• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

To live in the whacky world of Gutterboy would be epic ... even the fails would be twisted into wins ... and every win would have an association with Pochettino... got to love the guy.

The Eze thing is fairly straight-forward. Palace want a large chunk of the release clause upfront, certainly not something Levy usually sanctions as often our transfer deals take extra time precisely because of the terms DL likes to strike. If we wanted to take up Palace on their fee, it's clear and we'd do it. I would be shocked at this point if Eze came to us TBH. I think a Chiesa-type signing is more likely (albeit not convinced specifically on his deal happening either)...one name I do wonder about is Gibbs-White. He was linked early and nothing since. A versatile and very creative player...
I like Gibbs White a lot, but I have a feeling that profile of player we have targeted is Ramsey. Romano said a few days ago that the Ramsey Lo Celso swap was a thing that both parties are interested in, but not advanced yet. I think that is one of the deals Ange is referring to that is still on.....

Nope - just that its an option if Son and Maddison are getting the nod over him in his two more preferred roles.
It just doesn’t add up
Eze is quality
But we have players who can play that role in the team. We have young players coming though too
I’m not saying don’t buy him. It’s would be a great problem to have for sure.

I like Gibbs White a lot, but I have a feeling that profile of player we have targeted is Ramsey. Romano said a few days ago that the Ramsey Lo Celso swap was a thing that both parties are interested in, but not advanced yet. I think that is one of the deals Ange is referring to that is still on.....
I’d love that deal because it’s actually a good one all round

It just doesn’t add up
Eze is quality
But we have players who can play that role in the team. We have young players coming though too
I’m not saying don’t buy him. It’s would be a great problem to have for sure.
We dont really have a Udogie cover - its why Donely and Skipp are filling in there. But that role is so unique, it fits a midfielder almost more than it does a natural FB

What's the general consensus on Chiesa as a potential signing?

I haven't seen him enough to really have a firm view one way or the other but seems to tick some boxes or playing across the front line as well as being a pain in the arse for defenders.

It seems to makes sense as a move without a "OMG I can't believed we managed to get him in" kind of feeling. I'd guess that most would happily have him in the squad in place of Gill / Solomon.

What's the general consensus on Chiesa as a potential signing?

I haven't seen him enough to really have a firm view one way or the other but seems to tick some boxes or playing across the front line as well as being a pain in the arse for defenders.

It seems to makes sense as a move without a "OMG I can't believed we managed to get him in" kind of feeling. I'd guess that most would happily have him in the squad in place of Gill / Solomon.
Without checking the facts my feeling is that he’s injury-prone.

Back