• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Maybe the whole foreign manager thing is because over the last two decades England as a national team haven't done much at all. As a nation we look off the pace compared to our European counterparts so most people want to see a manager who can bring some of the mentality/skills that has helped those countries thrive. I for one don't mind what nationality we bring in, so long as their ideals match that of our club and the results are positive. In this league I think having a first hand idea of what clubs like Stoke can do to you is a benefit and having a man who has won a title as a player is great, hopefully he instil a mindset into our players of winners.

The last English coach to win a major honour was Howard Wilkinson more than 20 years ago.

I'd love an English coach, but they just aren't schooled well enough and have retrograde attitudes. They just aren't competitive.

AVB was 1/4 English anyway - enough to claim citizenship or represent the country at sport.

FA Cup:

Joe Royle 94/95
Harry Redknapp 07/08

League Cup:

Ron Atkinson 93/94
Roy Evans 94/95
Brian Little 95/96
Steve McClaren 03/04

McClaren has also won the Dutch league, not to mention 3 PL titles, one FA cup and the CL as assistant manager at ManU, which was pretty much a head coach position.

Bobby Robson has two Portuguese league titles, one Portuguese cup, one Spanish cup, one Spanish Super cup and one Cup winner's cup.

The last English coach to win a major honour was Howard Wilkinson more than 20 years ago.

I'd love an English coach, but they just aren't schooled well enough and have retrograde attitudes. They just aren't competitive.

AVB was 1/4 English anyway - enough to claim citizenship or represent the country at sport.

I think that it is just a statistical anomaly. Scotland is hardly known for its progressive approach to football and yet... All it takes is one talented individual to turn that anomaly on its head, so it seems strange to me to write off an individual before they have a chance to prove themselves because of their nationality.

I wonder how Sherwood will treat the Europa league. Has he made any comments about this yet?

Not sure if he's made any comments, but you'd imagine he'll treat the EL like he's treated the other two cup competitions

I'm hoping he will treat the league as the main priority and not play our strongest 11 in meaningless games like if we've already won the first leg 6-0 and the 2nd leg should be a formality. Why we played a strong side in the last two Europa games I'll never know.

EL is ripe for bedding the newbies IMO, especially Lemela, just tell
him he's playing 90mins regardless of performance and he might play with a little less fear hopefully

That article... These journalists get paid to write bull****. Says 4 wins and a draw in first six premier league games, with the defeat to arsenal.... Amateur!

Great stuff from timmy today.

good that we will keep opponents guessing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Just impressed that we worked on a plan all week and it came off a treat.

Was great to watch us push right up on their back 4 and really force them into mistakes. Shelvey got into some good positions though which was probably the only issue for us

Great stuff from timmy today.

good that we will keep opponents guessing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Just impressed that we worked on a plan all week and it came off a treat.

Thats what having the opportunity to finally train with the players does for you. TS hasnt had much opportunity to train with the players - christmas and new years is and was just about getting the job done. He has ten days now (thankfully) to strengthen and reinforce his plans for ****ty

The question then becomes does he stick with Daws and Vlad or bring in Vertonghen?

The question then becomes does he stick with Daws and Vlad or bring in Vertonghen?

Hoping and praying Dawson gets dropped for Verts as soon as he's fit again, Dawson is an accident waiting to happen, don't know how he gets away with his silly fould, but one day he wont!

But a Vertonghen who isn't match sharp?? Might be too soon to start him against a team like Emirates Marketing Project

Gutterboy, grow up and stop being such an anglophobe
Why would Scottish managers do so much better than English managers at present, is it due to their schooling?

January 2014
Premier League Swansea 1-3 Tottenham Sun 19 Jan
Premier League Tottenham 2-0 Crystal Palace Sat 11 Jan
Premier League Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham Wed 1 Jan
Premier League Tottenham 3-0 Stoke Sun 29 Dec
Premier League Tottenham 1-1 West Brom Thu 26 Dec
Premier League Southampton 2-3 Tottenham Sun 22 Dec

Gutterboy, grow up and stop being such an anglophobe
Why would Scottish managers do so much better than English managers at present, is it due to their schooling?

January 2014
Premier League Swansea 1-3 Tottenham Sun 19 Jan
Premier League Tottenham 2-0 Crystal Palace Sat 11 Jan
Premier League Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham Wed 1 Jan
Premier League Tottenham 3-0 Stoke Sun 29 Dec
Premier League Tottenham 1-1 West Brom Thu 26 Dec
Premier League Southampton 2-3 Tottenham Sun 22 Dec

But Bullet you're forgetting one thing, we could have won 20 drawn 1 and lost 0 and GB would still **** off Sherwood. He has no comprehension of reality compared to his blinkered Anti-Sherwood views so never expect sense from him.

Back