• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

correct
I’m blood glad we got bergvall, Werner and Gray in already

When I see that pool still haven’t signed anyone or Arsenal or Chelsea (unless you think the signings they have brought for Strasbourg count) I can’t help but be excited

I see Villa selling their best player and replacing him with an inferior one

City have only brought a guy they already owned

And we also now have the extra benefit of the youth players who did so well last year

It’s gonna be our year

2 more set to join us in jan aswell.

Obviously we'd like more. Paul Okeef reckons we've got 2 to 3 more to come in. Gil and emerson might be out the door soon. Pretty sure someone will come in for reguillon aswell.

Then we have a wealth of young talent who might put themselves in line for a first team squad place next season.

Seems like things are coming together.

2 more set to join us in jan aswell.

Obviously we'd like more. Paul Okeef reckons we've got 2 to 3 more to come in. Gil and emerson might be out the door soon. Pretty sure someone will come in for reguillon aswell.

Then we have a wealth of young talent who might put themselves in line for a first team squad place next season.

Seems like things are coming together.
2 more for Jan?

The korean lad and the romanian lad. (I'll learn how to spell their names properly when they're here).
Who is the Romanian?
I know about the Korean guy
Although I assume he will be out on a loan for some time to build up his points for his work permit

Ange Postecoglou on transfers: "At this time of year it’s pretty hard for supporters because they don’t have all the information and it’s fair to say there’s plenty of misinformation out there.

We’re working hard to bring players in and it’s a process that you sometimes have to be patient with. But in terms of what we set out to do, that’s still the plan and you have to stay disciplined with that.

Sometimes the timings don’t work out and it doesn’t happen as quickly as you want and you don’t get them in at the right time but I thnk it’s really important you stay disciplined and not run off and chase other things.

So, what we started with at the start of summer are still there, and I wouldn’t want to put timelines on it. A lot of that is out of our control and we just need to be patient.

From where I sit at the moment we’re still in that phase where what we identified is still what we’re after."

Ange Postecoglou on transfers: "At this time of year it’s pretty hard for supporters because they don’t have all the information and it’s fair to say there’s plenty of misinformation out there.

We’re working hard to bring players in and it’s a process that you sometimes have to be patient with. But in terms of what we set out to do, that’s still the plan and you have to stay disciplined with that.

Sometimes the timings don’t work out and it doesn’t happen as quickly as you want and you don’t get them in at the right time but I thnk it’s really important you stay disciplined and not run off and chase other things.

So, what we started with at the start of summer are still there, and I wouldn’t want to put timelines on it. A lot of that is out of our control and we just need to be patient.

From where I sit at the moment we’re still in that phase where what we identified is still what we’re after."

Ties in with the p o'keef stuff. We seem to have put in bids and are waiting for the other clubs to agree.

Had me excited for a second
I don’t think we will see the Croatian lad until next summer at the earliest
Not allowed are we? Thought there were work permit restrictions?

On another tangent I loved Ange comments about our targets being our targets and they have not changed, exactly what I have said and its the right way to deal. Get the right players not those against a clock, there is no time limit, well there is, but you know

That's Ange banned from SC

correct
I’m blood glad we got bergvall, Werner and Gray in already

When I see that pool still haven’t signed anyone or Arsenal or Chelsea (unless you think the signings they have brought for Strasbourg count) I can’t help but be excited

I see Villa selling their best player and replacing him with an inferior one

City have only brought a guy they already owned

And we also now have the extra benefit of the youth players who did so well last year

It’s gonna be our year
Arsenal and City don't need as much as we do nor Liverpool albeit with a new coach coming in. Chelsea have brought in the same number of players as ourselves with similar profile mix of starters/squad guys.

Can I ask what is it going to be our year for?

Back