• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

What's the general consensus on Chiesa as a potential signing?

I haven't seen him enough to really have a firm view one way or the other but seems to tick some boxes or playing across the front line as well as being a pain in the arse for defenders.

It seems to makes sense as a move without a "OMG I can't believed we managed to get him in" kind of feeling. I'd guess that most would happily have him in the squad in place of Gill / Solomon.

He would have made perfect sense if we hadn't signed Werner. Chiesa is much better than Werner, but they'd both be doing the same role in the squad (bridging the LW baton passing from Son to Moore).

I think his versatility is a bit overstated. He's a LW, who can do a job elsewhere. But cutting in from the left on his right foot is kind of his thing.

He would have made perfect sense if we hadn't signed Werner. Chiesa is much better than Werner, but they'd both be doing the same role in the squad (bridging the LW baton passing from Son to Moore).

I think his versatility is a bit overstated. He's a LW, who can do a job elsewhere. But cutting in from the left on his right foot is kind of his thing.
Except chiesa plays right wing
He played there for Italy and Juve
Personally I’ve never seen him play LW
Juve brought him in and binned Kulu who also played RW

Juve bought chiesa and loaned kulu to parma. Where he won serie a, young player of the year. "Binned" is a bit harsh.

I wasn’t having a go at kulu
Just that GB claiming chiesa played the other side … I’ve never seen him play there

Agree, he kept kulu either out of the side or not playing on the right as much.

I'm just anal when it comes to keeping things factual. As it keeps debates based in reality.

I really don't know about chiesa. Similar to dybala last summer. Dybala seemed past it (injury prone) but had a great season for roma.

I'm just anal when it comes to keeping things factual. As it keeps debates based in reality.

I really don't know about chiesa. Similar to dybala last summer. Dybala seemed past it (injury prone) but had a great season for roma.
Chiesa is a very good player and a game changer type
I think in Italy his dad has always been the “player”so that baggage never helped
He also plays a more creative and fluid game than most Italians
Would be a nice option to have for sure
But i also think this season is so finally balanced with the young players we have ready to explode IMO
We can’t block their path unless it’s a “real player”
We have some stocking fillers already that needed addressing (Gil looks done) and we can’t dk that again with an elite youth squad for once.
I am biased but I went to see them a few times last season and they were so good. Comfortable with and without the ball in most cases which is genuinely rare. We had lad who were better than expensive imports and were here as kids. Ain’t anything better
Ange has to make brave calls this summer. I think less is more for once and I know fans will loan but the fruit will be seen from it

Chiesa is a very good player and a game changer type
I think in Italy his dad has always been the “player”so that baggage never helped
He also plays a more creative and fluid game than most Italians
Would be a nice option to have for sure
But i also think this season is so finally balanced with the young players we have ready to explode IMO
We can’t block their path unless it’s a “real player”
We have some stocking fillers already that needed addressing (Gil looks done) and we can’t dk that again with an elite youth squad for once

Yeah would like anyone brought in to be world class or approaching that. We have a lot of very good players already. Only exception would be a back up lb if we can't get eze ;).

I think, like Bale, he switched as he got older. I.e. he played orthodox when he was raw, but then became inverted as became more experienced. Left has been his position for a good few years now. Watch his highlights reel from last season - everything is from the left:

I think, like Bale, he switched as he got older. I.e. he played orthodox when he was raw, but then became inverted as became more experienced. Left has been his position for a good few years now. Watch his highlights reel from last season - everything is from the left:

That’s under an idiot coach
Sorry but I’m not having it
That’s why he wants to leave
If you have a manager playing you in the wrong position it will make you unhappy

Just googled it and he played as a s second forward rather than left wing

That’s under an idiot coach
Sorry but I’m not having it
That’s why he wants to leave
If you have a manager playing you in the wrong position it will make you unhappy

Just googled it and he played as a s second forward rather than left wing
Also an obvious adaptation to losing some of his pace from the injury. Becoming a playmaker and a goalscorer, rather than a crosser

Been very good/excellent whenever I've seen him (only 6 or 7 games mind). Bit more experienced and can play either right, left or central. For £20m, well worth it IMO.

Been very good/excellent whenever I've seen him (only 6 or 7 games mind). Bit more experienced and can play either right, left or central. For £20m, well worth it IMO.

It's a good deal, but we have a few players that can play a few positions across the front 3

For me, what we need is someone who plays the no.9 role and will score with the chances we create.

I haven't seen enough of him at a striker to know if he can do that.

Reality has no place on the internet. Just write what you like most users are gullible enough to believe anything they read or hear.

How about playing him at LB? 😀

Back