• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Progression

This, City will still be City, Arsenal is likely to still be up there, Chelsea & Pool will be unknowns, United will do their fudging Jekyll and Hyde brick all season, and there will be a surprise club in top 8.

We need to be better than last season, hopefully have less injuries, concede less goals and potentially see the system work better with players getting it more and having younger players to keep tempo up.

This, City will still be City, Arsenal is likely to still be up there, Chelsea & Pool will be unknowns, United will do their fudging Jekyll and Hyde brick all season, and there will be a surprise club in top 8.

We need to be better than last season, hopefully have less injuries, concede less goals and potentially see the system work better with players getting it more and having younger players to keep tempo up.
United will be in the relegation mix, until they throw panic money at it in january

Arsenal and City don't need as much as we do nor Liverpool albeit with a new coach coming in. Chelsea have brought in the same number of players as ourselves with similar profile mix of starters/squad guys.

Can I ask what is it going to be our year for?
Taking part in the battle for the top 6?

Ange Postecoglou on transfers: "At this time of year it’s pretty hard for supporters because they don’t have all the information and it’s fair to say there’s plenty of misinformation out there.

We’re working hard to bring players in and it’s a process that you sometimes have to be patient with. But in terms of what we set out to do, that’s still the plan and you have to stay disciplined with that.

Sometimes the timings don’t work out and it doesn’t happen as quickly as you want and you don’t get them in at the right time but I thnk it’s really important you stay disciplined and not run off and chase other things.

So, what we started with at the start of summer are still there, and I wouldn’t want to put timelines on it. A lot of that is out of our control and we just need to be patient.

From where I sit at the moment we’re still in that phase where what we identified is still what we’re after."

Essentially, our first choice signing are still available and we are working on it.

Could be they are working on replacements before they sell. Similar to what we did with bale and kane. Everything agreed in principle.

It did seem like that. In which case it would be a high value transfer. With say Palace not wishing everyone to know they have 50m burning a hole in their pocket.

Arsenal and City don't need as much as we do nor Liverpool albeit with a new coach coming in. Chelsea have brought in the same number of players as ourselves with similar profile mix of starters/squad guys.

Realistically top 4, possibly top 3 if Slot doesn’t hit the ground running with Liverpool. I think the top 2 will definitely be City and Arsenal in some order. Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal go all the way this year but equally wouldn’t be shocked if City win it again.

Arsenal need a striker
They still aren’t being really linked with one which i find odd
Signing another CB is a strange move as good as he may be

The Eze thing is fairly straight-forward. Palace want a large chunk of the release clause upfront, certainly not something Levy usually sanctions as often our transfer deals take extra time precisely because of the terms DL likes to strike. If we wanted to take up Palace on their fee, it's clear and we'd do it. I would be shocked at this point if Eze came to us TBH. I think a Chiesa-type signing is more likely (albeit not convinced specifically on his deal happening either)...one name I do wonder about is Gibbs-White. He was linked early and nothing since. A versatile and very creative player...

It was a joke because of the negativity of the post previous

Chelsea haven’t brought in any players for their actual team IIRC. They are signing a goalkeeper who doesn’t even play for his country… he may be good

Pool need options still unless they’re gonna wing the system with Arne. He is a good coach and one I wanted. I wonder how much Trent and Salahs contract will hang over them

Arsenal haven’t been linked with a striker. Their huge weakness. Signing a potentially great CB to add to the ones they had is odd. They are making their area of strength the same

City are who they are. They can pick anyone because they can buy anyone

United haven’t signed anyone so far of note… unless Zitkee plays ahead of the other very expensive striker they brought and the kid CB is faultless

Seeing the players we have signed and the youth just kick on when getting their game time so far is for me, a massive thing.

People say it’s only pre season. United didn’t beat rosenborg. Pool lost to Preston I think. All you can is play your way into Anges thought and our kids are doing that. I wouldn’t want us signing a player short term if we think a youngster can step up next season.

It’s why I want Toney because he gets us over that line of letting players develop and in the right experience and age for thag

The Eze thing is fairly straight-forward. Palace want a large chunk of the release clause upfront, certainly not something Levy usually sanctions as often our transfer deals take extra time precisely because of the terms DL likes to strike. If we wanted to take up Palace on their fee, it's clear and we'd do it. I would be shocked at this point if Eze came to us TBH. I think a Chiesa-type signing is more likely (albeit not convinced specifically on his deal happening either)...one name I do wonder about is Gibbs-White. He was linked early and nothing since. A versatile and very creative player...
Eze is quality but I don’t see where he plays for us, relative to the fee
I wanted him when he was at QPR

Gibbs white I wanted when playing youth World Cup as a DM. Such talent and missed by wolves so they could play some average Portugal players (and some good ones)

Back