• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Ange saying its not all happening in this window, thats either a bluff or its going to be a poor summer

It's probably just resignation that there isn't the CF for us out there. I still think we'll get the other missing piece though (RW; Neto?) and have a really good season (3rd all being well)

Its poor going if we have gone all summer to come to the conclusion there is no CF in world football for us
Like you say, it could well be a bluff. But also could be based on pre season Ange and the team have concluded the money could be better spent elsewhere and that Richi with alternative options of Demi/Lankshear/even Son dependant on opposition is good enough?

I've already argued that I didn't imagine Lankshear being involved with the first team as I see Moore as the one who will be and don't think we would be giving multiple youngsters this opportunity at once. But if they've seen enough of Lankshear/Deki up top to believe they can do the business I'm all behind it - if we get another player of real quality in another position.....

Like you say, it could well be a bluff. But also could be based on pre season Ange and the team have concluded the money could be better spent elsewhere and that Richi with alternative options of Demi/Lankshear/even Son dependant on opposition is good enough?

I've already argued that I didn't imagine Lankshear being involved with the first team as I see Moore as the one who will be and don't think we would be giving multiple youngsters this opportunity at once. But if they've seen enough of Lankshear/Deki up top to believe they can do the business I'm all behind it - if we get another player of real quality in another position.....

Yeh and I would take that for sure, but we would still need strength in other areas IMO, even if its not CF, I don't see youth having all areas covered, RW for example.

I hope we have at least one more freshen up signing coming

Yeh and I would take that for sure, but we would still need strength in other areas IMO, even if its not CF, I don't see youth having all areas covered, RW for example.

I hope we have at least one more freshen up signing coming
That's exactly what I mean, that Ange has concluded he's happy with CF options so would rather spend big on an Eze or whoever they have targeted who will be a real difference maker. There is absolutely no chance that we won't get a couple more significant signings IMO.....

Its poor going if we have gone all summer to come to the conclusion there is no CF in world football for us

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United have come to the same conclusion over the last few years too. Or they've bought inadequate players or square pegs instead.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United have come to the same conclusion over the last few years too. Or they've bought inadequate players or square pegs instead.

Most have tried IMO in those areas, I don't think they have reinvented the wheel as some claim, they have made poor choices, some are not as poor as some make out either IMO

Most have tried IMO in those areas, I don't think they have reinvented the wheel as some claim, they have made poor choices, some are not as poor as some make out either IMO

True. But in recent history only City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have nailed the brief with Haaland and Isak

There is a dearth of top strikers in European football at the moment that are young and/or affordable.

This is the Golden Shoe table for 2023/24 and there's slim pickings there.

PlayerGoalsPoints
Harry Kane (Bayern)3672
Serhou Guirassy (Stuttgart)2856
Kylian Mbappe (PSG)2754
Erling Haaland (Emirates Marketing Project)2754
Lois Openda (RB Leipzig)2448
Lautaro Martinez (Inter)2448
Artem Dovbyk (Girona)2448
Alexander Sorloth (Villarreal)2346
Cole Palmer (Chelsea)2244
Viktor Gyokeres (Sporting CP)2943.5
Vangelis Pavlidis (AZ)2943.5