• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I honestly did, I realise it's folly now but I bought into that whole Elvis/Beatles thing and completely forgot that transfer fees are based on assumed potential and not current ability

Eriksen has been ok and steadily improved (and in the west ham case, it was a shocker and Holtby had played well in EL matches so deserved a shot)but lamela looks really really raw, unless he's tearing up trees in training it's no surprise he's barely featured, I think he might need 12 months plus

I honestly did, I realise it's folly now but I bought into that whole Elvis/Beatles thing and completely forgot that transfer fees are based on assumed potential and not current ability

Eriksen has been ok and steadily improved (and in the west ham case, it was a shocker and Holtby had played well in EL matches so deserved a shot)but lamela looks really really raw, unless he's tearing up trees in training it's no surprise he's barely featured, I think he might need 12 months plus

I said all along that we would miss out on the top so no one can accuse me of setting unrealistic targets, but I still expected at least one or two of the new players to look decent.

Eriksen has started scoring since Sherwood came in. He was hardly the only player he played badly against West Ham but it seemed like he was the spacegoat.

Re: Official - Holtby

Who is happy. Absolute shambles.

Need to park him somewhere safe out of harms way and bring him back when business starts again in the summer

The majority of the fans who are happy with the brand of attacking football and 13 points from 15, Levy, the players who are performing. Oh that was rhetorical?

btw GB you've been asked by two people on the Sherwood thread to point out where Sherwood said Pochettino has no experience etc etc?

The majority of the fans who are happy with the brand of attacking football and 13 points from 15, Levy, the players who are performing. Oh that was rhetorical?

btw GB you've been asked by two people on the Sherwood thread to point out where Sherwood said Pochettino has no experience etc etc?

I thought I said qualified, rather than experienced. It was this whole pea****ing ********:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Pochettino-Spurs-job-harder-Southampton.html

I thought I said qualified, rather than experienced. It was this whole pea****ing ********:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Pochettino-Spurs-job-harder-Southampton.html

Ah that's right, you said:

"Although a bit ironic he criticising another coach for not being qualified enough".

So which part is him criticising for not being qualified? please point me to the paragraph you're referring to because i've read it 5 times and still can't see it?

Ah that's right, you said:

"Although a bit ironic he criticising another coach for not being qualified enough".

So which part is him criticising for not being qualified? please point me to the paragraph you're referring to because i've read it 5 times and still can't see it?

The whole thing. Why the **** is he even talking about him. It's like an ugly girl ****ging off a fit girl she doesn't know by calling her bitchy.

Which is one of the key component to being a good number 10. What good is an attacking midfielder if he's wondering around in the DM position. He can be as skilful, as creative as he wants but if he's never in the right position, he becomes a hinderance as he isolates the striker.

I see him playing in Dembele's position longer term - a deeper sitting ball player. I think it's a shame to waste his industry too far up the pitch.

Ok so your issue is him talking about Pochettino and nothing to do with "criticising him for not being qualified".

Regarding Holtby, the way you see him isn't the way our previous manager saw him. He had countless opportunities to play him in a deeper role but didn't even try it out in Europa games. He played once in a deeper role under Sherwood and was shocking. Yes he could possibly play that role in a midfield 3 but i'm not holding my breath.

It really wasn't the greatest interview he could've given...

Apart from he didn't say half of the things that are being attributed to him by the Mail and GB. I'd love someone to pick one Sherwood quote out of the article that people think is out of order.

I had an irrational hatred of TS just as I did with Harry. Felt justified at the end of Harrys reign when he *****d himself for the National job. BUT I am starting to believe Tim loves the club and really wants to do great things with Spurs. The results are more than acceptable and I actually think he is alot cleverer than people realise. His interviews suggest he knows exactly what the club needs, what the fans wants, what the obvious problems are, how to respect our financial constraints as a club and much more.

I am fully behind him now. COYS

Apart from he didn't say half of the things that are being attributed to him by the Mail and GB. I'd love someone to pick one Sherwood quote out of the article that people think is out of order.

I think you might have a long wait!

This thread gets more absurd by the day. After the Liverpool game I wanted AVB gone, but I'll admit I wasn't overly impressed with the appointment of Sherwood but I saw the value of promoting from within, I mean we've exhausted just about every other avenue haven't we? We've gone foreign, we've gone for young, upcoming promising managers, wily old foxes, English managers, the lot. The guy has won 4 out of 5 league games and we've already seen an improvement in the style of play especially from an attacking sense.

He's basically Arry mk II in some posters eyes i.e. "run around a bit" not much of tactician, too chummy with the media, yawn. AVB wasn't the tactical mastermind that some thought he was, deal with it. Sherwood may lose the next 8 games on the spin, but until then can't we just judge him based on what we have seen so far and not want him to fail or refuse to give him credit when he proves people wrong? I can see exactly where this is going, if we somehow manage to finish in the top 4 (which isn't out of the question but will be tough) then he'll get no credit at all because it's AVB's team, it's a no win situation for him. I swear some fans only want the manager to succeed if he's foreign.

This thread gets more absurd by the day. After the Liverpool game I wanted AVB gone, but I'll admit I wasn't overly impressed with the appointment of Sherwood but I saw the value of promoting from within, I mean we've exhausted just about every other avenue haven't we? We've gone foreign, we've gone for young, upcoming promising managers, wily old foxes, English managers, the lot. The guy has won 4 out of 5 league games and we've already seen an improvement in the style of play especially from an attacking sense.

He's basically Arry mk II in some posters eyes i.e. "run around a bit" not much of tactician, too chummy with the media, yawn. AVB wasn't the tactical mastermind that some thought he was, deal with it. Sherwood may lose the next 8 games on the spin, but until then can't we just judge him based on what we have seen so far and not want him to fail or refuse to give him credit when he proves people wrong? I can see exactly where this is going, if we somehow manage to finish in the top 4 (which isn't out of the question but will be tough) then he'll get no credit at all because it's AVB's team, it's a no win situation for him. I swear some fans only want the manager to succeed if he's foreign.

Probably a bit like how if we finish 8th/9th and get humiliated by Dnipro in the EL, it will be because "it's still AVB's team"

Probably a bit like how if we finish 8th/9th and get humiliated by Dnipro in the EL, it will be because "it's still AVB's team"

No, Sherwood will rightfully get criticism if and when that happens. I've said all season that 5th should be our aim, I see nothing to change that as it stands.

its like what's the point in changing if the results are the same. but levy must bear most of the blame for the change. sherwood, like AVB, to take the blame for decisions in the game itself. in our case, baldini needs to take blame for transfers too. and sherwood - like AVB - must demonstrate the ability to bring a team together and get more points than before. which avb has done and sherwood has to aim for. othersie ...why change?

and if AVB was given only half a season before judgement... shouldn't Sherwood come under the same scrutiny?

Last edited:

The last English coach to win a major honour was Howard Wilkinson more than 20 years ago.

I'd love an English coach, but they just aren't schooled well enough and have retrograde attitudes. They just aren't competitive.

AVB was 1/4 English anyway - enough to claim citizenship or represent the country at sport.

No, Sherwood will rightfully get criticism if and when that happens. I've said all season that 5th should be our aim, I see nothing to change that as it stands.

Agree with your first post.....yes Sherwood deserves criticism for his games this season. if he finishes 8th thats not good enough....anyone saying if we finish 4th its down to AVB would need to have a cat scan.(although he was responsible for decent away form for us and thats not forgotten by me)

As for aiming 5th???????? with the outlay we have spent we cant aim for 5th imo....we should aim right for the top! of course this season looks like we have left ourselves to much to do but its not beyond the realms of possibility. anything less than top 4 is a failure for us this season and a massive missed opportunity with utd in transition and pool lacking depth (but not quality).

Long term we need to look beyond this 4th place mentality.......we cant blame sheikhs or money men......we have no excuses we gave it a go this season.....so top 4 while they settle and then a strong push for the top next year.......we need a finish first mentality at this club because there is no glory in 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th.#

I think its nice to point the blame at one person....sometimes its easy that way....but the fact is if we dont make top 4 then the players,tim,AVB,Bladini,medical staff & Levy are all culpable..... but not the tea lady she does a cracking job.

Agree with your first post.....yes Sherwood deserves criticism for his games this season. if he finishes 8th thats not good enough....anyone saying if we finish 4th its down to AVB would need to have a cat scan.(although he was responsible for decent away form for us and thats not forgotten by me)

As for aiming 5th???????? with the outlay we have spent we cant aim for 5th imo....we should aim right for the top! of course this season looks like we have left ourselves to much to do but its not beyond the realms of possibility. anything less than top 4 is a failure for us this season and a massive missed opportunity with utd in transition and pool lacking depth (but not quality).

Long term we need to look beyond this 4th place mentality.......we cant blame sheikhs or money men......we have no excuses we gave it a go this season.....so top 4 while they settle and then a strong push for the top next year.......we need a finish first mentality at this club because there is no glory in 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th.#

I think its nice to point the blame at one person....sometimes its easy that way....but the fact is if we dont make top 4 then the players,tim,AVB,Bladini,medical staff & Levy are all culpable..... but not the tea lady she does a cracking job.

:ross::ross:

Source?

Not sure what anyone's opinion on TS has to do with if AVB was good/****? People have concerns re TS suitability for the job, how is that related to AVB?

I also think it's not that people want a foreign coach to succeed, it's similar to it's not that people want foreign players, it's simply most people realize that success is almost an exclusive to foreign coaches in the PL, and the best player/cost combinations are almost exclusively foreign as well.

Back