• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Is there really anyone left who still needs convincing?

P415_zps209d2276.png

After just 6 games, yes, but I'm pleasantly surprised and long may it continue.

Good luck to him, I really hope it woks for him.

Just to play Devil's advocate for a bit:

Saints (A), WBA (H), Stoke (H), Man Utd (A), Palace (H) and Swansea (A)

You would expect a reasonable points haul from those games, no? Emirates Marketing Project, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming up, could change the look of the table.

I'm not having a go at him or anything, you still need to win those games and Saints/Man U away were good wins, but I don't think we need go overboard yet either.

i think that people are too quick to deem someone a failure or a success based on too little information - i don't know if this is a modern trait or it was the same in the past but Sherwoods been here 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things (in charge of the team that is)

id have happily given AVB till the end of the season before being confident enough to say with any sort of conviction whether he was up to the job or not and now with Sherwood i don't think i'll have seen enough to make any kind of fair assessment until the end of next season - the early signs are encouraging though it has to be said

Do you guys think this was a planned tactical move executed by the players?

Or is it just a case of Chiriches being in a position to start/join a counter attack and disciplined players doing what they should do - cover?

i think the first

the second would suggest that we would often see the likes of nani , hazard etc sitting at full back positions in line with the back line often, which we dont..especially when the ball was on the OTHER side of the pitch to them

that was definately off key for me.

January 2014
Premier League Swansea 1-3 Tottenham Sun 19 Jan
Premier League Tottenham 2-0 Crystal Palace Sat 11 Jan
Premier League Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham Wed 1 Jan
Premier League Tottenham 3-0 Stoke Sun 29 Dec
Premier League Tottenham 1-1 West Brom Thu 26 Dec
Premier League Southampton 2-3 Tottenham Sun 22 Dec[/QUOTE]

The thing that strikes me about those results is 14 goals scored, in 6 games. Very pleasing.

Agreed. He is without doubt smarter than he lets on to the press.

No doubt about that. What purpose would it serve anyway to tell the press about every tactical disposition or strategy you're deploying during a match? There's absolutely nothing to gain from it. A very smart move by Sherwood to simply be charming and go along with the lull of the press. Long may it continue.

No doubt about that. What purpose would it serve anyway to tell the press about every tactical disposition or strategy you're deploying during a match? There's absolutely nothing to gain from it. A very smart move by Sherwood to simply be charming and go along with the lull of the press. Long may it continue.

having worked here during both Redknapp and AVBs time he possibly worked out what type of character the press responds to (and as a result makes his job that little bit easier)

In the Chiriches thread, AS is saying that when Chiriches went forward, Walker tucked in alongside Dawson and Lennon went to right back, then Dembele went to right wing and Chadli went to Dembele's position.

Thought it deserved to be mentioned in here, as that is a pretty huge tactical move if it happened a few times as mentioned.

With two right backs on the pitch, Dembele at one point dropped to RB as Naughton drifted into a CM position when we had possession too.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

The good thing now is we have 10 days' prep for City.

Get Sandro and Vertonghen fit, get the DVD's out and work on a strategy to give us a fighting chance.

Meanwhile, City have 2 games I think, so always a chance to pick up a couple of knocks or a suspension.

AS didn't have a sulk about AVB's appoint? i don't remember that happening.

I don't really care what you call it but he criticised AVB at every opportunity for ulterior motives which is exactly what GB is doing now with Sherwood. Personally, I think that both attitudes stink, factionalism has made this place unreadable at times.

Facking ell, that game against City looks like a proper hard'un.

Warming to Sherwood, comes across well IMO and so far, so good.

Facking ell, that game against City looks like proper hard'un.

i think maybe it's come at a very good time for us - after this run of good form i think that there's as little pressure on the outcome as there could have been, at this stage of the season anyhow. City are on fire and we could be forgiven for losing the game so hopefully that gives us a bit of freedom to go out there and do our thing

i think maybe it's come at a very good time for us - after this run of good form i think that there's as little pressure on the outcome as there could have been, at this stage of the season anyhow. City are on fire and we could be forgiven for losing the game so hopefully that gives us a bit of freedom to go out there and do our thing

Nail on head.

10 days to wait to watch my exciting team:(

gonna save it till the OMT but I reckon we should go all Bayern Munich on their ass come the 28th....

I don't really care what you call it but he criticised AVB at every opportunity for ulterior motives which is exactly what GB is doing now with Sherwood. Personally, I think that both attitudes stink, factionalism has made this place unreadable at times.

Come on man, that really didn't happen the way you're saying it.

GB is on another level with his 'criticism'. He's flat out not giving the manager a chance, choosing to support the opposition whenever we play.He goes as far to make **** up...and then ignore posts when it's pointed out to him. Was AS even against the AVB appointment? he seemed pretty fair when making judgements on results, on performances, on everything. Fair enough he didn't like the double standards on show, regarding the treatment of Redknapp and AVB (i'm sure you know i didn't either), but i don't remember him claiming AVB had ulterior motives.

I do agree with the last part of your post...but it's not going to change...especially when the owner of the site is clearly part of the "factionalism" problem that you speak of (since Sherwood has taken over anyway). hell his latest post insinuates that Sherwood deliberately kept Benteleb away from AVB, which is why the previous manager wasn't aware of him:ross:

Didn't support the appointment of TS though, fair play to TS, results have been great so far. Performances have been better than under AVB (could they have been worse?) though not convinced that if a neutral with no knowledge of our position had watched the games under TS that they would say we are a team close to the top 4. IMO, we look like a 6th - 8th placed team. Maybe performances will pick up when Sandro and Verts are back

To give him the benefit of the doubt he hasn't had a lot of time on the training pitch to work with the team since he took over because of the packed Christmas schedule. It will be interesting to see how the style of play develops over the next few weeks.

This is part of my point when I mention undoing the good work already done.

The team already knows how to slow down play and take control for a while. We've been doing it for half a season - he shouldn't need any training ground time to make them able to do that.

This is part of my point when I mention undoing the good work already done.

The team already knows how to slow down play and take control for a while. We've been doing it for half a season - he shouldn't need any training ground time to make them able to do that.

I dont understand.

He was responding to my post where I said it was pleasing that Tim had worked on a plan for a week and that it was pleasing how it all came off for us.

I dont think these posts are serious anymore....at least BOL although a big AVB fan can look objectively at whats happening now and contribute to a reasonable discussion. So far today you have posted how tim needs a footballers guide for dummies,then your accusing Tim of not bringing Bentaleb to AVB's attention...and now you are banging on about good work being undone by tim?????? wtf is going on here?????? im sure your laughing to yourself at this point its just farcical....

to qoute everyone's favourite KD 'you couldn't make this sh** up ':ross:

Interested to know what he's undone in your view? In terms of style of play or in terms of structure and set-up of the club's playing staff/training methods across the boards? One thing I would say is that Les Ferdinand is not who i want coaching my strikers!!!!!

I agree about Ferdinand. He's the first striker I remember make the now typical "good striker joins Spurs, becomes sh1t" move.

The bits that he's taken apart are:

Core midfield. We didn't have teams run through the middle of us. Ever. Now it happens a few times every match. Had we been up against a team with their shooting boots on we'd have been on the end of a loss that AVB could only dream of.

Tempo. We don't have different tempos to match with where the game is anymore. We just have flat out followed by slow for the last 5 mins if we're winning.

Control of the game. Whilst our matches must be incredibly entertaining for the neutral now, the best description of our style I've seen is the "two drunks slugging it out in a pub car park" quote. People in England have been mistaking this for good football for a long time now, mainly due to Sky telling us that all the time.

Timmeh 's got us scoring again, and that's great. But the real trick is to score without breaking the above, not something easily done.

Back