• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

It was a life preserver.....anyone got a pic of Michael J Fox in Back to the future 1???

marty-mcfly.png

i think he is happy for the win

but its still a bitter sweet pill

so much stuff he has said about TS has gone to ****....now its going to be made up irrational stuff i would expect

As much as I disagree with GB, I really do not think that you are in a position to dig out other posters for having a sulk with a managerial appointment.

Once again Sherwood keeps it very light and superficial with the press, when asked about Chadli for Soldado there's no tactical stuff - just that a bit of rotation was needed. After the game it's all about giving players a stage, letting them play etc.

But on the pitch tactically he gets stuff right more often than not. Tactically one of the most impressive games so far under Sherwood today I thought, the change to a lone out and out striker was the right move and our pressing really worked.

Yes Swansea looked the best in the opening 15 today, but they were still really only creating long shot efforts.

Top post

I'm hoping he will treat the league as the main priority and not play our strongest 11 in meaningless games like if we've already won the first leg 6-0 and the 2nd leg should be a formality. Why we played a strong side in the last two Europa games I'll never know.
Absolutely correct. Total madness and undoubtedly affected our League form in my view.

Once again Sherwood keeps it very light and superficial with the press, when asked about Chadli for Soldado there's no tactical stuff - just that a bit of rotation was needed. After the game it's all about giving players a stage, letting them play etc.

But on the pitch tactically he gets stuff right more often than not. Tactically one of the most impressive games so far under Sherwood today I thought, the change to a lone out and out striker was the right move and our pressing really worked.

Yes Swansea looked the best in the opening 15 today, but they were still really only creating long shot efforts.

Agreed. He is without doubt smarter than he lets on to the press.

I wonder if the shape today also shows a bit of an ability to admit he got something wrong, or at the very least a degree of flexibility to his ideas. I mean, if you are worried about going to Swansea and not seeing enough of the ball because of the quality of their passing, surely you would have the same thoughts about Arsenal? But he didn't seem to. Maybe he decided to adjust based on that game and credit to him if so.

i believe the term is Gilet :lol:

a shame that for some a positive for Tim Sherwood has to go hand in hand with a negative for the previous manager. about time old arguments were put to bed i think

As much as I disagree with GB, I really do not think that you are in a position to dig out other posters for having a sulk with a managerial appointment.

sir , i really dont care if i am honest. swings and roundabouts.....i'm as plain as day.....and that puts me in a position to say exactly what i think i would hope

did i like AVBs tactics? No. Did i say so? yes.

did i give AVB credit when we won games? yes., was i happy when he won games? yes.

you see the difference there? Tottenham results came first and i didnt even ask for AVB to get moved on. Even though i didnt like him per say

my problem was not with AVB it was something which i will not mention cause i remember what happened the last time i did

On current form I would say Dawson deserves to be dropped of the two fit centre halves. But I do worry about having two attacking minded CB's

I agree on both points. On balance, I think that Chiriches and Vertonghen deserve a chance together but I do worry that there is no one there to do the ugly stuff.

AS didn't have a sulk about AVB's appoint? i don't remember that happening.

AS didn't have a sulk about AVB's appoint? i don't remember that happening.

thank you VERY much.

when we appointed AVB i didnt complain...but i was ALLEGEDLY already upset about something else and ALLEGEDLY some other people's behaviour

i believe the term is Gilet :lol:

a shame that for some a positive for Tim Sherwood has to go hand in hand with a negative for the previous manager. about time old arguments were put to bed i think

Here, here. Lets all move on.

Agreed. He is without doubt smarter than he lets on to the press.

I wonder if the shape today also shows a bit of an ability to admit he got something wrong, or at the very least a degree of flexibility to his ideas. I mean, if you are worried about going to Swansea and not seeing enough of the ball because of the quality of their passing, surely you would have the same thoughts about Arsenal? But he didn't seem to. Maybe he decided to adjust based on that game and credit to him if so.

I suspect that could be the case BoL and he is learning - but Im not surprised that he is learning so quickly. He didnt have much time at all to train with the players in December so he had to go with what he is used to and felt the players would be comfortable with.

Today it looked like the players felt comfortable with the formation (the first 20 mins they didnt and did comment on that) they made it look exciting dare I say it. The attacking intent and the pressing was intelligent and smart and whenever we pressed on a player the turnover of possession was simply vast.

In the Chiriches thread, AS is saying that when Chiriches went forward, Walker tucked in alongside Dawson and Lennon went to right back, then Dembele went to right wing and Chadli went to Dembele's position.

Thought it deserved to be mentioned in here, as that is a pretty huge tactical move if it happened a few times as mentioned.

Just to play Devil's advocate for a bit:
Is there really anyone left who still needs convincing?
Saints (A), WBA (H), Stoke (H), Man Utd (A), Palace (H) and Swansea (A)

You would expect a reasonable points haul from those games, no? Emirates Marketing Project, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming up, could change the look of the table.

I'm not having a go at him or anything, you still need to win those games and Saints/Man U away were good wins, but I don't think we need go overboard yet either.

In the Chiriches thread, AS is saying that when Chiriches went forward, Walker tucked in alongside Dawson and Lennon went to right back, then Dembele went to right wing and Chadli went to Dembele's position.

Thought it deserved to be mentioned in here, as that is a pretty huge tactical move if it happened a few times as mentioned.

I saw it once.

Do you guys think this was a planned tactical move executed by the players?

Or is it just a case of Chiriches being in a position to start/join a counter attack and disciplined players doing what they should do - cover?

Do you guys think this was a planned tactical move executed by the players?

Or is it just a case of Chiriches being in a position to start/join a counter attack and disciplined players doing what they should do - cover?

in the OMT thread I mentioned that rose a few times kept on coming infield a fair bit - especially the first 20 mins - maybe that was more instructions and tactics etc

Back