• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

If he's for the right wing ok. Lw is stocked. Especially with moore coming through.
He plays anywhere across the 3 AM roles. He's right footed, so LW is his most natural, but he's almost completely 2 footed. He's been playing ACM for France too.

Not on twitter or x whatever it's called. Someone somewhere posted his tweet (xt?). About him not being sure if yang was one of the 3. That wouldn't have been a month ago. If he posted before that fair enough.
Well yeah, that post was up on Reddit 11 days ago - I don't consider 11 days a month ago....

Doesn’t Ange like to meet the new players, first impressions and all of that? I doubt we will be signing anyone until he is there to speak to them first.
First contact from Ange is quite often done over the phone, so whether he is in the UK or abroad is irrelevant.

That’s a position we need to strengthen as I agree with you on Bissouma. Showed glimpses but ultimately not been consistent at all.

This for me as well, its annoying because he has all the basic skills but he seems to lose concentration at times during games and the mistakes are made. He will be 28 this month and you would think he would have overcome that weakness in his game.

We're spurs fans, if at any point you don't feel worried you haven't been paying attention.
How you start the season is pretty much irrelevant, it's how you finish it.
Let's just wait and see.
No that's not correct. Every match counts towards your points total, so how you start the season is just as important as how you finish it to your final finishing position.

Like the summer of 2018...
We have introduced (signed or started playing regularly) appx 13 players into the first team in 18 months.
I'm happy it's quiet. We don't need lots. And whatever we do finalize needs to be correct.

Vic
Porro,
Spence
VdV,
Drag
Udogie
Sarr
Maddison
Gray
Bergvall
Johnson
Werner
Solomon

The focus needs to be on the training pitch, not the transfer market.
It's a good squad - with 5/6 youngsters that have a chance of breaking through too.

The right striker upgrade, the right LWB rotation. Nothing else is essential.

The likes of Eze that would just be an improvement - yes.

I wouldn't expect it to be done in 15 months, thats unrealistic but I can see the concern with some of the things we've done or haven't done this window. We haven't addressed the attacking third as yet and we have 2 weeks remaining before the first match. It doesn't feel like we are likely to get a player in and settled in time for that match and for me that's a concern.

Ange may feel differently and may feel that his attackers are good enough but I'm not sure what for? An attempt at top 4 maybe but nothing beyond that for me. Which is fine if we achieve it but I'm unconvinced tbh, I really don't rate the forwards in this team and I would have wanted that to be addressed along with the DM. Again maybe Gray is the answer for the DM position but hes not really been used there in preseason and we've all heard the talk that he actually prefers and plays more like an 8.

I do like that we have continued pruning the squad of the excess and I do think that will help going forward but I can't lie and say I think incomings wise it's been a resounding success so far. I'm not sure if we are improved as it is. If so, it appears to be rather marginal.

Completely agree. Maybe time will tell and our young players will shine and make us better but right now it now it’s not immediately obvious to me. I was also told by people on here I was wrong for being underwhelmed by Werner being re-loaned in because “it is May”. Well now it’s August and we haven’t made any other signings in that area or obvious improvements so does that mean Werner isn’t a great a signing as people were saying it was 3 months ago because they were expecting other forwards to be signed? I’m also concerned about DM as well as Bissouma has flattered to deceive and Skipp is miles off the quality we need. The upsides are we have no international tournaments and hopefully fewer injuries. Can’t be much worse than last season.

No that's not correct. Every match counts towards your points total, so how you start the season is just as important as how you finish it to your final finishing position.

Yes it’s really weird how people are happy to write off the first few games when the title or top 4 more often than not comes down to something like between 1 and 6 points most seasons so every point counts as you rightly point out.

We are bound to fail as all of our matches are "must win"

You should have the majority of your transfer business done well before the season starts. Obviously you may get one or two stragglers on deadline day. It just seems like a bonkers strategy to essentially put saving a few quid above getting business done sooner and risking getting less points which could cost us a trophy or a top 4 place.

You should have the majority of your transfer business done well before the season starts. Obviously you may get one or two stragglers on deadline day. It just seems like a bonkers strategy to essentially put saving a few quid above getting business done sooner and risking getting less points which could cost us a trophy or a top 4 place.

Do you definitely know the club aren't trying to sign any new players?
Do you think we should pay whatever the selling club say they want and the salary and terms the plays agent wants for their meal ticket?
Who are the players you think we should sign and how much should we pay?

It's not just up to spurs though is it? The selling club and player also have to agree.

Do you definitely know the club aren't trying to sign any new players?
Do you think we should pay whatever the selling club say they want and the salary and terms the plays agent wants for their meal ticket?
Who are the players you think we should sign and how much should we pay?

Who I think we should sign is irrelevant. I can only judge on the players we have signed so far and it’s clear we still have holes to fill with less than 2 weeks to go before the season starts. It would just be nice if those that constantly defend our transfer policy acknowledge there is a downside to signing players on the eve of the season which gives them and the team little time to get familiar with each other.

Who I think we should sign is irrelevant. I can only judge on the players we have signed so far and it’s clear we still have holes to fill with less than 2 weeks to go before the season starts. It would just be nice if those that constantly defend our transfer policy acknowledge there is a downside to signing players on the eve of the season which gives them and the team little time to get familiar with each other.
Getting the right player is vastly more important than what time you get a player. Seems you'd be happy with anyone, as long as they got signed early, for then to lambast levy for signing the wrong player.
If a deal is there to be made for a player we want, we make it,as with Gray. If not we wait or move to the next.

So you don't know if aren't trying to sign players, just think that we may not as we've not sign the particular players you think we should have in the past? I'm not defending our transfer policy as like everyone on here I don't know the facts, neither do I read the crap on the internet sites. I think signing Gray and Bergvall early contradicts your view unless they don't count as they are not world super stars at record fees, we've don't have a great recent history with our big money signings even through most were gushing over their capture. We are not in CL which is a big disadvantage and like you I can't think of anyone that would guarantee us success who is available.

Back