• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I do think that's the best policy this summer. Keep our powder dry and revisit next summer when we see how Richarlison, Lankshear, maybe Kulu do; and who has emerged across the world in the position.

I think maybe just go for a wide player - Doue or Neto or whoever - instead.
That’s a major risk.

We finished last season poorly (in fact, we were a very poor watch from January onwards). If Ange doesn’t hit the ground running quickly this season I think he will be under real pressure very quickly.

That’s a major risk.

We finished last season poorly (in fact, we were a very poor watch from January onwards). If Ange doesn’t hit the ground running quickly this season I think he will be under real pressure very quickly.
It is
But you have to factor in the massive impact the injuries then the tournaments mid season had
Its impossible to quantify but it may have been huge
Now add in the youth additions for squad depth who all seem to get how too, and seem to excel at this type of football
Out fan base is split on give the youth a chance… through to we have added no one because they are all too young
I’m very much on the first part of the statement
I saw the under 21s last year and they really played with a mentality and mind set which gave me a confidence I haven’t seen in a youth team before
I saw them go behind and not change… the Ange way. They carried on playing the way they knew would win. And they did
Ange said last year that the confidence in the system wasn’t there with everyone and I do wonder if that’s with the more technically limited players were selling or have sold
That alone can lift a teams level and we really should have got CL last year anyway
I am an optimist by nature

We have replaced Hojberg with Bergvall and gray. lo celso too has been replaced by bergvall and donley
We have Spence now who can cover right back and play inverted … who knew
Moore at 16 looks a man and hasn’t had any issues pre season stepping up against men. He could easily be an option on the wings. That unknown quantity
Lankshear looks our best striker now along with Kulu… gonna be interesting to see how fit Richy is but his injuries are a huge, huge worry for me
These are players that instantly add depth with the right technical capability but of course lack experience

It is
But you have to factor in the massive impact the injuries then the tournaments mid season had
Now add in the youth additions for squad depth who all seem to get how too, and seem to excel at this type of football
Out fan base is split on give the youth a chance… through to we have added no one because they are all too young
I saw the under 21s last year and they really played with a mentality and mind set which gave me a confidence I haven’t seen in a youth team before
I saw them go behind and not change… the Ange way. They carried on playing the way they knew would win. And they did
Ange said last year that the confidence in the system wasn’t there with everyone and I do wonder if that’s with the more technically limited players were selling or have sold
That alone can lift a teams level and we really should have got CL last year anyway

I agree the development teams play without fear of losing, its extremely difficult to to instill that in players, they have to know that their managers/coaches will allow them to make mistakes as long as they are working to eliminate them.

Most of our previous established players have grown up playing not to lose, the young profile of our team will hopefully embrace a more adventurous game.

It was so depressing watching us go 1 up and retreat into a shell hoping to hang on, simply letting opponents grow in confidence.

Too early to say how these young players will do in the PL and over time (consistency) in the PL. It's a big step up in a lot of ways from other leagues and preseason.

Loan/staying based on what kind of game time Ange thinks he'll want to trust them with and transfers then based on what that leaves the squad wanting. Really difficult decisions. What the club thinks will let them continue their development in the best way possible is the key factor imo.

I think having too many of them at the club at the same time could have downsides. More difficult if the manager has to trust several of them at the same time, lacks other options if they're not performing to their potential. So I think some of them should be loaned out most likely.

I feel pretty sure we're not going for Toney and we're only being linked because most journalists can't think of anyone else to link us with. Richarlison will stay and we won't sign another pure CF in order to give minutes to our young talents. Maybe a winger and an AM that can cover more than one position. Any defensive additions depends on players leaving first IMO.

I feel pretty sure we're not going for Toney and we're only being linked because most journalists can't think of anyone else to link us with. Richarlison will stay and we won't sign another pure CF in order to give minutes to our young talents. Maybe a winger and an AM that can cover more than one position. Any defensive additions depends on players leaving first IMO.
We have definitely been talking to Toneys people

Don't think Brentford would cash in on Toney now their new signing is out for months.
If they do give the green light for a bid we should go for it, something between £30-40m.

It is
I’m all for the young players being given a chance, but I do feel that we should be signing a proven, PL experienced striker. We sold Kane for relatively big money and haven’t replaced him.

I accept the argument a bit about injuries disrupting things last season, but we’ll undoubtedly get injuries this season too, especially with a Europa League campaign to manage. Maddison, for one, always seems to end up with a fairly long spell on the sidelines.

Still a fair amount of time left though, so hopefully things are being worked on. If we don’t sign a striker, though, I’ll have concerns.

Don't think Brentford would cash in on Toney now their new signing is out for months.
If they do give the green light for a bid we should go for it, something between £30-40m.
They played without him for most of last season
And would want the money rather a than the loss

Is he ?
Didn’t know you knew him
His comments about Brentford after being supported whilst out, his recorded comments previously about Brentford and his comments at the Euros

Plus Arsenal / Chelsea have been out off

That's before you even get to the betting on his own clubs games.

I think he'd be worth a punt late in the window once his value drops significantly, 20-25m - but putting up big money for him is dicey considering sell on value being virtually nil

Don't know what the negative is about... you may not like him as a person but he is a bloody good striker ... most strikers are insufferable ego maniacs ... and it's one of the traits of the best ones that have ever played the game.

He would absolutely bang goals in for fun playing for Ange ... he is an immediate upgrade on who we have on our books. And at the lowered asking price I think it's well worth a punt.

No offence Richy is all fart and no poo ...

Back