• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

3 Days ago he said they had a plan. These comments are a concern today. As you say could be bluff.

If it’s a poor summer it’s a massive negative against our scouting.

We'll never know, the recruitment team may have identified 3/4 candidates and their clubs may not want to sell or are asking too much and perhaps the player wants to wait to see if an other club is interested. The draw of CL football is high on most players ambition and this put us at a disadvantage. I can't think of any goal scorer who would meet our needs being transferred yet, we should make judgements when we know the facts or the ITK gods tell their disciples.

3 Days ago he said they had a plan. These comments are a concern today. As you say could be bluff.

This is what he said in March.

"No. We’ve got a lot of work to do still on the squad and I don’t think we’re anywhere near where we want to be," Postecoglou said ahead of Sunday's trip to Aston Villa. "It probably will take a little bit more than three windows to get there, for sure.

I wonder if it's Paratici becoming more distant that is the issue. We might have all the data in the world, but no deal maker to press palms

We'll bring in more players. We'd all love them ready for the beginning of preseason. But it's rarely the case.

Would love it if uefa had the transfer window shut on the first week of august though. Before the season starts. Focus minds and cut out stalling.

The WC and Euros bugger up summer transfer windows every 2 years.

We'll bring in more players. We'd all love them ready for the beginning of preseason. But it's rarely the case.

Would love it if uefa had the transfer window shut on the first week of august though. Before the season starts. Focus minds and cut out stalling.
I vaguely remember they did that once years ago where they shut the window before the season started. There was backlash but can’t remember why exactly. Possibly something to do with different leagues a their start dates. Anyway the next year they swiftly reverted back

I vaguely remember they did that once years ago where they shut the window before the season started. There was backlash but can’t remember why exactly. Possibly something to do with different leagues a their start dates. Anyway the next year they swiftly reverted back

The prem did it alone. Meant the rest of europe could buy players while prem teams couldn't. The whole of europe or more preferably the world would need to do it at the same time.

Maybe, but personally i would rather stick with Richie then either Toney or Solanke as the alternatives.

I think it did click for Richy last year. The injuries were a shame. A fit confident Richy for a whole season will be hard to improve on without spending a fortune.

Toney would be the one that could suit us imo and take us up a notch. We still lack an aggy leader type (we have Cuti I know) but Toney could very quickly become a key player for us - allbeit I know he’s been a bit of a pest in the past.

I think it did click for Richy last year. The injuries were a shame. A fit confident Richy for a whole season will be hard to improve on without spending a fortune.

Toney would be the one that could suit us imo and take us up a notch. We still lack an aggy leader type (we have Cuti I know) but Toney could very quickly become a key player for us - allbeit I know he’s been a bit of a pest in the past.

You are spot on about Richy and i would rather we stuck with him to see if he can stay injury free, as for Toney i really think the hype that is following him at the moment is overstated and i would rather miss out on him.

He said we’re not going to do it ALL this transfer window. Did you expect us to? If so, the disappointment is on you.
We are 3 windows in now. Miles off. I feel sorry for him because ultimately he’s not going to get what he needs and he’ll be gone. Seen it all before. The eternal optimists fair play. We are not moving the needle this season if our squad stays as is in my opinion.

Time will tell. Let’s revisit in May . Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong but can’t see it.

We are 3 windows in now. Miles off. I feel sorry for him because ultimately he’s not going to get what he needs and he’ll be gone. Seen it all before. The eternal optimists fair play. We are not moving the needle this season if our squad stays as is in my opinion.

Time will tell. Let’s revisit in May . Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong but can’t see it.
Our squad is already very different to last season:

We've had 6 amazing looking young players come through who are right in the mix now.

We've potentially got the renaissance of Spence. And if Bentancur and Richarlison find fitness, that's our best midfielder and CF available again

That's 9 very good players who werent really part of the picture last season

6 amazing youngsters ? How many times we seen youngsters come through and have an impact. It’s very rare. All look talented but long way to go to make that step into the Prem.

Look lots of if’s and buts. Yes squad looks different but I don’t think our attacking options apart from Son are anything other than ok.

Still can’t get over hiw poor we were at times last season.

We will see in two weeks time how we look when the competitive stuff starts. As I say I’d like to be proven wrong.

6 amazing youngsters ? How many times we seen youngsters come through and have an impact. It’s very rare. All look talented but long way to go to make that step into the Prem.

Look lots of if’s and buts. Yes squad looks different but I don’t think our attacking options apart from Son are anything other than ok.

Still can’t get over hiw poor we were at times last season.

We will see in two weeks time how we look when the competitive stuff starts. As I say I’d like to be proven wrong.
Remember with the 6 that we've actually signed 4 of them (Devine and Lankshear from Wigan and Sheff U, as well as the recent 2). So they've been scouted from amongst the best in their age group across the country/continent. So its not a fluke that they are very good, its a long term strategy coming to fruition.

Remember with the 6 that we've actually signed 4 of them (Devine and Lankshear from Wigan and Sheff U, as well as the recent 2). So they've been scouted from amongst the best in their age group across the country/continent. So its not a fluke that they are very good, its a long term strategy coming to fruition.
I agree. No doubt they are. Just as I say it’s a step up to the prem.

It's all very quiet, isn't it? When we had Don Paratici doing business, it was a complete circus 24/7, always someone on the radar - now there's barely even any rumours.

Back