• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

We are 3 windows in now. Miles off. I feel sorry for him because ultimately he’s not going to get what he needs and he’ll be gone. Seen it all before. The eternal optimists fair play. We are not moving the needle this season if our squad stays as is in my opinion.

Time will tell. Let’s revisit in May . Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong but can’t see it.

2 and a half. How long did pep or klop take to get going?

He might not do it. But there is a difference between an eternal optimist snd an eternal cynic.

We tend to do business when we’re “home”
Who have we historically signed when on tour?

Didn't know that was a thing ... is it? We have people around the world and at home doing the business. Don't think there is any correlation as we are only ever away for such a small time period in the year

We tend to do business when we’re “home”
Who have we historically signed when on tour?

That's actually true. Maddison and Viacrio came in early last summer, then Philips, vdV and Veliz in a group between 5th-8th August.

I guess we need Ange back for all the scarf aloft photos on the pitch.

Doesn’t Ange like to meet the new players, first impressions and all of that? I doubt we will be signing anyone until he is there to speak to them first.

It's all very quiet, isn't it? When we had Don Paratici doing business, it was a complete circus 24/7, always someone on the radar - now there's barely even any rumours.

Kaydoe Florentina FB
Kabore City FB
Geuhi Palace CB
Rabiot PSG MF
Gallagher Chelsea MF
Eze Palace MF
Neto Wolves F
Solanke Bournemouth F
Chiesa Juventas F
Toney Brentford F
The Belgian wonderkid cant remember his name F
Player in Turkiye with Polish sounding name F

There are probably many more, should be enough rumours for anyone.

Kaydoe Florentina FB
Kabore City FB
Geuhi Palace CB
Rabiot PSG MF
Gallagher Chelsea MF
Eze Palace MF
Neto Wolves F
Solanke Bournemouth F
Chiesa Juventas F
Toney Brentford F
The Belgian wonderkid cant remember his name F
Player in Turkiye with Polish sounding name F

There are probably many more, should be enough rumours for anyone.
I think everyone knows that deep down Neto is possibly the only one of those that was any truth in it. Maybe Toney if his price goes bargain basement on deadline day. But the rest is just nonsense filling the void

This transfer window has been a tragedy so far.. happy with gray but we have not fixed any holes in our team
A £40m DM has not fixed our biggest hole at DM?

We've also fixed our FB cover (Spence and Donley) and 10/8 cover (Bergvall and Devine) from within. Austin has arguably sorted back-up keeper too.

Its only RW, and maybe CF, left now that maybe needs a tweak or two

I think everyone knows that deep down Neto is possibly the only one of those that was any truth in it. Maybe Toney if his price goes bargain basement on deadline day. But the rest is just nonsense filling the void

That probably explains why there are so many post about them, it's a sure bet if we sign someone half the posts won't like it, if we don't the regulars will blame Levy. It's the same every window, nobody on here knows what's going on and lots still believe any thing they see or read on internet.

Remember with the 6 that we've actually signed 4 of them (Devine and Lankshear from Wigan and Sheff U, as well as the recent 2). So they've been scouted from amongst the best in their age group across the country/continent. So its not a fluke that they are very good, its a long term strategy coming to fruition.
The long term strategy is knocking on 30 years now…

We are 3 windows in now. Miles off. I feel sorry for him because ultimately he’s not going to get what he needs and he’ll be gone. Seen it all before. The eternal optimists fair play. We are not moving the needle this season if our squad stays as is in my opinion.

Time will tell. Let’s revisit in May . Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong but can’t see it.

So you were expecting it done within 15 months of Ange’s arrival? Then the same the applies. The disappointment is on you.

Look at any other successful team and how long it took them.

So you were expecting it done within 15 months of Ange’s arrival? Then the same the applies. The disappointment is on you.

Not very long for mourinho at Chelsea or Pep at Emirates Marketing Project ... the point being you do have to dip into the transfer market with a wad of cash for instant success and it can happen with the right man in charge with the right amount of funds ...

Our approach is a little different ... it doesn't warrant instant success nor does it mean that we will be successful, just enough to keep supporter interest, a little entertaining to pacify the doubters, and some good tidy business in the market. If we win some tin then great, if not we will "compete".

No but I expect to see some transfers to move us in a good direction. At the moment apart from clearing the decks of some of the rubbish we’ve picked up over the years we are no stronger.

The fact we decided to keep Werner is quite frankly embarrassing.

Bergvail looks a player. Gray looks tidy but thought he was poor yesterday struggled to do the basics under pressure.

As for our attacking options they are not good enough . Son aside.

Plus we need a proper 6 who’s going to do the dirty work and break up play.

So 15 months is a short time but our direction of travel for the last 20 games last season I don’t think Ange will get another 15 months on top of that. If we go into the season playing the same way as last season with the current players Ange will be under pressure as I think we will struggle. He’s going to need to adapt his system or to add some real quality not just players for two three seasons down the road. Gray etc.

Last edited:
Back