of not bringing Bentaleb to AVB's attention...and now you are banging on about good work being undone by tim?????? wtf is going on here?????? im sure your laughing to yourself at this point its just farcical....

to qoute everyone's favourite KD 'you couldn't make this sh** up ':ross:

My bad, must have quoted the wrong post.

You seem to think that my belief that AVB would/could have achieved great things with us is influencing my opinion of Timmeh - that couldn't be further from the truth.

The only reason I wanted AVB to be given more time is that I thought he could go on to do a lot for us if given that time. The reason I want Timmeh replaced with a professional is that I don't believe he has what it takes.

That said, the second half of today was very good. It's taken him longer to get there than it should have, as most of the pieces were already in place, but he got there in the end.

If he hasn't undone any good work, then can I assume you believe we don't need any midfield solidity, we can get away with a huge gap between midfield and defence and that we can go at it 100% for 85 minutes of every match?

Care to contribute?

I have contributed (check previous page).

I think your post insinuating that Sherwood purposely kept Benteleb away from AVB is the most ridiculous post i've read on here in a long time...it smacks of desperation and shows that not only do you have an agenda, but you will go to 'GB' lengths to push it. Your untouchable though, so it's fine, but jesus that post was utter steaming ****e imo.

I can accept the constant posts about Sherwood being 'dim' (or whatever you call it), how he's reading the 'book for dummies' (which was somewhat funny tbh) but the latest post shows desperation.

I have contributed (check previous page).

I think your post insinuating that Sherwood purposely kept Benteleb away from AVB is the most ridiculous post i've read on here in a long time...it smacks of desperation and shows that not only do you have an agenda, but you will go to 'GB' lengths to push it. Your untouchable though, so it's fine, but jesus that post was utter steaming ****e imo.

I hold myself to the same standards that I do any other poster on here.

There are three lines of thought as to why AVB didnt play Bentaleb on here (I haven't even said I think my one is the case, merely offered it as an alternative possibility) and they're all based on rumour and conjecture.

If AVB ever comes out and says "Bentaleb is sh1t" or "I didn't know him because I don't bother watching reserves" then I guess we'll know. Until then all of the bull**** is as valid as every other bit.

I agree about Ferdinand. He's the first striker I remember make the now typical "good striker joins Spurs, becomes sh1t" move.

The bits that he's taken apart are:

Core midfield. We didn't have teams run through the middle of us. Ever. Now it happens a few times every match. Had we been up against a team with their shooting boots on we'd have been on the end of a loss that AVB could only dream of.

Tempo. We don't have different tempos to match with where the game is anymore. We just have flat out followed by slow for the last 5 mins if we're winning.

Control of the game. Whilst our matches must be incredibly entertaining for the neutral now, the best description of our style I've seen is the "two drunks slugging it out in a pub car park" quote. People in England have been mistaking this for good football for a long time now, mainly due to Sky telling us that all the time.

Timmeh 's got us scoring again, and that's great. But the real trick is to score without breaking the above, not something easily done.

Core midfield, we're a bit weaker, but also we're without Sandro and Paulinho. We're also creating more chances and scoring more goals. Liverpool walked past us under AVB with fairly similar injury problems to what Sherwood has had to deal with. We were in a state of disarray in the last couple of weeks under AVB, Sherwood hasn't sorted all of that, but he can't be expected to and he has improved us.

Disagree about tempo. The way we killed the game after the 1-3 goal today was very good, same as 10-12 minutes against United leading up to the 90th minute. By introducing a better passer into the team in Bentaleb either from the start or as a sub Sherwood has given us a player who can control the tempo of the game. None of our regular central midfielders under AVB did that. Control of the game is similar to this.

Sherwood has improved us short term where AVB failed. If Sherwood will keep improving us long term is a different question, but I don't know how you know he can't.

Core midfield, we're a bit weaker, but also we're without Sandro and Paulinho. We're also creating more chances and scoring more goals. Liverpool walked past us under AVB with fairly similar injury problems to what Sherwood has had to deal with. We were in a state of disarray in the last couple of weeks under AVB, Sherwood hasn't sorted all of that, but he can't be expected to and he has improved us.

Disagree about tempo. The way we killed the game after the 1-3 goal today was very good, same as 10-12 minutes against United leading up to the 90th minute. By introducing a better passer into the team in Bentaleb either from the start or as a sub Sherwood has given us a player who can control the tempo of the game. None of our regular central midfielders under AVB did that. Control of the game is similar to this.

Sherwood has improved us short term where AVB failed. If Sherwood will keep improving us long term is a different question, but I don't know how you know he can't.

I completely agree

There are three lines of thought as to why AVB didnt play Bentaleb on here (I haven't even said I think my one is the case, merely offered it as an alternative possibility) and they're all based on rumour and conjecture.

If AVB ever comes out and says "Bentaleb is sh1t" or "I didn't know him because I don't bother watching reserves" then I guess we'll know. Until then all of the bull**** is as valid as every other bit.

Really? ok.

Let's run with your agenda driven nonsense for a minute. Eriksen said last week that the one name he constantly heard when he first joined, regarding our reserves was Benteleb. He said he was constantly talked about....so....you think it's at all likely that he's been talked about constantly by the players but AVB has no clue who he is? ahhhh yeh maybe it's evil Tim who told the first X1 to 'hush up about nabil when Andre is around'.

Just because there's an absence of conclusive evidence doesn't mean that every theory has equal validity.

The theory you presented includes speculating that a man in charge of player development who rates a young player highly and thinks he's ready for the first team hid that information from the manager/head coach for some unexplained reasons.

Occam's razor...

My bad, must have quoted the wrong post.

You seem to think that my belief that AVB would/could have achieved great things with us is influencing my opinion of Timmeh - that couldn't be further from the truth.

The only reason I wanted AVB to be given more time is that I thought he could go on to do a lot for us if given that time. The reason I want Timmeh replaced with a professional is that I don't believe he has what it takes.

That said, the second half of today was very good. It's taken him longer to get there than it should have, as most of the pieces were already in place, but he got there in the end.

If he hasn't undone any good work, then can I assume you believe we don't need any midfield solidity, we can get away with a huge gap between midfield and defence and that we can go at it 100% for 85 minutes of every match?

Ok Ok.

I can meet you halfway here because I also wanted AVB to be given time.....I really wanted us to have a man to strengthen us over a long period of time....to bring us glory....to grow with us with a new stadium. My Confidence was massively erroded by the City and more so the pool bashing....I was numb, I suggested he should offer his resignation but I wasnt calling for his head....although Affy's & KD's opinions were making me think more and more....and I was starting to see their point.

I really dont know what Tim has done to you personally but that last post of yours is perhaps the first post where you have given timmy any credit....albeit grudgeingly....

If you dont think Tim is qualified or good enough then fair enough...thats your opinion.....I am of the opinion we need more time to make a reasonable judgement however he has made a very impressive start.

I have tried to point out to you before my definition in 'controlling' of a game......again today we were 2+ goals up and we did well to maintain possesion after we conceded (ole posession football).... Basically get 2 goals up and demoralise the opposition....at 0-0 or 1-0 you can never say you are in control of a game because goals is and will always be the most important stat.

If we want to start the stats argument then AVB will compare Weakly to timmy at present....though I grant you we need a longer period in which to judge tim.

I thought Timmy made smart choices 'in game' maybe thats just me.

I think any analysis of AVB vs Tim has to be looked on through the consideration of the fact they are both trying to achieve different things - the ultimate goal is to achieve success with Spurs but they go about doing it in different ways and as such their versions of Spurs will have different strengths and weaknesses.

I don't look upon it as one failing to do something and the other sporting it and sorting it out. Different preferences for playing the game will have different results on the pitch, we can't be 100% good at everything and have to make choices about where we choose to excel. Short blanket theory.

I think Liverpool bypassed the midfield into the channels rather than cutting through, but that might be my failing memory again.

We are shutting down a little at the end of matches, but that's not quite the same as what I meant. We seem to go at it for most of the match and then close out the end. I don't think that's compatible with a high press style and think we need to be able to change the tempo throughout.

I don't believe I've said that Sherwood can't improve us or that he won't, more that there are managers out there with the experience and history that suggest they could/would.

And he still keeps saying stuff that makes me think he can't! It may be that he's just a dingdong, and if the results continue to be good then seeing as I don't believe in luck, it will be the only remaining option. I can live with that, but don't expect me to like him. But then he talks about wanting to employ Louise Redknapp's husband and that is not the action of a man with a fully functioning brain.

A question Scara:

You were one of those (including myself) arguing that the Modric - Huddlestone central midfield partnership was outstanding. You were the one saying that we didn't need a Parker type player and we would be better of with more passers in the team to help us control games.

Yet, AVB didn't sign or play any player that could be seen as a proper playmaker in the centre of the pitch. Not one. I thought it was harsh to describe his system as one with "two defensive midfielders", but it certainly wasn't anything close to the Modric - Huddlestone partnership in terms of ability on the ball, movement, passing tempo, pure outrageous ****ing skill or anything. Not even one of the players regularly used by AVB matched either of Hudd and Modric in these vital skills.

Sherwood comes in and he has the balls to introduce a 19 year old into the team to get us passing with more tempo, accuracy and purpose. A move clearly in the direction yourself, like me, argued for back in the day of the Modric - Huddlestone vs Parker debates. Yes, occasionally with Huddlestone someone is going to run straight through the middle with pace and Hudd would struggle to keep up, yes with a 19 year old Bentaleb in the team there's going to be space to be exploited in the middle at times. But at least we're passing, at least there are chances, purpose and plan to our attacking play. We have a deep playmaker again, someone with the guts to trust his touch in a tight spot, create the space and relase the ball to a well placed team mate instead of giving it back to the goalie to punt upfield.

What gives? Why doesn't this please you?

Really? ok.

Let's run with your agenda driven nonsense for a minute. Eriksen said last week that the one name he constantly heard when he first joined, regarding our reserves was Benteleb. He said he was constantly talked about....so....you think it's at all likely that he's been talked about constantly by the players but AVB has no clue who he is? ahhhh yeh maybe it's evil Tim who told the first X1 to 'hush up about nabil when Andre is around'.

He might have just said that Bentaleb was a talent, but not ready. There are all kinds of ways of keeping Bentaleb to make himself look good.

Just because there's an absence of conclusive evidence doesn't mean that every theory has equal validity.

The theory you presented includes speculating that a man in charge of player development who rates a young player highly and thinks he's ready for the first team hid that information from the manager/head coach for some unexplained reasons.

Occam's razor...

Actually I explained the reason in another post (I think in the should AVB have been sacked thread).

We've all worked with people that keep knowledge/assets from others in order to improve their own appearance. I'd say it's incredibly unlikely that nothing like that happens at the club - it happens in every other workplace.

I realise that not all theories are equally valid, but I have a problem with believing any rumours coming out of the club when there's via reason to believe many of the leaks come from Sherwood himself. I know there are two representations of what happened on twitter, but I am firstly on the side of it being true.

Back